This article is a transcript of the SpongeBob SquarePants episode "Rise and Shine" from season five, which aired on February 19, 2007.
- [The big foghorn alarm wakes up SpongeBob]
- SpongeBob: Good...morning, Gary!
- Gary: Meow.
- SpongeBob: Say, Gary, do you ever wonder what Patrick's mornings are like?
- Patrick: [cut to Patrick sleeping on his recliner. The alarm goes off and he panics] Huh? What? Huh? No! [screaming] What's making that noise? Hu-huh? [squints his eyes to see the alarm] Oh. [laughs with relief] It's you again. [alarm keeps ringing] Okay, joke's over. [still ringing] Alright, you got me. Now cut it out. [still ringing] That's it! [grunts with exertion at the lamp] Stop your ringing, mister! I'm warning you. Stop it! I said quit it! [breaks the lamp in half but he can still hear the ringing] Where's it coming from? Make it stop. [alarm rings its way over to Patrick] You've got to help me find out where that ringing is coming from. [alarm rings its way back over to the other side] Hey, come back! Oh, fine. I'll ask someone who cares. [takes off his underwear,and therefore, is naked, then puts it on a pillow, and draws SpongeBob's face on it] SpongeBob, where's that ringing coming from? [pillow falls over on the alarm to where you can hear a rumble. Patrick's stomach grumbles] Breakfast! [cut to Patrick in front of the pantry] Come to Patrick! [opens up the cabinet and all the cans fall out] Tartar sauce. I'm out of food again. All I have is these lousy cans with pictures of food on them. I wanted real food not pictures! [sloshing the can] Oh. The food is in the can. Okay, come on out. Come on. Oh, yeah. [gets a plate and puts it on the counter] Okay, breakfast, get on the plate. Come on. Nice, comfy plate just for you. Come on, get on there. Hello? Anybody in there? [dial tone] No answer. I'm coming to rescue you. [bangs head on the can a few times] Having a little trouble reaching you. [cuckooing] You stupid cans. [throws the can away but the can hits the alarm, making it stop, and breaks in half] Oh. Food. Ah, my favorite time of the day. Breakfast and a little morning television. [turns on TV]
- Announcer: And now, live from Bikini Bottom, it's "Bikini Bottom Live". [Patrick eats all the food in one spoonful. Then sticks out his tongue to reveal the alarm still ringing]
- Patrick: Oh my gosh. [sticks his tongue back in his mouth and swallows the clock] I'm late, I'm late, I'm late! [Starts running] I gotta put on my teeth and brush my pants! [trips over the broken lamp, tripping down the stairs and over Gary] Gary? [flies through his drawers, coming out the other side with his pants on] [pants then fly through the bathroom, coming out with a toothbrush] A clean mouth is a happy mouth. [the toothpaste flies off the toothbrush] Done. [Patrick bounces off the side, onto the roof, the bathtub, and out of his rock where SpongeBob is waiting]
- SpongeBob: Hey, Patrick, how was your morning?
- Patrick: Oh, you know, usual.