"Perfect Chemistry" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season seven. In this episode, Sandy makes a teleporter, which Plankton tries to use to steal the formula.
The episode begins with Sandy and SpongeBob at the Treedome working on a teleporter to teleport Sandy's acorns to Texas. Unfortunately, the teleporter fails.
The scene then changes to the Chum Bucket where Plankton is manically laughing for he just completed a new invention. Karen and Plankton converse for a while, until Plankton enters the invention and becomes a gas. He travels across the street to the Krusty Krab and slips through the door and into Mr. Krabs' office. Mr. Krabs is revolted by the smell and uses a fan to blow him away. Meanwhile, Plankton is blown to the Treedome where SpongeBob instantly recognizes him and Sandy is impressed that he was able to turn himself into a gas.
Sandy and Plankton converse while Sandy decides to come over and help combine Plankton's invention with Sandy's teleporter. While at the Chum Bucket, Sandy and Plankton talk about science while SpongeBob is upset and feels left out. Sandy then tells him that he can be the test monkey.
Plankton and Sandy hook cables up to SpongeBob and teleport him to the Krusty Krab. Unfortunately, only his eyes teleport. Squidward is frightened and tells Mr. Krabs who thinks that Squidward just has bad gas. Plankton and Sandy teleport SpongeBob back to the Chum Bucket. This continues until SpongeBob's entire body gets teleported. Plankton then traps Sandy and SpongeBob in a cage and teleports him to the bottle where the Krabby Patty formula is stored. Then, Sandy teleports the Krabby Patty formula back to her and SpongeBob, leaving Plankton stuck in the bottle. Sandy says that she knew Plankton was in it for the formula the entire time. The episode ends with Sandy bragging that she cannot be fooled and laughing evilly.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ SpongeBob History Song - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Lonely Stranger - Laurie Johnson [Sandy working on an invention]
‣ Cartoon Sting 3 - "Could you hand me that wrench, SpongeBob?"
‣ Steel Sting (f) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob looks sad.]
‣ Grand Canyon (a) - Bill Connor [nut transporter]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [The Nut Transporter stops working]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield ["Aw, nuts."]
‣ Six Powerful Cues (a) - Wilfred William Burns [Plankton working on an invention]
‣ Battle March Link (f) - Keith Mansfield ["It is the day I steal the Krabby Patty formula from Krabs."/Plankton growls.]
‣ Animal Antics [#45] - Phil Green [Plankton unveils his invention]
‣ Unknown Track 40 - Nicolas Carr [Plankton activates the invention]
‣ Spooky - Kenny Graham [Plankton in gaseous form]
‣ Sailor's Sting 7 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [Mr. Krabs groans]
‣ Spooky - Kenny Graham ["Finally, the moment has come!"]
‣ Sailor's Sting 7 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Mr. Krabs blows Plankton away with a fan]
‣ Steel Sting (q) - Jeremy Wakefield [Sandy groans]
‣ Horror Crash - Harry Lubin ["Hey, cut it out!"]
‣ Tipsy Turvy - Phil Green ["You were able to convert yourself into gaseous form?"]
‣ Fall to the Death - Harry Lubin [Plankton climbs into the transporter.]
‣ Agitation Bridge 3 - Phil Green ["Maybe if I combine this device with my own invention, the Krabby Patty formula will be mine!"]
‣ Vacation (a) - Kapono Beamer, Mac Prindy ["We're in business!"]
‣ Clumsy (c) - Bernd Gesell [SpongeBob carrying the transporter]
‣ Steel Sting (c) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Thanks, SpongeBob!"]
‣ Puppet Playtime - Phil Green [Sandy meets Karen]
‣ Frankenstein's Niece (a) - Gregor Narholz ["We shall conquer the world!"]
‣ Puppet Playtime - Phil Green ["Or I can combine your gasifier with my invention..."]
‣ Lost in the Galaxy [#34] - Harry Lubin [Sandy connects the two devices]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [SpongeBob's heart shatters]
‣ Circus Parade (a) - Dick Stephen Walter [SpongeBob in a monkey suit]
‣ Steel Link (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I've never had a test monkey before!"]
‣ Frankenstein's Niece (a) - Gregor Narholz [Plankton laughs evilly]
‣ Final Conflict - Harry Lubin ["Ready!"]
‣ Bassoon Skip [#85] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Plankton jumping on the lever]
‣ Space Quest - Harry Lubin [SpongeBob without eyes]
‣ Unknown Hawaiian Sting (i) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, boy. Try again."]
‣ Botany Bay - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Squidward cooking patties]
‣ House of Horror - William Farran [Squidward screams]
‣ Unknown Hawaiian Sting (h) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob runs into a wall]
‣ Space Quest - Harry Lubin [SpongeBob's eyes transported back]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Huh?"]
‣ Watch Out! - Dick Stephen Walter ["So it was you that befouled me office earlier, was it?"]
‣ Fall to the Death - Harry Lubin ["Just a few more adjustments."]
‣ Space Quest - Harry Lubin ["Stand clear!"]
‣ Botany Bay - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Squidward mopping]
‣ House of Horror - William Farran [Squidward screams]
‣ Bassoon Skip [#85.03] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Now only his mouth is missing."]
‣ Space Quest - Harry Lubin [SpongeBob's mouth transported back]
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield ["What the heck is wrong with you?"]
‣ Final Conflict - Harry Lubin [test three]
‣ Space Quest - Harry Lubin [SpongeBob's arms and legs are transported]
‣ Sailor's Sting 11 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Squidward delivering food]
‣ Steel Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward slips, and falls]
‣ Guaracha Senorita - Heidi Pehofer [Squidward screams]
‣ Steel Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Look, no hands... or feet!"]
‣ Cosmos Adventure 1 - John Fox [final test]
‣ Space Quest - Harry Lubin [SpongeBob gets transported for the last time]
‣ Lost in the Galaxy [#35] - Harry Lubin [SpongeBob appears on top of Squidward]
‣ The Drunken Sailor - "Neptune's trousers, Squidward!"
‣ Lost in the Galaxy [#35] - Harry Lubin ["It worked!"]
‣ Tragic Situation - Phil Green [Plankton traps SpongeBob and Sandy in a cage]
‣ Tragic Bridge 2 - Phil Green ["The Krabby Patty formula!"]
‣ Like Strange - Kenny Graham ["Fools!"]
‣ Shock Happening 1 - Harry Lubin [Plankton in an empty bottle]
‣ Sailor's Sting 9 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Plankton screams]
‣ Tentically Speaking - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Sandy explains]
‣ Frankenstein's Niece (a) - Gregor Narholz [ending]
- As of January 3, 2018, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 7/10 based on 119 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 5.3/10 based on 9 votes.
- Even though Karen and Sandy have been near each other in many previous episodes, this is the first episode where they are seen communicating.
- The title is a play on the dating term "perfect chemistry."
- This is the last episode where SpongeBob's voice is high pitched.
- This is the last episode of season 7.
- This is the last episode produced in 2010.
- "Patrick SmartPants" re-aired when this episode premiered, but it now airs with "Big Sister Sam" as deposition.
- Running gags: After SpongeBob's body parts disappear when Mr. Krabs is trying to believe Squidward, a fart noise was heard and Mr. Krabs thinks it was Squidward who did it and SpongeBob wanting to be called "lab partner."
- It is impossible for SpongeBob to know that his mouth and body were facing Squidward unless the transported parts have a mind of their own. But the parts were always sure where Squidward was, and without ears and eyes, it should have been impossible for the parts to find Squidward.
- This was the only episode where Sandy teamed up with Plankton.
- The parts where Squidward tries to get Mr. Krabs to see every body part of SpongeBob, but they always disappear, is like when Candace tries to get her mom to see what her brothers, Phineas and Ferb, are doing, and they're always disappearing, in the Disney show Phineas and Ferb.
- The episode continually switches between day and night. When Plankton first meets up with SpongeBob and Sandy, it is night, but when it cuts to the Krusty Krab, it is daytime. This happens again in the final shot, where it is daytime at the Krusty Krab, but when it cuts to Sandy laughing evilly, it is night.
- At Sandy's treedome and the Chum Bucket, it is nighttime, but inside at the Krusty Krab, it is daytime.
- When Sandy waved her torch around, no one was affected by their lack of eye protection.
- When SpongeBob picks up the Krabby Patty secret formula, Sandy is right next to SpongeBob looking at it.
- Closed-captions misspell "Krab(s)" as "Crab(s)."
- When Plankton puts on his first pair of goggles, he looks into them since they are big to him. Later in the episode, they change. His second pair of goggles (goggle, since he only has one eye) fit him fine. Sandy's goggles change as well. This could be because Plankton did not like his first pair of goggles.
- When Plankton transports himself into Sandy's treedome, he does not have a water helmet on and he seems to be breathing normally, despite being a sea creature.
- Normally when the inside of SpongeBob's body is shown it has holes, but in this episode, it does not.