- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Karen Plankton
- Patrick Star (2 cameos)
- Sandy Cheeks (2 cameos)
- Larry the Lobster (cameo)
- Bubble Bass (cameo)
- French Narrator
- Frankie Billy
- Old Man Jenkins
- Frank (red shirt)
- Medley Fishbowl
- Nat Peterson
- Dennis (citizen)
SynopsisThe episode begins with Mr. Krabs at his desk and whistling with pickles. SpongeBob enters and they briefly discuss Mr. Krabs' obsession with money. Then, they both leave the room. Plankton pops out of the pickle jar. He hops on top of the secret formula's safe and attempts to open it. It doesn't open, even after Plankton studied the combination. Plankton soon falls off onto the floor. Mr. Krabs bursts in and, mistaking Plankton for a pickle, he eats him, making Plankton bruised and injured all over. Approximately ten hours later, Plankton arrives at the Chum Bucket, when Karen suggests that Plankton should get a second eye to see the safe's combination more clearly as she states that with only one eye, he lacks depth perception. The two-eye surgery Plankton attempts results in him turning into a creature with many eyes that combine to make one huge eye. On the second try, Plankton`s new eye turns into an eye-creature with robotic legs. Finally, Karen says Plankton needs teardrops successfully complete the procedure, so he makes himself cry, only to be told by Karen that he needs teardrops from a person that has two eyes. So, Plankton pursues SpongeBob to get him to cry. After finding him having a picnic, Plankton tells SpongeBob a sad story about himself and his milk spilling and Plankton actually did what happened in the story, causing SpongeBob to cry uncontrollably. Plankton gets the tear sample he sought after and begins the third surgery, in which Karen drops SpongeBob's tear liquid into Plankton's eye. An eye similar to one of SpongeBob's sprouts from his face, and Plankton sees things as SpongeBob does, that is, all happy and full of optimism. He goes after the secret formula but instead stops to admire the beauty of his surroundings.
When Plankton arrives again at the Chum Bucket near the end of the day, Karen realizes that the second eye is giving Plankton a split personality, calling him "Neevil." Plankton is stubborn and denies her claim,
however, and tries to disprove her by stealing the formula, but Plankton is, once again, distracted by Bubble Bass, who was in need of a rescue from a burning building. After the rescue, Plankton randomly finds the formula on the ground and returns it to Mr. Krabs like a nice person, but Mr. Krabs, however, thinks Plankton is playing a trick. It is now that Plankton finally realizes that he is actually non-evil now, so he tries to remove the eye several times but fails.
Plankton returns to the Chum Bucket and falls into despair. However, a surprise party is thrown for Plankton's good deeds. It seems that everybody in town is at the party. As SpongeBob hugs Plankton, the second eye falls off. Plankton becomes evil again and drives out the party-goers with red infrared lasers. The episode ends with Plankton bumping his head on the door because of his depth-perception issues caused by having only one eye.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Unknown Track 2 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Sailor's Sting 9 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [opening]
‣ Rock-a-Bye Baby - Krabs putting money to bed
‣ Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Plankton gets out of pickle jar]
‣ Fooling Around - Barry Anthony [approximately 10 hours later...]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh Karen, if you could just see things the way I do."]
‣ Fooling Around - Barry Anthony ["I think you hit it!"]
‣ Final Conflict - Harry Lubin ["Looks like it's time for an upgrade!"]
‣ Lost in the Galaxy [#34] - Harry Lubin [Plankton activates machine]
‣ Scary Search - Harry Lubin [Plankton grows several eyes]
‣ Final Conflict - Harry Lubin ["Binocular vision, here I come!"]
‣ Lost in the Galaxy [#34] - Harry Lubin [robotic eye zaps everything]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Next."]
‣ Clowning Around - Barry Anthony ["Your experiments are missing one essential ingredient."]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford [Plankton screams]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (j) - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton cries]
‣ Clowning Around - Barry Anthony ["Two eyes, huh?"]
‣ Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob on a picnic]
‣ Saltwater Works - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob cries]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob opens his face like a refrigerator.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob drinks the milk.]
‣ Final Conflict - Harry Lubin [Plankton strapped to a table/Second eye grows on Plankton.]
‣ Mad Street - James McConnel ["Now for my next target, the Krabby Patty formula!"]
‣ Unknown Track 2 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Why does everything look so... beautiful?"]
‣ Unknown Track 35 - Pat Irwin [Plankton returns home]
‣ Cartoon Sting 2 - "I'm as evil as ever!"
‣ Hero v. the Villain - Johnny Pearson [Plankton rescues Bubble Bass]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Thanks, buddy."]
‣ Cartoon Sting 2 - "This eye is taking over!"
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["What's this?"]
‣ Cartoon Sting 2 - "It's the Krabby Patty formula!"
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Why didn't I run off with it?"]
‣ Unknown Track 33 - "Since when do you care about stealing?"
‣ Final Conflict - Harry Lubin ["Must become monocular again!"/Second eye appears again.]
‣ Unknown Track 35 - Pat Irwin ["I think Plankton has really changed."]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["Uh-huh."]
‣ Final Conflict - Harry Lubin [Plankton comes home]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (p) - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton cries]
‣ Aloha Bikini Bottom - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [surprise party]
‣ Slide Whistle Song - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is on The Complete Eighth Season DVD.
This section is too short. You can help the Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Bubble Bass in 11 years since the Season 1 episode "Fools in April."
- Inside of SpongeBob, along with the spare milk carton, there was a pie.
- The title card music is the same as "Sentimental Sponge," "Oral Report," and "House Sittin' for Sandy."
- This marks the second time Bubble Bass sits on Plankton. The first was in "F.U.N."
- This episode is similar to the comic strip Spongeclops (in the 2009 October/Halloween issue of Nickelodeon Magazine) when Plankton wants two eyes, but in the comic, everyone else gets one eye like Plankton.
- It was unknown why Bubble Bass couldn't clear the fire himself since he had a large soda with him. The whole soda couldn't put out the fire but Bubble Bass could have a possible chance of escaping.
- Also, along with the top fact, when Bubble Bass jumps out of the window, Plankton offers to catch him. But due to Plankton's smallness, it doesn't make a difference if Bubble Bass fell out of the window with nobody catching him. So, Bubble Bass would be fine by just jumping out of the window.
- In real life, Plankton wouldn't have inherited SpongeBob's personality because your personality is not in your eyes. It's possible that the reason is that the second eye has SpongeBob's DNA, and SpongeBob's personality is implanted in his DNA.
- This episode shows Plankton influencing SpongeBob for the third time. The first two being "F.U.N.," and "The Inside Job."
- When Plankton becomes one giant eyeball with limbs, he sort of resembles a Patapon.
- This episode premiered six years after "Selling Out" premiered and The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie was released in Italy.
- This episode premiered in Canada two years after Viking-Sized Adventures was released.
- In the Croatian dub, the episode name is "Plankton ima novo oko" or "Plankton has a new eye."
- In this episode, the safe in the office is shown to have a combination of 35-25-4. However, in "Spy Buddies," the combination is different, with a combination of 35-20-0.
- It is apparent in this episode that Plankton is aware that SpongeBob is a crybaby, which he could use that to his advantage.
- This episode also revisits SpongeBob's strong sensitivity over something dramatic/emotional as well as his crybaby tendencies from the episode "A Day Without Tears," evident when Plankton tells SpongeBob a "sad story" about him spilling his milk and even spills his milk on purpose, SpongeBob starts crying uncontrollably.
- Plankton at the end chased everybody out with "infrared" lasers, but if they were really infrared, they would be impossible to see (the prefix "infra" means below or lower than, so it means a color beyond the lowest color perception (red) a human can see).
- When Plankton tries to open Mr. Krabs' safe, he tries to pull it open from the wrong side, so even if he knew the combination, he couldn't have gotten it open.
- Plankton spun the combination around wrong. He did Left-Right-Left, instead of Right-Left-Right.