- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Gary the Snail
- Little Ugly Mollusk (mentioned)
- Patrick Star
- Commercial Voice-Over
- Frankie Billy
- Harold "Bill" Reginald (name revealed)
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Nat Peterson
- Dream Nat
- Tina Fran
- Dream Tina Fran
- Dream Martin
- One of the Dream Nerds (light green)
- Monster Dream Nerd (debut)
- Dream Gus
- Monster Dream Gus (debut)
- Dream Gus
- Dream Snake (debut)
- Grim Reaper (debut)
- Grave Digger (debut)
- Monroe Timmy
- Taylor Fishbowl
- Nathiel Waters
- Frank the Lifeguard
- Norma Rechid
- Jimmy Gus
- Susie Rechid
- Miss Rechid
- Frank the Red Shirt Wearing Fish
- Abigail Marge
- Glovey Glove (debut)
- Baby Rider (debut)
- Old Man Jenkins
- Larry the Lobster
- Alternate-Universe Patrick
- One of the Nerds (light green)
- Glove World! Employee (debut)
- Ride Voice
SpongeBob is telling Gary a bedtime story, but Patrick holding a small TV, trespasses into SpongeBob's pineapple and shows him an important commercial for Glove World!'s new scary rollercoaster called the "Fiery Fist O' Pain." They plan to go on it at Glove World! the next day, which is the first day it opens.That night, SpongeBob has a nightmare that they both go on the ride and fall into their graves. SpongeBob wakes up shrieking that he does not want to go on the Fiery Fist O' Pain. The next day, Patrick breaks into SpongeBob's bedroom strangely after having the same nightmare at the same time, but they decide not to tell each other. The bus then comes, and they go to Glove World!. They realize that it is a long line to the new ride, so they decide to start going on the ride for toddlers called "The Mitten" which they are scared of, annoying the toddler who is on the ride with them. Just then, they see Larry, who went on the ride. SpongeBob says that he did not go on the ride because he was hungry along with Patrick.
Soon, they eat ice cream. Patrick has to use the bathroom and argues with his reflection in the mirror while SpongeBob and his ice cream get into an argument. Patrick and SpongeBob want to tell to each other, but Glove World! will close in five minutes. Hearing that, they finally go on the Fiery Fist O' Pain, but as they are ready the ride brakes and they finally admit to each other that they were actually afraid to go on. Then the ride gets fixed, and they ride the rollercoaster. They lose their spines at the end of the ride and choose to go again anyway, having faced their fears.
There may have originally been a scene planned where SpongeBob and Patrick were going to print the tickets online. However, in the commentary this information came from, the commentators laughed about this, meaning it might have been a joke.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Clownfish Capers - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Lynda's Music Box - Peter Dennis [SpongeBob reading a bedtime story]
‣ Target - Hans Ehrlinger [Fiery Fist O' Pain commercial]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob goes to bed]
‣ Solo Steel 4 - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob talking in sleep]
‣ The Man Who Broke the Bank at Monte Carlo - Roy Alan Wootton [start of SpongeBob's dream]
‣ The Beast Within - Paddy Kingsland ["Excuse me, which way to the Fist O' Pain?"]
‣ Rescue - Cecil Milner ["In the name of amusement, no!"]
‣ Horror Chords (b) - Paddy Kingsland [SpongeBob wakes up]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [the next morning]
‣ Abject Terror - Paul Lewis [SpongeBob screams]
‣ Seaweed - Steve Belfer ["I had a bad dream last night."]
‣ Cream Pie - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob, Patrick get on the bus]
‣ Abject Terror - Paul Lewis [SpongeBob and Patrick scared]
‣ Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer [bus arrives at Glove World!]
‣ The August Waltz (a) - Andy Vale [ticket stand]
‣ Hawaiian Link (a) - Richard Myhill ["Here's your tickets!"]
‣ Dombummel - Gerhard Trede ["It sure was lucky we found our tickets."]
‣ Drama Link (b) - Hubert Clifford [Patrick screams]
‣ Ulk-Fox Nr. 2 - Gerhard Trede [Glovey Glove]
‣ Roll Up Waltz [#11.02] - Andrew J J Hall [The Mitten]
‣ Steel Sting (i) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob, Patrick whimpering after getting off the ride]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor F. Narholz [people riding the Fist O' Pain]
‣ The August Waltz (a) - Andy Vale [SpongeBob and Patrick waiting in line]
‣ Gator - Steve Belfer ["One more time!"]
‣ Beach Party - Harry Bluestone [Larry appears]
‣ Fair Ride - Judith Leonie Cann [SpongeBob and Patrick eating ice cream]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor F. Narholz [people riding Fist O' Pain]
‣ Merry-Go-Round - Alan Hawkshaw [SpongeBob talking to his ice cream cone]
‣ Caliope Carousel - Roger Roger [Patrick talking to his reflection]
‣ Dramatic Impact 3 - Ivor Slaney [SpongeBob and Patrick hear that Glove World! will be closing in five minutes]
‣ Rifleman Fiferman (a) - Andy Vale [warning sign]
‣ Steel Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob signs a waiver]
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield ["Well, nice knowing you."]
‣ Unknown Track 40 - Nicolas Carr ["We're brave!"]
‣ Roll Up Waltz [#11.04] - Andrew J J Hall [SpongeBob and Patrick confess to each other]
‣ Mavericks - The Woodies [SpongeBob and Patrick ride the Fist O' Pain]
‣ Trapeze [#12.02] - Andrew J J Hall [ride is over]
‣ Carnival at the Fair - W. Merrick Farran ["We did it!"]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Hawaiian sting at end]
*In current American TV reruns, "Monster Wave" by Nicolas Carr, Fabian Fernandez, and James King plays here instead.
- This episode is available on the Bikini Bottom Adventures, Season 5 Volume 1, Complete Fifth Season, 10 Happiest Moments, Glove World Forever!, and First 100 Episodes DVDs.
- As of January 27, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 8.0/10 based on 146 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a 8.5/10 based on 120 votes.
- The Fiery Fist O' Pain was new in this episode, but it was seen in "Rock Bottom."
- That could mean that this episode possibly took place before "Rock Bottom."
- The sign about the ride on the "Fiery Fist O' Pain" says it may cause:
- Projectile vomiting
- Spine loss
- Embarrassing accidents
- Uncontrollable gas
- Explosive diarrhea
- This is the second time Glove World! is seen, however, this is the first time the inside of it is shown.
- Glove World! first appeared at the beginning of "Rock Bottom."
- This is the second time Patrick has a talking reflection.
- The first time was in "Rule of Dumb."
- This is the 25th episode appearance of Lloyd-Rich and Harry.
- In Bahasa Indonesia, SpongeBob says "heart attack" instead of "spine loss," and "frightened" instead of "projectile vomiting."
- In The Ultimate SpongeBob SpongeBash marathon, Miranda Cosgrove rated this as her favorite SpongeBob episode.
- This is Larry's only appearance in Season 5.
- There is a LEGO set based somewhat on this episode - Glove World (3816).
- Evidence that the set is based off this episode is that the Ice Cream clerk in the set is wearing exactly what Nat Peterson wore when he accepted their tickets.
- Also, Patrick is wearing the same bib and is messy as a figure in this set.
- The Ferris Wheel and Sandy are not seen in this episode.
- Nat was also a different color than the one in the set.
- This episode proves that Patrick has a rivalry with Alternate-Universe Patrick.
- This episode is similar to Nickelodeon's CatDog episode "Remain Seated." Interesting enough, Steven Banks wrote that and a part of this episode possibly coincidental.
- The emergency broadcast could be a reference to the Emergency Broadcast System (EBS) in 1963 until 1997 with the update to the Emergency Alert System.
- In SpongeBob's nightmare, the roller coaster sequence is similar to the deaths from New Line Cinema's Final Destination 3.
- During the emergency broadcast, Harold is on the ride with Nancy Suzy Fish.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick try to go on the ride before the bathroom scene, Harold works for Glove World!
- Briefly while SpongeBob and Patrick run happily after going on the Fiery Fist O' Pain, SpongeBob is shown with no nose, specifically when SpongeBob is looking straight at the audience.
- When Patrick shows SpongeBob the emergency broadcast, Patrick breaks an exterior wall of SpongeBob's house. However, when he goes to sleep, it is mysteriously fixed.
- When SpongeBob wakes up in terror, his shirt is brown.
- When Harold first wheels Old Man Jenkins out of the Fiery Fist O' Pain, his fin is missing.
- Even though it is the first day of the ride, Taylor already knows about someone's spine falling out on the ride.
- When the shot through the camera is first shown, in the background there are two of the three fish shown appear to look like Martin and Shelly, respectively and the shot is in front of a rollercoaster, but in the second shot through the camera, the two fish look different, and there is a fence in front of the rollercoaster. When the photo is shown, there is no fence.
- SpongeBob is a sea sponge (hence the name), so he should not have a spine.
- Likewise applies to Patrick.
- In this episode, SpongeBob has a vertebrae. However, in "Squirrel Jokes," it is said that sponges do not have a vertebrae.
- At the end, SpongeBob and Patrick are about to go again. However, their ride was the last ride of the day.