Pretty Patties are colored Krabby Patties that appear in the episode Patty Hype. Invented by SpongeBob, they are basically Krabby Patties, but in assorted colors. They were loved by all of Bikini Bottom until the colored patties turned their tongues into an assortment of colors, and even making one of the citizens' tongue glow in the dark by itself. Everyone hated them afterward.
The venue in which Pretty Patties were sold was a stand created by SpongeBob and Patrick. There was a stand to sell the patties, and right next to it was a stand that gave money away to customers. The stand was colored yellow and blue. The stand was later taken over by Mr. Krabs, and the Krusty Krab key was given to SpongeBob. After the episode, the stand no longer existed.
The Pretty Patties come in 21 known colors:
- Dark green
- A dark shade of brown
- A dull blue-gray
- Yellow with Green Spots (possibly early sponge-patty)
- Glow in the Dark
- Rainbow (all the colors in up and down stripes)
- Green with black and purple stripes
- Animal Print
- When SpongeBob revealed the Pretty Patties to Squidward and Mr. Krabs, he says, "Available in 6 designer colors." However, they are seen in approximately 21 different colors. He might've added colors as they got more popular.
- The first Pretty Patties customer was Harold.
- SpongeBob and Patrick were so kind, but not so smart, that they just gave them to an orphanage, criminals from jail, and everyday people. No one knows if SpongeBob and Patrick gave it to the customers again to get free food and get their money back or more, maybe that's attracting them or the food, no one knows the thing that made everyone have new colors, including that glow in the dark.
- When Harold took out a purple Pretty Patty, it was blue from the sighting at the Krusty Krab. In the mobile version of Patty Hype, it was fully blue.
- When the man with glow in the dark tongue turned out the light, no one knows where the light switch came from.
- The last Pretty Patties customer was the man with the glow-in-the-dark tongue.
- SpongeBob might have been hinting that he painted the Pretty Patties, because when he first introduced them, the patties were displayed on a paint palette.
- If Pretty Patties utilized the same recipe for Krabby Patties, SpongeBob would owe Mr. Krabs royalties.
- Pretty Patties strikingly resemble macrons.