Roller Cowards" is a episode from SpongeBob SquarePants season five. In this episode, SpongeBob and Patrick are afraid to go on a new roller coaster.
SpongeBob is telling Gary a bedtime story, but Patrick holding a small TV trespasses into SpongeBob's house and shows him an important commercial for Glove World's new scary rollercoaster called "
The Fiery Fist O' Pain." They plan to go on it at Glove World the next day.
That night, SpongeBob has a nightmare that he and Patrick go on the ride and fall into their graves. SpongeBob wakes up and he said that he doesn't want to go on the Fiery Fist O' Pain.
The next day, Patrick breaks into SpongeBob's bedroom strangely after having the same nightmare at the same time but they decide not to tell each other. The bus then came and they went to Glove World.
They realized that it's a long line to the new so they decide to start going on the ride for toddlers called "The Mitten" which they're scared of because of the small lump annoying the toddler who's on the ride with them.
Just then, they saw Larry that went on the ride. SpongeBob said that he didn't go on the ride because he was hungry along with Patrick!
Soon, they eat Ice Cream. Patrick has to use the bathroom and argues with the Reflection in the mirror while SpongeBob and Ice Cream got into an argument. Patrick and SpongeBob want to tell to each other, but Glove World will close in 5 minutes. Hearing about that, they finally go on...the Fiery Fist O' Pain, but it's not working they tell each other about the nightmares. Actually, the ride was fixed and they lose their spines at the end of the ride and chose to go again anyway.
( Associated production music ‣ )
( Original music • )
( SpongeBob music ◦ )
• Hawaiian Trax - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Lynda's Music Box - Peter Dennis [SpongeBob reading a bedtime story]
‣ Target - Hans Ehrlinger [Fiery Fist O' Pain commercial]
• Hawaiian Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob goes to bed]
‣ Hawaiian Sting 9 - George de Fretes [SpongeBob talking in sleep]
‣ Man Who Broke Bank at Monte Carlo - Fred Gilbert, Roy Alan Wootton [start of SpongeBob's dream]
‣ The Beast Within - Paddy Kingsland ["Excuse me, which way to the Fist O' Pain?"]
‣ Rescue - Cecil Milner ["In the name of amusement, no!"]
‣ Horror Chords (b) - Paddy Kingsland [SpongeBob wakes up]
‣ Tympup B - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy [the next morning]
• Hawaiian Sting - Nicolas Carr [the next morning]
‣ Abject Terror - Paul Lewis [SpongeBob screams]
‣ Seaweed - Steve Belfer ["I had a bad dream last night."]
‣ Cream Pie - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob, Patrick get on the bus]
‣ Abject Terror - Paul Lewis [SpongeBob and Patrick scared]
‣ Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer [bus arrives at Glove World]
‣ The August Waltz (a) - Andy Vale [ticket stand]
‣ Hawaiian Link (a) - Richard Myhill ["Here's your tickets!"]
‣ Dombummel - Gerhard Trede ["It sure was lucky we found our tickets."]
‣ Drama Link (b) - Hubert Clifford [Patrick screams]
‣ Ulk-Fox Nr.2 - Gerhard Trede [Glovey Glove]
‣ Roll Up Waltz (b) - Andrew J J Hall [The Mitten]
‣ Steel Link (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob, Patrick whimpering after getting off the ride]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor F. Narholz [people riding the Fist O' Pain]
‣ The August Waltz (a) - Andy Vale [SpongeBob and Patrick waiting in line]
‣ Gator - Steve Belfer ["One more time!"]
‣ Beach Party - Harry Bluestone [Larry appears]
‣ Fair Ride - Judith Leonie Cann [SpongeBob and Patrick eating ice cream]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor F. Narholz [people riding Fist O' Pain]
‣ Merry-Go-Round - Alan Hawkshaw [SpongeBob talking to his ice cream cone]
‣ Caliope Carousel - Roger Roger [Patrick talking to his reflection]
‣ Dramatic Impact 3 - Ivor Slaney ["Five minutes?!"]
‣ Rifleman Fiferman (a) - Andy Vale [warning sign]
‣ Steel Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob signs a waiver]
• Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield ["Well, nice knowing you."]
? ‣ ["We're brave!"]
‣ Roll Up Waltz (d) - Andrew J J Hall [SpongeBob and Patrick confess to each other]
‣ Mavericks - The Woodies* [SpongeBob and Patrick ride the Fist O' Pain]
‣ Trapeze (b) - Andrew J J Hall [ride is over]
‣ Carnival at the Fair - W. Merrick Farran ["We did it!"]
? - Nicolas Carr • [Hawaiian sting at end]
*In some airings, "Monster Wave" by Nicolas Carr, Fabian Fernandez, and James King plays here instead.
This is the second time Glove World is seen, however, this is the first time the inside of it is shown.
Glove World first appeared at the beginning of " Rock Bottom."
The ride on the " Fiery Fist O' Pain" may cause:
In the SpongeBob SpongeBash marathon, Miranda Cosgrove rated this her favorite SpongeBob episode.
In Bahasa Indonesia, SpongeBob said "heart attack" instead of "spine loss," and "frightened" instead of "projectile vomiting."
The Fiery Fist O' Pain was new in this episode but it was in " Rock Bottom."
However, this might be a likely paradox.
There is a LEGO set based somewhat on this episode - Glove World (3816).
Evidence that the set is based off this episode is that the Ice Cream clerk in the set is wearing exactly what Nat Peterson wore when he accepted their tickets.
Also, Patrick is wearing the same bib and is messy as a figure in this set.
The Ferris Wheel and Sandy was not seen in this episode.
Nat was also a different color than the one in the set.
SpongeBob is a sea sponge (hence the name), so he shouldn't have a spine.
This is the second time Patrick has a talking reflection.
This episode is similar to Nickelodeon's CatDog episode " Remain Seated."
In SpongeBob's nightmare, the roller coaster sequence is similar to the deaths from New Line Cinema's Final Destination 3.
The emergency broadcast could be a reference to the Emergency Broadcast System (EBS) in 1963 till 1997 with the update to the Emergency Alert System
Errors When Harold first wheels Old Man Jenkins out of the Fiery Fist O' Pain, his fin was missing in that shot.
During the emergency broadcast (Commercial,) Harold is on the ride.
When SpongeBob and Patrick try to go on the ride before the bathroom scene, Harold works for Glove World.
When SpongeBob wakes up in terror, his shirt is brown.
At the end, SpongeBob and Patrick were about to go again.
Their ride was the last ride of the day.
In this episode, SpongeBob has a vertebrae.
When Patrick shows SpongeBob the emergency broadcast (Commercial,) he breaks a wall on SpongeBob's house.
When he goes to sleep, it's fixed.