"Plankton Gets the Boot" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season ten. In this episode, Karen does not want Plankton to stay at the Chum Bucket anymore, leaving it up to SpongeBob to teach Plankton how to make it up to her.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Shelby Nautica (debut)
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Karen Plankton
- French Narrator
- Patrick Star
- Eugene H. Krabs (cameo)
- Medley Fishbowl
- The Analyzer (debut)
- Mermaid Man (action figure)
- Kelpy (on Kelpo box)
- The Flying Dutchman (cameo on board game box)
- Dirty Bubble (cameo on paddleball set box)
At the Chum Bucket, Plankton is making his final touches to the Analyzer. Karen tells him about her new screensaver, but Plankton ignores and then disagrees with her screensaver. He accidentally gets sucked up by the Analyzer, and then is shown to be "100% big jerk" by the machine. The Analyzer also praises Karen's new screensaver. Annoyed by the machine, Plankton destroys it. Karen gets so fed up with her husband for not talking appropriately to her that she kicks him out of the Chum Bucket, as well as shutting the doors completely to him.
Plankton visits Mr. Krabs' house, only for his house's door to be closed. Plankton then suddenly meets SpongeBob. The latter invites the former to stay with him, but Plankton doesn't want to, though he soon reluctantly agrees after knowing that he needs a place to stay. SpongeBob is happy to see that Plankton can stay at his house, and watches a romantic movie. Plankton then looks at his portrait of Karen and him, which makes him feel sad. SpongeBob tells him that everything will be alright, and calmly talks to Plankton about his issues. Plankton admits he is a mean person and wants to change.
Outside SpongeBob's house, Plankton tries to do a good deed to Patrick to open the door for him, but backfires because he is too small to reach the normal-sized door's doorknob and that Patrick is too large to fit into the tiny door that Plankton is able to open by himself. Plankton gets angry that Patrick cannot fit through the tiny door, so SpongeBob tells Plankton to try something else.
Back in SpongeBob's house SpongeBob tells Plankton to say something nice, since it appears difficult for him to do something nice, due to size limitations. It backfires when Patrick admires Plankton's antennae, interpreting that "mocking" about his antennae was insulting.
Back outside, SpongeBob tells Plankton about "working on his terrible outsides," since Plankton has typical bad characteristics that he cannot change from the inside. SpongeBob tries making makeovers for him, but doesn't like the idea of it. Plankton then suggests the idea of SpongeBob to disguise as a robot.
With SpongeBob disguised as a robot, disguised with the name "Shelby Nautica," Plankton and SpongeBob step into the Chum Bucket. Karen greets them in, and finds that Plankton is in the Chum Bucket. Plankton tells her that Shelby Nautica is her robot date, and wants a nice table. Karen analyzes Shelby Nautica and she detects that it's SpongeBob. Pretending to ignore that Shelby Nautica is a disguise, she gives Plankton a bucket of chum and Shelby Nautica a "bucket of grease, chopped up full of nuts and bolts." SpongeBob refuses to eat, but does so anyway to avoid disguise reveal. Plankton then pretends to romantically love Shelby Nautica.
Karen tells Plankton that Shelby Nautica is his, which then SpongeBob is joyful to the fact that Karen no longer loves Plankton. Plankton then angrily tells SpongeBob that his goal was to get Karen to still love him. Karen apologizes to Plankton about her angry attitudes, and allowed him to kiss her. She turns on the same screensaver as previously seen, and Plankton is disgusted by it, calling it a "fat screensaver." Karen gets angry at Plankton again for talking inappropriately to her and kicks Plankton out of the Chum Bucket again.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Chum Bucket Rhumba - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card.]
‣ Wooden Bear - Gil Flat, Tony Tape, Florian Voeixen [Opening.]
‣ Unknown Track 38 - Karen's new screen saver.
‣ Mechanised World - Phil Green [Plankton gets sucked into the analyzer.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [Analyzer spits Plankton out.]
‣ Unknown Track 38 - "It is most beautiful."
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (f) - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton smashes the analyzer.]
‣ Slippery Sid - Roger Roger ["I was just trying to make myself pretty for you, but do you even care?"]
‣ The Jitters - Raymond Jones [Karen gets angry.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [Karen kicks Plankton out of the Chum Bucket.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Come on, sugar lips."]
‣ Cartoon Sting 5 - Karen doesn't let Plankton enter into the Chum Bucket.
‣ The Fruitcake Vendor - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Plankton exits SpongeBob's bathroom.]
‣ Show Fanfare 1 - David Lindup ["YEAH!"]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield ["We're gonna be the best roommates ever!"]
‣ Unknown Track 19 - SpongeBob and Plankton watching TV.
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [Plankton cries.]
‣ Hawaiian Breeze - Jon Jelmer [Plankton asks SpongeBob to help him to be a nice person.]
‣ Unknown Track 2 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob teaching Plankton to hold the door open for someone.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [Closeup of Patrick's face.]
‣ Cartoon Sting 4 - Plankton tries to say something nice to Patrick.
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (p) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I'll never get Karen back now."]
‣ ? ["Makeover time!"]
‣ Saucy Organ - Ernst Lindemann [SpongeBob giving Plankton a makeover.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (i) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Forget it, SpongeBob. Karen is the perfect woman."]
‣ Unknown Track 38 - "Show Karen your heart."
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["That's a great idea!"]
‣ Increase (b) - Dick De Benedictis ["I'll cook up a scheme to make her jealous and crush her spirit!"]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene.]
‣ The Donut Dilemma - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob disguised as a robot.]
‣ A Fishy Conversation - Barry Anthony [Plankton and "Shelby Nautica" have dinner.]
‣ Springtime for Lovers - Len Stevens [Plankton romancing "Shelby Nautica".]
‣ Unknown Track 33 - "Hey you, get your hands off my man!"
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks II - Jeremy Wakefield ["You're really in love, I won't stand in your way. Plankton is all yours."]
‣ Bashful Eyes - Kapono Beamer ["Sorry Plankton, you just said such nice things to me."]
‣ Unknown Track 38 - Karen's new screen save appears again.
‣ Unknown Track 36 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending.]
This section is too short. You can help the Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
- As of September 29, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 8.7/10 based on 63 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 9.5/10 based on 4 votes.
- This episode premiered on the same day as the 2017 Kids' Choice Awards.
- The title card is similar to that of "Plankton's Good Eye."
- When SpongeBob and Plankton are eating popcorn on the former's couch, many objects from older episodes are visible in the background. These include:
- Whirly Brain ("Whirly Brains")
- Pretzel Pals ("Buried in Time")
- Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy Paddle Ball Set ("Have You Seen This Snail?")
- Patrick! The Game (the episode of the same name)
- The Flying Dutchman's Treasure Hunt ("Arrgh!")
- Eels and Escalators ("Sailor Mouth")
- Mermaid Man action figure ("Mermaid Man vs. SpongeBob" and "Toy Store of Doom")
- Pin-the-tail-on-the-seahorse ("Opposite Day" and "Party Pooper Pants")
- Rocky Road ("Goodbye, Krabby Patty?") (This Rocky Road was not made with real rocks, unlike the one from "Goodbye, Krabby Patty?"
- Krusty Krab Pizza ("Pizza Delivery")
- Colorful balloons that spell out "F.U.N." are also seen; this is a reference to the episode of the same name.
- Similar objects from other episodes have appeared in SpongeBob's house in the sister episode, "SpongeBob's Place."
- There are 36 eyes on the title card.
- This is the first episode to use the APM track "Chum Bucket Rhumba" since the season 7 episode "Tunnel of Glove."
- This and "SpongeBob's Place" are the first episodes to use one of the new Nickelodeon Productions 2017 idents at their ending credits. However, it has been used in on-screen credits only in the original American airing. The full official credits still use the 2009 Nickelodeon Productions logo.
- The Analyzer's outputting of Plankton's components is similar to that of how Karen did in the episode "Plankton!"
- This episode premiered on Johnny Knoxville's 46th birthday, 12 years after The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie was released in Austria, four years "The Good Krabby Name," "Move It or Lose It," "Patrick-Man!," and "Gary's New Toy" premiered in Canada, three years after "To Love a Patty" and "Breath of Fresh Squidward" premiered in Poland, and two years after SpongeBob Comics #42 was released.
- This episode premiered in Canada 12 years after "Skill Crane" and "Good Neighbors" premiered and three years after Doodle Jump SpongeBob SquarePants was updated for the first time and "Missing Identity" and "Plankton's Army" premiered in Poland.
- Karen's screensaver is a reference to a screensaver module included in the After Dark computer software series.
- The episode's title is similar to that of the 1940 Tom and Jerry short "Puss Gets the Boot."
- At one point when Plankton is in the computer getting converted into binary, for one frame, one can see all the numbers gone and only a zero can be seen.