A robot is a mechanical or virtual artificial agent, usually an electro-mechanical machine that is guided by a computer program or electronic circuitry. Robots can be autonomous or semi-autonomous and range from humanoids to industrial robots, collectively programmed swarm robots, and even microscopic nano robots. By mimicking a lifelike appearance or automating movements, a robot may convey a sense of intelligence or thought of its own.
In the SpongeBob SquarePants universe, robots are used in several plotlots and also play an important role in the Battle for Bikini Bottom video game, and made a small cameo as garbage in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie (video game).
Robots in the (series/movies/games/rides)
- Robot Krabs ("Imitation Krabs")
- Sir Pinch-a-Lot ("Sponge Out of Water")
- Robot Game Show Host ("Imitation Krabs")
- Robot SpongeBob ("Welcome to the Chum Bucket")
- Captain of the Sea Ship Atlantis
- Atlantean Robots
- Command Module
- Crawly Clown
- SpongeBot SteelPants ("Battle for Bikini Bottom")
- Sandy's Robots
- Sandy's Robot
- Pat-Bot 3000
This list is incomplete, but you can help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
Battle for Bikini Bottom
- Fodder: The most common robot in the game, Fodders attack the game's protagonists (SpongeBob, Patrick, and/or Sandy) with an electrified rod. Fodders are some of the least dangerous robots in the game, as they are easy to kill.
- Ham-mer: A somewhat large robot with a hammer for an arm, the blunt end being made of ham, ma joke on its namesake (SpongeBob gets the joke, but Patrick does not.) Ham-mers are also fairly common enemies.
- Tar-Tar: Ace strapped to its back with a hose they use to shoot tartar sauce at enemies.
- G-love: A purple and green frizbee-shaped robot that floats in midair, and has many hands attached to it that it uses to slap the player.
- Monsoon: A flying robot with a red and white parasol attached to it. This robot creates miniature storm clouds that fire lightning bolts.
- Chuck: A flying robot that launches nuclear warheads at the player.
- Bomb-Bot: A small, bomb-shaped robot that follows the player around and explodes. These robots are also fairly easy to kill.
- Chomp-Bot: A dog-like robot that bites the player and launches pungeant noxious gasses from its mouth.
- Sleepytime: A sleepwalking robot that shines a light around itself and plasts anything that gets under said light with a laser.
- Slick: A towering robot that launches blobs of oil at the player and protects itself by surrounding itself in an oily bubble.
- Arf: A cowboy-like robot that holds a doghouse and unleashes Arf-Dawgs from it at the player.
- Arf-Dawg: Small, dog-like robots (not to be confused with the Chomp-Bot) that come from doghouses carried by an Arf that explode after a few seconds.
- Tubelet: Inner-tube wearing robots that always come in threes, one hovering above the other, the bottom one spitting fire from its inner tube at the player.
- Bzzt-Bot: A small, cycloptic robot that fires an optical beam at the player.
- Robo-Sandy (Robo-Boss #1): A giant robot version of Sandy that is fought by SpongeBob and Patrick in the Poseidome. Its main attack, lunging at the player, leaves it open for attack. It is the first robotic boss encountered in the game, and the second overall (the first boss being King Jellyfish.)
- Robo-Patrick (Robo-Boss #2): A boss that SpongeBob and Sandy encounter in the Industrial Park, this boss is a giant mechanical version of Patrick that has a self-destruct button on its back and carries around an acidic ice cream cone. Its main attack (spinning around vehemently while spilling acidic ice cream everywhere) leaves it vulnerable.
- Robo-SpongeBob (Robo-Boss #3): The penultimate boss in the game, fought by SpongeBob at the Chum Bucket. Robo-SpongeBob wears karate gear similar to SpongeBob's in the first portion of the level, while in the second, its helmet and arms fall off, and its arms are replaced with Anchor Arms. Its main attack (launching a karate chop at the player) leaves it vulnerable).
- Robo-Plankton (Final Robo-Boss/Final Boss): The final boss of the game, Robo-Plankton rides around on a floating, bucket-shaped chariot that shoots lasers. SpongeBob fights it throughout his battle with Robo-SpongeBob in the first portion of the Chum Bucket, and fights him directly in the second portion (which takes place inside Robo-SpongeBob's body)
- Robo-Squidward (Beta/GBA Boss): Appears exclusively in the GBA version of Battle for Bikini Bottom, as well as in Truth or Square.