- Eugene H. Krabs
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Patrick Star
- Pearl Krabs
- Johnny Elaine
- Harold "Bill" Reginald
- Nathiel Waters
- Abigail Marge
- Martha Smith
- Isabelle Fish
- Fred (blue)
- Dennis Rechid
- Officer John Slugfish
- Miss Shell
- Jimmy Gus
- Debbie Rechid
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Norma Rechid
- Nat Peterson
- Money host (debut)
- Mrs. Greenback (debut)
- Money waiter (debut)
- Money violinist (debut)
- Other Money customers (debut)
- Money Dragon (debut)
- Bank manager (debut)
An advertisement for free interest from the bank broadcasts on the Krusty Krab's TV. Mr. Krabs hears about it and leaves SpongeBob SquarePants in charge of the Krusty Krab as he rushes to the bank. Mr. Krabs notices that people get interest. Mr. Krabs over-obsesses about money, and Nancy presses a button for guards to kick him out. Mr. Krabs disguises as a mustachoid man, but the disguise fails.
Mr. Krabs disguises again, but as a woman, and Nancy told him he had to make a deposit. Mr. Krabs chooses to deposit only a penny but is anguished. While saying goodbye to his penny, he falls down to a room full of money. He arranges this pile of money into a restaurant. SpongeBob sees that Mr. Krabs is gone. He goes to Pearl, then he calls Mr. Krabs, who says he is running out of oxygen. He then goes to Patrick and asks for his help to break in a bank. Patrick does a spit-take and is shocked at how crazy this is, only to say it is great. SpongeBob and Patrick arrive at the bank and discuss how to get it. Patrick brings some shoelaces, and SpongeBob grapples them to the roof. The shoelaces untie themselves, and he falls. Patrick brings a grappling hook, but it also fails after they took the vent that led that back at the front. He has a key, and SpongeBob commands him to use finesse. Patrick uses his "finesse", but the bank opens at the same time, causing Patrick to run off. Mr. Krabs hallucinates and imagines himself on a beach with a woman made of money, only for the beach to be on fire. The money is the sucked by a vacuum cleaner, which is a dragon in Mr. Krabs' imagination. SpongeBob breaks in but takes his ski mask off. He requests a bank guard to withdraw one Mr. Krabs. The guard sees Mr. Krabs breaking the vacuum cleaner, and promptly kicks him out with SpongeBob, along with his "deposit." Mr. Krabs is angry that the bank didn't even give him his free interest, but gets another penny thrown at him, then says he doubled his money.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Unknown Track 2 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [Breaking News]
‣ Super Highway March - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [opening of new bank]
‣ Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs runs to the bank]
‣ Waikiki Dance - Lionel Wendling [customers getting free interest]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (c) - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs kicked out]
‣ Cartoon Sting 5 - Krabs with false mustache
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs kicked out again]
‣ Cartoon Sting 5 - Krabs wearing a dress
‣ Clowning Around - Barry Anthony [Penny is put in safe deposit box]
‣ Botany Bay - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Oh, penny, I'm gonna miss you."]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Oh, well, that looks secure."]
‣ Expectant Stab [#28] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [security guard locks safe deposit box]
‣ Heaveny Info - Paul Arnold, Andrew James Barnabas ["This can't be true."]
‣ The Man Who Broke the Bank at Monte Carlo - Roger Alan Wootton [Krabs dives into pile of money]
‣ Botany Bay - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krusty Krab exterior]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [Krabs' office empty]
‣ Sailor's Sting 8 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Would you pipe down?"]
‣ Adventure Fanfare 1 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [SpongeBob goes looking for Mr. Krabs]
‣ Sailor's Sting 2 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs is trapped in the bank]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["Time to rustle me up some friends!"]
‣ Disastrous Event 2 - Harry Lubin [SpongeBob talks to Pearl]
‣ Lounging and Fine Dining - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["You look absolutely stunning tonight."/"I'm fine boy! In fact, I'm dancing with a beautiful lady."/"Yes, and she's made entirely out of money."/"I'm locked in the bank vault, and having the time of me life."]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney ["I gotta save Mr. Krabs!"]
‣ ? [Krabs in money hammock]
‣ Aloha Eo - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Sun, sand and surf!"]
‣ Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob and Patrick in ski masks/Patrick throws the grappling hook up.]
‣ Danger Sign - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Not now, Patrick."]
‣ Sailor's Sting 15 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Why did I come to this uninhabitable island?"]
‣ Evil Horror - Harry Lubin [money dragon]
‣ Secret Agent SquarePants - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob and Patrick try to get in through the front door]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick runs off]
‣ Cellar Search - Philippe Pares [SpongeBob removes his ski mask]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob asks to withdraw Mr. Krabs]
‣ Sword Fight - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Krabs fighting a vacuum cleaner]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (j) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Krabs kicked out]
‣ Sailor's Sting 4 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [ending]
- This episode was released on iTunes on May 25, 2013.
- This episode is available on the Bikini Bottom's Most Wanted and The Complete Ninth Season DVDs.
- As of September 26, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 8.5/10 based on 116 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a 9.2/10 based on 16 votes.
- This was the final episode to credit Derek Iversen as a writer for the show, as he was promoted to animation writer in 2015.
- This is the first appearance of the Bank of Bikini Bottom Bank.
- This is Pearl's first appearance in Season 9.
- This is the second time Nancy Suzy Fish is seen working as a bank teller. The first was in "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy III."
- There are 32 screws on the title card.
- This is the second time SpongeBob and Patrick attempt to break into a place. The first was in "Doing Time."
- This is the second time Eugene H. Krabs dresses as a woman to get to money. The first was in "The Cent of Money." In fact, the outfit he wears is similar if not the identical to the one he wore in that episode.
- This is the third time figures on monetary objects have been able to perform fish-like activities. The first was in "Money Talks," and the second time, albeit briefly seen, was in "Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle."
- This episode first aired on Nickelodeon just right before the premiere of the television series, Sanjay and Craig.
- The Bank Manager has a similar personality and voice to the Bikini Bottom Mint tour guide, Bill. They both seem to have calm voices even when angered. Ironically, both of them work in similar lines of occupation.
- It is unknown how the vacuum cleaner ended up in the safe with Mr. Krabs.
- The vacuum cleaner seen in this episode is similar to Squidward's Vacuum Cleaner seen in the episode "Squid's Visit."
- Although Nat Peterson is seen as one of the officers that escorts Mr. Krabs out of the bank, he is later seen at night in the Krusty Krab, out of uniform, eating a Krabby Patty. This may be because the Bank of Bikini Bottom Bank closed up for the night (as Nat accidentally locked Mr. Krabs in the safe before leaving).
- Usually, in order to open a safe deposit box, one must have two keys: their own and the bank's. Nancy Suzy Fish only used one key and was never shown giving Mr. Krabs a key.
- Mr. Krabs should have stored all of his money in the bank, then he would have got double his money, and he could then take out the money right after he got the interest.
- When SpongeBob asked Patrick about having shoe laces, he said that it was the closest to him of having shoes. However, he wore shoes in "Your Shoe's Untied," which may believe that this episode took place a little before that episode or he just forgot.
- In the Hebrew version of this episode, there are no words in the title card.
- This has recently been fixed.
- This episode premiered six years after Nicktoons: Battle for Volcano Island was released in Europe and four years after SpongeBob StarPants was released.
- Mr. Krabs was running out of oxygen while in the safe, despite the fact that it was underwater and nobody breathes oxygen.
- However this could mean dissolved oxygen, which is another type of oxygen used in water.
- This episode's title is a pun of "safe deposit box."
- The "double the money" promotion in this episode is similar to what Credit card companies do to advertise their credit cards and get customers that use their credit card.
- When Mr. Krabs ran out of the Krusty Krab to get to the Bank of Bikini Bottom Bank, in that shot, the road that leads to the Chum Bucket is not there. The Chum Bucket itself isn't even there.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick are at the door, and Patrick is attempting to pick open the locks of the bank doors, the horizon is still night dark. Yet when the bank manager changes the "Closed" sign to "Open" and opens the doors, it immediately turns to morning.
- It is unknown as to how the bank manager knew SpongeBob's last name. SpongeBob never told him.