"Pineapple Fever" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season six. In this episode, Squidward is stuck indoors with SpongeBob and Patrick during a storm.
It’s morning time at SpongeBob’s house. SpongeBob looks out of one of his windows, yawns while doing some morning stretches, and looks at one of his doors. SpongeBob comes out of his house with a pair of goggles over his eyes and a jellyfish net. He clears his throat. SpongeBob walks over to Patrick and asks him if he is ready to go jellyfishing. Patrick at first says “No” to SpongeBob, but then Patrick says “Just Kidding” as he holds up his jellyfish net with two scoops. Patrick says his double net is three times as fun, but SpongeBob thinks it would be twice as fun. Patrick then says that he and SpongeBob should probably check the weather report before they go jellyfishing. Back at SpongeBob’s house, Patrick and SpongeBob are watching the weather report on TV. The weatherman says today's weather forecast calls for a horrible storm that will ravage the Bikini Bottom area. Also, an advisory has been issued to avoid any and all jellyfishing if possible. The TV is turned off and SpongeBob asks Patrick to help these boards nailed up. Patrick says that this seems like a strange time to start decorating. SpongeBob says to Patrick that he obviously does not recognize fine decorating when he sees it. SpongeBob goes up to his big bass on the wall to show Patrick what he is talking about. SpongeBob says to Patrick to admire it later because, right now, they have got to get SpongeBob’s house converted into a shelter capable of withstanding extreme weather. SpongeBob has also accidentally stepped on a nail.
The scene cuts to Squidward’s house where Squidward is in his bathroom humming and tweezing his eyebrows. Squidward gets hold of one eyebrow hair and has to do one quick flick of the wrist to remove the eyebrow hair. However, next door at SpongeBob’s house, Patrick angrily nails a hammer really hard which causes Squidward to rip off a whole eyebrow and hit his head against the toilet. Squidward is angered by this. Back at SpongeBob's house, SpongeBob and Patrick are hammering his front door. Once they have finished, SpongeBob says now his house can withstand anything nature has to throw at us. Squidward angrily knocks down SpongeBob's front door and SpongeBob asks Squidward if he came to weather out the storm with him and Patrick. Squidward is confused what SpongeBob said about a storm and is told by SpongeBob that Phil Preflumster, the weatherman on the news channel, said there was going to be a storm today. SpongeBob says to Squidward that it will be fun! While the weather elements rage outside, Squidward, SpongeBob, and Patrick can snuggle in SpongeBob’s pineapple house and pass the time by playing board games, and playing tic-tac-toe, and drinkin' hot cocoa, and playing more tic-tac-toe, and doing jigsaw puzzles, and watchin’ TV, and so on. Squidward says that he will pass on that, but SpongeBob says he will let Squidward borrow his huggly snuggly bunny slippers. Squidward says he will have to think about that, but Patrick really loves SpongeBob’s huggly snuggly bunny slippers. Squidward starts to leave when a bolt of lightning strikes. It’s starts to rain and Squidward comes back to SpongeBob’s house burnt from the lightning strike. SpongeBob welcomes Squidward back and gives him SpongeBob’s huggly snuggly bunny slippers. Now Squidward is stuck indoors with SpongeBob and Patrick during a storm.
Another bolt of lightning strikes and the lights inside SpongeBob’s pineapple house are off as SpongeBob uses candles to make light in the living room. Squidward says he liked it better before when he could see. SpongeBob says the the lights went out and according to Squidward, the lights went out when SpongeBob turned off the lights. Patrick spits out his cocoa and says he never realized how delicious SpongeBob’s hot cocoa is. Squidward suggests they play those games that SpongeBob promised. Outside of SpongeBob’s house, another bolt of lightning strikes that causes impact on SpongeBob's pineapple leaves. Inside SpongeBob’s house, SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward are about to play tic-tac-toe. Squidward says they don’t roll to see who goes first and Patrick says they do rock, paper, scissors for it. The three of them play rock, paper, scissors but end up getting ties. Shortly later, Squidward says he wins while holding a tic-tac-toe board already made crossed off the X's. SpongeBob and Patrick thinking about this and say they are not seeing anything there. Squidward says it's three in a row right here. Tic-tac-toe! SpongeBob says to relax Squidward because they are just here to have fun. SpongeBob then takes out a rulebook for tic-tac-toe and flips through pages. Realizing that Squidward actually did win tic-tac-toe, SpongeBob and Patrick congratulate Squidward for it. However, Squidward is upset by this for some reason. Next, SpongeBob and Patrick are doing a jigsaw puzzle but Patrick cannot figure out where this piece of the jigsaw puzzle goes. Patrick is taking so long at solving this that he starts to turn into an old man. SpongeBob says old Patrick still got a good few years left in him. Old Patrick can’t hear what SpongeBob is saying so he holds up an ear trumpet and SpongeBob starts yelling “Go, Patrick, go!” into the ear trumpet repeatedly. Squidward is sleeping on SpongeBob’s couch and then wakes up angry because of SpongeBob yelling into old Patrick’s ear trumpet. Squidward tells SpongeBob and Patrick that he was trying to take nap and before Squidward can finish what he saying, SpongeBob interrupts Squidward to tell him that Patrick was just about to figure out where this piece of the puzzle goes. Squidward says to SpongeBob and old Patrick it’s the last piece of the jigsaw puzzle and there is one place it can go. Squidward points with his hand to where that place would be on the jigsaw puzzle. SpongeBob gasps at this and says that it wasn’t Squidward’s turn which he considers cheating. Squidward says you can’t cheat in a jigsaw puzzle. SpongeBob decides to start the jigsaw puzzle all over again and jumbles the puzzle pieces. Squidward can’t take it and he runs out of SpongeBob’s house while the storm is still going on. Squidward comes back to SpongeBob’s house burnt from another lightning strike. SpongeBob welcomes Squidward back again and they were about to figure out where the first piece of the puzzle goes. SpongeBob thinks Squidward can figure out where the puzzle piece, but Squidward says he has an even better idea which is a game called "boundaries." Patrick asks if there will be any spelling in this game and Squidward says there is no spelling. Squidward explains that the game is very simple. The object of the game is to see how long everyone leaves Squidward alone until the storm passes. Squidward will stay inside boundaries, he'll define by chalk lines on the floor. SpongeBob asks Squidward on where he is going to get the chalk and Squidward says that he brought some with him. Squidward then walks upstairs with the chalk and he is at the top of the stairs, he draws a chalk line, throws the chalk down the stairs, goes into SpongeBob’s bedroom and closes the door.
In SpongeBob’s bedroom, all Squidward has to do is sit and wait until this storm blows over. Squidward’s stomach starts growling and Squidward realizes that he is starving. Squidward searches around SpongeBob’s room for food. Squidward comes across a bag that has a sock covering up the first word and the second visible word on the bag is “food.” Squidward starts eating the stuff inside the bag as Gary the Snail meows at him. Squidward is surprised by the taste as he removes the sock on the bag and finds out he is eating snail food. Squidward spits the snail food out of his mouth and says that he has got to get some real food while leaving SpongeBob’s bedroom. Suddenly, SpongeBob is now dressed as a security guard and says to Squidward that nobody is to cross this chalk line boundary. Squidward claims he is the one who drew the line and SpongeBob is not supposed to cross. SpongeBob says if Squidward is the one who drew it, let me see some identification papers. Squidward looks in his pocket and says he does not have his identification papers with him. If Squidward can cross the chalk boundary, he can go and find his identification papers. SpongeBob thinks Squidward may be telling the truth, but then again he may also being lying. SpongeBob tells Squidward to come with him as they shall find out the truth. Squidward is angered by this and crosses the chalk line boundary. SpongeBob blows his whistle and chases after Squidward down the stairs. Squidward makes it towards SpongeBob’s kitchen and starts taking food out of SpongeBob's refrigerator. SpongeBob notices this and jumps out of his security guard costume leaving him in his underwear, and jumps on Squidward's back. Squidward starts running around SpongeBob’s living room, with food in his hands while
SpongeBob is still on his back. SpongeBob says he cannot allow this as it is against the rules of the boundaries game. Squidward states that all he wanted was something to eat. SpongeBob and Squidward run into Patrick as they crash and the food Squidward was caring is now all over the living room. Squidward gets up from the floor wanting the food back, SpongeBob gets up after him, and Patrick gets up and wants food, too. The three of them start to run around in circles screaming and acting like apes. SpongeBob takes a piece of bread. Patrick takes a can and starts chewing on it. Squidward runs past him as Patrick protects his can. Squidward has a burger in his hands until SpongeBob takes it. Squidward and SpongeBob start fighting over the burger until it gets stuck on top of the ceiling. Squidward then questions about one little storm turning them all to act like complete animals. Squidward hears nothing outside and claims that the storm has stopped. SpongeBob tries to tell Squidward to wait, but he is too eager to leave. Squidward exits SpongeBob's pineapple house and runs away without seeing that SpongeBob's house is now at the top of a tornado. Squidward falls a long height down from the tornado and after landing hard on the ground, Squidward says “Curse you, Prefluenster!”
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Clownfish Capers - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Kalua Jubilee - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [opening]
‣ Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [weather on TV]
‣ Seaweed - Steve Belfer ["This seems like a strange time to start decorating."]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob stepped on a nail]
‣ Fruity Flute - Harry Bluestone [Squidward tweezing his eyebrows]
‣ Steel Sting (q) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward accidentally rips some skin off]
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward angry]
‣ Cartoon Sting 1 - "I guess Squidward's not part of nature."
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward struck by lightning]
‣ A Jolly Jaunt (a) - Dick Stephen Walter [SpongeBob lights a candle]
‣ A Jolly Jaunt (d) - Dick Stephen Walter ["How about some of those games you promised?"]
‣ Wooden Bear - Gil Flat, Tony Tape, Florian Voelxen [playing tic-tac-toe]
‣ High Hazard - Philippe Pares [Patrick struggling to complete a jigsaw puzzle]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Go, Patrick, go!"]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch ["I told you creatures I was trying to take a nap over here!"]
‣ Steel Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward struck by lightning again]
‣ Will He, Won't He? - David Lindup ["It's a game called Boundaries."]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["I have a question."]
‣ ? ["I... brought some!"]
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward goes into SpongeBob's room]
‣ Tricks and Traps - James McConnel [Squidward's hungry]
‣ Cartoon Sting 2 - SpongeBob as a border guard
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward runs downstairs to get food and SpongeBob chases him]
‣ Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward start to act like animals]
‣ Fates [#61] - Gregor F. Narholz ["Is one little storm all it takes to turn us into complete animals?"]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hey, did you hear that?"]
‣ Clownfish Capers - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
|| I can turn into a skyscraper!
This section is too short. You can help the Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding
- The title card background for this episode is similar to "Squid's Visit" and "Home Sweet Pineapple."
- This was the second episode to premiere during the Nickelodeon's "Deep Sea Danger Zone" marathon.
- This is the second time an underwater tornado appears. The first was in "Pizza Delivery" and the third will be in "Food Con Castaways."
- Patrick says he was aging 30 years per second, making him 180 years old in 6 seconds. However, after the scene cuts to Squidward being hit by another lightning strike, he becomes young again.
- Patrick was probably trying to say "voila" instead of "violin."
- Running gag: Squidward being struck by lightning.
- During the chase scene when SpongeBob got on Squidward's back in the living room, the background repeats itself.
- Then again, they were just running around the room.
- This chase scene is similar to the scene from "Ugh" where they fight for the fire.
- This episode is paired with "Chum Caverns," but Comcast guide says "Shell Shocked" instead.
- This episode premiered four years after SpongeBob SquarePants 4-D: Ride opened, three years after l"All That Glitters" and "Wishing You Well" premiered, and one year after "The Splinter" premiered.
- The same track plays for both the title card and ending, that being Clownfish Capers.
- The title to this episode is a reference to the term cabin fever, a claustrophobic reaction to being shut in a small place with nothing to do for a long time.
- When Squidward was annoyed at the beginning of the episode, he breaks the wood from SpongeBob's door but near the end when he escapes out of SpongeBob's house, suddenly there's wood again.
- The cover of the Tic-Tac-Toe rules book SpongeBob was reading had it's title on the right side of the book. It should really be the left.
- When Patrick first gets the can, it has a yellow label, but when SpongeBob says the noise was Patrick chewing on his can, it has a red label.