This article is in need of cleanup in order to comply with Encyclopedia SpongeBobia's Manual of Style. Please help this Wiki by making this article clean and tidy!
This article contains speculative information. Please keep this in mind as you read it.
Their opinion on each other
- When SpongeBob first met Sandy in Tea at the Treedome, he wanted to be with her all day despite that he did not know the meaning of air.
- Their relationship seems to be close.
- SpongeBob may seem to have a crush on Sandy and vice versa, noted by hints in a few episodes.
- It's very rare for Patrick to visit Sandy without SpongeBob (and extremely rare for anyone else to), but SpongeBob visits Sandy without Patrick all the time.
- Sandy's not as close to Patrick as she is SpongeBob because she is annoyed with his stupidity. Although SpongeBob can be pretty stupid too, she's not as often annoyed with him.
- In the graphic novel gone jellyfishing, on the blurb it says SpongeBob has a crush on Sandy
Most Favorite Activities
- Karate - SpongeBob and Sandy do karate often. Their first karate moment is Karate Choppers. In some episodes, SpongeBob tries to sneak up on Sandy to win, but SpongeBob's plan backfired. As the series progressed, they did less karate, and do science instead.
- Science - Sandy uses SpongeBob as a test monkey for her inventions, in Perfect Chemistry, Sandy did not call SpongeBob "lab partner" until the end.
- Hanging out at Goo Lagoon - In Season 1, they hang out at Goo Lagoon such as in Ripped Pants and MuscleBob BuffPants. In these episodes, SpongeBob tries to impress Sandy.
Hints of attraction
- After SpongeBob rescued Sandy from a giant clam, Sandy stated that she liked him. *SpongeBob wanted to visit to her house; despite him did not knowing about air. *He was surprised about Sandy's home because there was no water. But despite that he was slowly drying out, he stayed at Sandy's home so he would not hurt her feelings.
- He wanted to impress Sandy by making things out of sand.
- When Sandy goes to lift some weights, SpongeBob was upset.
- SpongeBob was also jealous of Larry because he kept getting Sandy's attention.
- SpongeBob felt embarrassed when he ripped his pants, but when this instantly made him a comedic star, he thought he could rip his pants to get good laughs and impress Sandy. This worked until SpongeBob pretended to drown, making Sandy (and the rest of the beach) angry because they thought he had died.
- Everyone including Sandy deserted him, but SpongeBob sang a song to make up for his mistake. His song had romantic lyrics referring to Sandy. Then they big hugged.
- SpongeBob wanted to be in Sandy's rocket on her moon trip. It's possible he wanted to be with her, or he wanted to see the moon.
- SpongeBob wanted to impress Sandy by catching aliens by saying: "But won't she feel silly when I catch her a real live alien? Aw, she'll love me!"
- When Flying Dutchman comes to steal SpongeBob's soul, Sandy screams "SpongeBob" and seems the most worried about him.
- SpongeBob bought Anchor Arms to make himself look muscular, wanting to impress Sandy and everyone else.
- SpongeBob and Sandy had several "friendly" matches of karate.
- In the Krusty Krab SpongeBob imagines a fish as Sandy (sneaking up to fight him) and winks at him, he looked flustered.
- SpongeBob and Sandy may have had a "date" by having a picnic in the park.
- When Mr. Krabs found them in the park, SpongeBob chose being allowed to do karate with Sandy over his job, saying "I guess you'll just have to fire me, Mr. Krabs.
- Instead of calling Patrick to take him to the doctor he called Sandy.
- Sandy helped SpongeBob get to the hospital (fighting with Patrick during the process).
- SpongeBob and Sandy exchanged valentine gifts.
- They are the only ones who were involved with a plan (giving Patrick a great Valentine's Day surprise).
- SpongeBob was the most concerned when Sandy wanted to go back to Texas.
- Sandy blushed, in anger, when SpongeBob jokingly referred to Texas.
- Sandy beats Patrick up, but before she tries to beat up SpongeBob she says "Y'all better take back what chya said!" (trying to give him another chance) to which SpongeBob responds "Nooo!" and keeps running, forcing her to attack him.
- SpongeBob hugged Sandy for catching the "monster."
- (not sure if this counts since neither of them are doing the action, but...) When Sandy caught the "monster," the crowd carried both Sandy & SpongeBob (but not Patrick).
- She secretly installed something into his bed, that launches him straight to her at the press of a button.
- They did a lot of the extreme pre-hibernation stunts together (much to SpongeBob's dismay), because he told her "Sandy, I'm willing to sacrifice any of my time... to you."
- Sandy was so worried about SpongeBob's disappearance that she put everyone in town into a search party and destroyed several buildings to look for him. He was found under Patrick's rock.
- Sandy gives a big smile, her eyes shine, and gives him a hug.
- SpongeBob "rescues" Sandy from a "fire" (really Christmas tree lights).
- Sandy taught SpongeBob about the meaning of Christmas.
- When he's nervious, at the beginning, he keeps looking in the direction of Sandy (and Patrick, who's sitting at the same table).
- Sandy was upset that SpongeBob made fun of her species, and asked him to stop (instead of immediately getting angry and beating him up).
- SpongeBob was invited in Sandy's Treedome. (According to Sandy's plan).
- When he visited her, he brought her flowers.
- He promised her he'd stop making squirrel jokes.
- They hugged twice backstage.
- He started telling jokes about Mr.Krabs and Patrick
- When SpongeBob looks out the window, he imagines everyone having the MOST FUN EVER without him. One of the things he imagines is Patrick rubbing suntan lotion on a seemingly hypnotized or stuffed Sandy.
- They challenged each other to races and dare.
- In the end, they apologize to each other about their rivalry.
- SpongeBob became very protective of Sandy in this episode. He was the only one who was concerned about Sandy's safety and made several attempts to make her retreat.
- SpongeBob sees Sandy and Larry dancing, meaning he might have been jealous.
- Sandy was shocked that SpongeBob was injured.
- Sandy was also the most focused to make SpongeBob go outside.
- SpongeBob enjoys Sandy's joke at the beginning, while having a friendly game of karate. *Sandy shows off the strength to SpongeBob and gets into the Salty Spittoon, and then SpongeBob tries many times, despite being injured many times, to get in to the Salty Spittoon, too, by trying to show off his strength to Sandy.
- When SpongeBob injures himself, Sandy calls an ambulance, despite SpongeBob only having minor injuries. Although, he had gotten knocked out until they were in the ambulance. ===Season 4===
- SpongeBob goes to Sandy's house for advice.
- He was upset that Sandy was with Patrick, leaving her dome crying.
- SpongeBob was interested about Sandy's new invention, stopping at her house before work. *Sandy lets SpongeBob help test her new invention.
- SpongeBob was the most concerned that Sandy had to leave forever.
- He, along with Patrick, was very touched by Sandy's song.
- SpongeBob goes to Sandy first when Squidward gets hurt, and then guards her submarine for her.
- Sandy trusts SpongeBob (and Patrick) to save Squidward.
- SpongeBob wanted Sandy to come so she will be impressed.
- SpongeBob acts like a jerk to her when he became "King of Karate," but despite the fact that Sandy was annoyed by SpongeBob's bragging, she went to rescue him.
- SpongeBob tried to impress Sandy with his wig, making her to laugh.
- In the morning, when Sandy visits and SpongeBob wanted to tell Sandy what he looked on his new wig, causing SpongeBob to blush.
- Sandy was the only one who did not make fun of SpongeBob, and when SpongeBob flew his wig, Sandy politely accompanies him.
- SpongeBob has a fit when Sandy is away, and then decides to throw a welcome back party for her.
- Sandy was only worried about if it hurt SpongeBob when she used them all as weapons (even though he said it tickles).
- Sandy has a crying fit after finding out that SpongeBob was missing, and then creates a device to find him.
- Sandy had the least amount of reasoning to find SpongeBob, and yet she seemed the most worried.
- SpongeBob and Sandy were apparently getting married. However, it turned out to be a play, though the priest did not know it was a play. (But to make things more confusing: neither Mr. Krabs or Patrick had remembered the events of this supposed 'flashback', even though they were in it. So SpongeBob may have made it all up).
- In a deleted scene SpongeBob says " It doesn't have to be (a play)" hinting that he does like Sandy, but she slaps him in return. This is the episode that most likely hints at a possible relationship between SpongeBob and Sandy.
- SpongeBob agreed to help Sandy, and when Mr. Krabs needed help, he tried to tell him he needed to help Sandy.
- SpongeBob wanted to "save" Sandy from a rodeo in Texas because of the clowns. He kidnapped everyone in Bikini Bottom to float inside a bubble to Texas with him.
- Sandy then saved SpongeBob from a bullfrog she was fighting against.
- SpongeBob wanted Sandy to call him "lab partner" but ends up annoying Sandy, making SpongeBob upset.
- While arriving at the Chum Bucket, Sandy called Plankton "lab partner", making SpongeBob jealous and upset, leaving the Chum Bucket. But Sandy companies him telling him that he can be the test monkey.
- In the end, Sandy finally called SpongeBob lab partner when she foiled Plankton's plan, making SpongeBob overjoyed.
- When SpongeBob was giving Sandy a Krabby Patty, he had a glaze in his eyes and said it was for "a special friend."
- Even though SpongeBob couldn't reveal the formula, he was willing to show her the 'ins and outs' of making a Krabby Patty.
- SpongeBob acts impressionistic towards the Sandy Robot when he told it the temperature for grilling.
- SpongeBob bought her a going-away cake.
- Sandy just happened to already have 2 snowboards.
- While going through the list of responsibilities, Sandy comments on how well SpongeBob is paying attention then SpongeBob returns the compliment causing Sandy to blush while thanking him.
"It Came from Goo Lagoon"
- spongebob protected sandy after her sub was destroyed
- Sandy was jealous of Kenny the Cat.
- SpongeBob liked Sandy's suit and was nice to her about it.
- Sandy is worried about SpongeBob when he breaks his thumbs.
- SpongeBob makes up a holiday called "Surprise Sandy Day."
- SpongeBob leaves Sandy a letter that reads:
- To: Sandy ::The smartest, prettiest squirrel in Bikini Bottom. ::Signed: A Friend
Spongebob Squarepants; Gone Jellyfishing
On the blurb it clearly states spongebob has a crush on sandy
The SpongeBob SquarePants Survival Guide
The SpongeBob SquarePants Survival Guide by David Lewman confirmed that SpongeBob does in fact have a crush on Sandy, as in the book it says:
- The most important thing about a secret crush is that it stays secret. Super secret! Super DOUBLE secret! Super TRIPLE secret!
- You can't tell anyone! Not even your best friend!
- And especially not the person you have the secret crush on.
- You have to act natural around your crush. Don't giggle. Don't go weak in the knees. Don't blush. And don't fog up your bubble helmet. (Wait a minute - forget I said that last part.)
- Take me for example. I act perfectly natural when I go over to the treedome and...
- I'VE SAID TOO MUCH!
- SpongeBob wants to make a valentine for Sandy.
SpongeBob SquarePants: Fool's Gold
- It says in the book:
- SpongeBob has a crush on the thrill-seeking, air suit-wearing Sandy Cheeks.
- Also, Squidward Tentacles says to Sandy, "Here to defend your little boyfriend?"
One of the things SpongeBob can say during a game over is "Tell...Sandy...I love her." Can be heard 
- In the locker at the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob has a picture of Sandy. If the player clicks on it, SpongeBob SquarePants says, "Sandy Cheeks, looking at her makes me smile," hinting at a possible romantic connection between the two.
- On a game show "My Dad is Smarter than Your Dad" the contestants were asked: "What is the first name of SpongeBob SquarePants' squirrel girlfriend?"