"Sandy's Vacation in Ruins" is a SpongeBob SquarePants A SquarePants Family Vacation short. In this short, Sandy takes SpongeBob to see some ancient ruins, and they meet some amazing robot toilet cleaners.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Sandy Cheeks
- Three robots
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Bikini Bottomites
SpongeBob says that he couldn't wait for the ancient rains. He also brought an umbrella. Sandy tells him that it is the ancient ruins and not rains. They come to a huge sand castle which is the ruins, and Sandy takes a picture. They are inside.
They first see the Charted Caverns of Lemuria. Sandy then tells SpongeBob not to touch anything. Then SpongeBob pulls a sandy toilet plunger. Then a twirly square hole comes and they walk in. They both wonder which way is top and bottom. SpongeBob says that the top is behind them. Then they both fall through the hole and float down onto the floor. SpongeBob finally stops screaming.
They come to a holographic projector, which Sandy touches. A crystal comes out and the crystal zaps Sandy's tail and bones are seen. The zap zaps another crystal and it shines on two diamonds. The diamonds come together in a tube shape. Three balls are shot out. They turn to robots. Two of them zap SpongeBob and Sandy. They float in zap bubbles to a room.
It is full of creations. One of the statues hold the room together. Literally, a robot tells them that they weren't the civilization itself, but rather built by the civilization for janitorial needs. However, a disaster struck, killing the great civilization. They were the only ones left, so they built their own civilization.
However, SpongeBob accidentally destroys the statue that is delicate. As a result, the room falls apart and the whole building follows suit.
Two days later, they get out of the rubble. The robots aren't happy. SpongeBob feels sorry for them. The robots were sitting at a campfire with wieners, wondering what to do now, so SpongeBob gave them jobs as janitors at the Krusty Krab, explaining to Mr. Krabs that he wouldn't have to pay them.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Marlin March - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Vacation (a) - Kapono Beamer, Mac Prindy [opening]
‣ ? [they get off the bus]
‣ Aquarium - Bernard Rabaud, Eric Gemsa ["Behold the uncharted caverns of Lumeria."]
‣ Tower of Evil - Magnum Opus [SpongeBob pulls a lever]
‣ Adventure Fanfare 1 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [spiral tunnel appears]
‣ Hostile Space - Harry Lubin [SpongeBob and Sandy walk through the tunnel]
‣ Tragic Bridge 4 - Phil Green [SpongeBob and Sandy falling]
‣ Vault of Secrets - Magnum Opus [control module]
‣ Frightmare - Magnum Opus [janitor-bots revealed]
‣ ? ["Whoa, what is this place?"]
‣ ? [sphere laser dichotomy]
‣ The Magic Kingdom - Paul Louis Reeves [origin of janitor-bots]
‣ Frightmare - Magnum Opus [SpongeBob breaks the sculpture]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [two days later...]
‣ Unknown Track 35 - Pat Irwin ["Gee, I feel bad for those poor robots."]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, please forgive me, robots!"]
‣ Sailor's Sting 7 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [ending]
- This is the longest short to date, at 4:57 in length.
- This is the second unofficial SpongeBob episode. The first was "The Endless Summer."
- This short episode on iTunes was paired with "A SquarePants Family Vacation." It also included on The Pilot a Mini-Movie and the Square Shorts DVD and as a bonus feature on disc 4 on The Complete Eighth Season DVD Set.
- This short premiered nine years after "Squeaky Boots" premiered in Japan and four years after SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis was released on GBA and Wii and "Atlantis SquarePantis" premiered.
- This is the only "vacation"-related installment that doesn't have a slideshow prologue.
- The time card "Two Days Later" is similar to the title card of "No Hat for Pat."
- The ancient civilization SpongeBob and Sandy visit could be a parody to the Maya or Aztecs.
- It's unknown how SpongeBob and Sandy survived in the rubble for 2 days.
- When the laser hits Sandy's tail, bones are shown. In the next scene, her tail is fine, and no bones are shown.