- French Narrator
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Starfish on the cover of How to Open Things
- Sandy Cheeks
- Randy Cheeks (mentioned)
- Men in the rodeo pictures
- Horses in the rodeo pictures
- Cows in the rodeo pictures
- Singing Cows (debut)
- Horses in Sandy's song
- Rodeo Clown (mentioned)
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Squidward Tentacles
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Gary the Snail
- Nat Peterson
- Harold "Bill" Reginald
- Abigail Marge
- Frank (red shirt)
- Frankie Billy
- Jimmy Gus
- Medley Fishbowl
- Tina Fran
- Bullfrog (debut)
- People at the rodeo
- Frank the Goldfish (cameo)
- Shelly Fishbowl
SynopsisIt starts in a plain where the narrator is trying to find someone, then he sees SpongeBob, who is having a staring contest with Patrick. SpongeBob tells Patrick he is a great starer, to which Patrick responds, "I thought we were having a blinking contest and I was losing." A bottle then falls from above and gets stuck in SpongeBob's forehead. It is addressed to Sandy, so they go to her house, but SpongeBob can't get Sandy's door open, so Patrick gets out a book titled, How to Open Things. He looks through it and finds Sandy's door. It says to open to the left. SpongeBob says he was opening to the right. Patrick goes to open the door but then Sandy karate-chops it open, and starts hitting SpongeBob and Patrick until her chops knock the letter out of the bottle.
Sandy reads the letter and says it is from her twin brother, Randy and that the rodeo is in town and she has to go to Texas to defend her title. SpongeBob asks, "Your title for what?" Sandy asks if he has cotton in his ears. Patrick states that it is actually an old moldy piece of a Krabby Patty which he then eats. They then start guessing what her title was for, like: "Jellyfishing," "Kah-rah-tay," "The science fair." She responds "no" to all of these and tells them it is the rodeo. SpongeBob asks what a rodeo is, and then Sandy breaks into a song explaining it.
As she sings, SpongeBob and Patrick thought it was dangerous to fight that rodeo. She ends by telling them about rodeo clowns that make you laugh when you're feeling sad, and SpongeBob is horrified by this. SpongeBob tries to stop her from dangerous rodeos, but Sandy must go. Sandy's suit transforms into a rocket somehow, and she goes to Texas. SpongeBob talks to Patrick about how they can't let her go alone, but Patrick was playing another annoying game. SpongeBob then tells Patrick that she will find out she really needs them, but Patrick ran saying "NO MORE TIGHT JEANS!"
SpongeBob tries to tell everyone that they must help her, but they refuse, so he captures them in Superb Bubbles while they're sleeping. When they wake up, they're in SpongeBob's house. Squidward gets upset and walks out the door, but falls as the pineapple is in a bubble. Everyone else walks out too and falls. They arrive in Texas to see Sandy riding a bullfrog. SpongeBob says hi to her, and she falls off losing the rodeo. The bullfrog jumps at the bubble and it pops, then Sandy has to save SpongeBob from the frog. Although Sandy does so, she is also extremely angry at SpongeBob for ruining her winning streak and tells him to leave the rodeo to her next time, with SpongeBob replying, "Aw, nuts!"
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Rodeo Daze - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Nautical Trilogy - Robert Farnon [pan over ocean floor]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford [narrator screams]
‣ Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [staring contest]
‣ Unknown Track 33 - "Hark, Patrick, do you hear something?"
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [letter for Sandy]
‣ Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [How To Open Things]
‣ Retro Cool 03 095 D - Steve Sechi ["Trying a ninja sneak attack?"]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Patrick lands on SpongeBob]
‣ Down in Davy Jones' Locker - Nicolas Carr ["Do you mind?"]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield ["Get out of my suit!"]
‣ Tiki Rapido - Lionel Wendling [Sandy reads the letter]
‣ Unknown Hawaiian Sting (f) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Is your championship title for jellyfishing?"]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Ro-de-o?"]
• That's a Rodeo - Steven Banks, Luke Brookshier, Eban Schletter
‣ Open Prairie - Larry Hochman [Sandy's suit turns into a rocket]
‣ Befuddled Gent - Phil Green ["I'm in-diff-er-ent."]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["Patrick?"]
‣ Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick running away]
‣ Sailor's Sting 14 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Unknown Track 55 - "I need to find someone with compassion."
‣ Murder in Mind [#47] - Ronald Hanmer ["Oh, Squidward, Sandy is in terrible trouble!"]
‣ Cocksure Capers - Phil Green [Squidward climbs through his back window]
‣ Cartoon Sting 1 - Plankton taking a bomb to the Krusty Krab
‣ Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob packing his clothes]
‣ Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob blows a bubble]
‣ Queen's Aloha Oe (c) - Kapono Beamer, Queen Lili'uokalani [SpongeBob capturing everyone inside bubbles]
‣ Editor's Falling Over (b) - Dick Stephen Walter [everyone wakes up]
‣ Drama Link (b) - Hubert Clifford ["Sandy's in trouble, and I need all of your help to save her."]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob's house inside a giant bubble]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [everyone tries to leave]
‣ Rodeo Rascals - Barry Anthony [ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob's Frozen Face-Off (UK version only) and Complete Seventh Season DVDs.
- As of August 19, 2016, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 6.7/10 based on 78 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a 8.2/10 based on 112 votes.
- On the March 22, 2010 airing of this episode, "Summer Job" was supposed to air after "A Day Without Tears," but they aired this episode instead.
- This is the third episode that has to do with stereotypical western culture. The first episode is "Texas," and the second is "Pest of the West."
- When the bubble was popped in the middle of the rodeo by the bullfrog, the live-action version of Sandy and Mr. Krabs are seen for the second time, and SpongeBob and Patrick for the third.
- SpongeBob was shown as a kitchen sponge, Patrick was shown as a real starfish, Mr. Krabs as a real crab, Sandy as a real squirrel, Gary as a real land snail, and the Bikini Bottomites as several types of different fish.
- Patrick's book, How to Open Things, was said to be a film. Patrick told SpongeBob he hasn't seen the movie, while SpongeBob has seen the movie, and not read the book.
- This episode reveals that Sandy has a twin brother named "Randy."
- This is the second time the group were shown as live action figures, the first was "Pressure."
- This is the second time a real snail appeared in the show, the first was "Dumped."
- There are two scenes in this episode that feature photos of real animals. The first was when Sandy is singing about rodeos and cows are singing along with her. The second was when everyone arrives in Texas.
- This is the fifth time SpongeBob says addresses Gary as "Gary the Snail." The previous ones were "Dumped," "Gary Takes a Bath," "Fungus Among Us," and "Truth or Square."
- This is the first time Gary is seen on land.
- This is the third time Mr. Krabs is seen as a real crab. The first was in "Pressure" and the second time was in "Wishing You Well."
- This episode premiered eight years after Revenge of the Flying Dutchman was released on Game Boy Advance in the USA.
- This episode premiered in Japan five years after The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie was released in the Philippines.
- This episode aired in Canada on June 3, 2013 due to an error where the episodes "Gramma's Secret Recipe" and "The Cent of Money" played instead. That error was later fixed.
- This is the first, and so far, only episode to use an iris out.
- This is the second time a house is seen floating inside a bubble. The first was in "Bubblestand."
- Bullfrog-riding is an obvious parody of bull-riding, a common event at rodeos.
- The music "That's a Rodeo" incorporates elements from old west music style and the chorus seems heavily influenced by Disney's Pecos Bill.
- When Squidward is walking to get out of SpongeBob's House in the bubble, he has his pajamas on but when he falls in the bubble, he has his typical clothes on.
- He may have changed out of them.
- When the bullfrog is going to hit SpongeBob and the others, Gary is not in the bubble.
- Patrick tells SpongeBob to twist the door to the left, and the latter said he was twisting to the right. However, he actually did twist to the left and it didn't open.
- When SpongeBob was blowing a super bubble at Squidward's house, his right window was open, but in a few scenes later, his right window is closed.
- When Mr. Krabs was in SpongeBob's house, he had his night gown on but when he fell in the bubble, he had his normal clothes on.
- He also may have changed out of his night gown.
- During the song "That's a Rodeo," at one point Sandy plays SpongeBob like a guitar, but it happens during a violin solo that happens before the guitar solo.
- During the Rodeo song, the subtitles mistakenly say that one of the lines is "aluminum siding", when the actual line is "lune upsiding". The same error occurs in the closed captions for Nickelodeon UK's upload of the song to youtube.
- Gary is among the people leaving SpongeBob's house even though he actually lives there.
- SpongeBob and all the sea creatures couldn’t breathe in Texas, but somehow they continue their lives normally.