At times, Patrick has worked at the Chum Bucket for Plankton. He even is the only person who actually likes to eat his chum. Plankton considers Patrick a dimwit. Yet, there have been times where they were enemies. In the video game Creature from the Krusty Krab, Plankton says he does not even know Patrick's name and he still curses him.
- "Plankton!:" A Plankton-controlled SpongeBob crashes through Patrick's rock. With Patrick being held by SpongeBob, Plankton then controls him to get Patrick off in annoyance.
- "Sleepy Time:" Patrick asks everyone else if they have a quarter just as they are complaining to SpongeBob for wrecking havoc on their dreams.
- "The Fry Cook Games:" After being told by SpongeBob that he needs to be a fry cook to compete at the Fry Cook Games, Patrick signs up to work at the Chum Bucket.
Just as SpongeBob and Patrick finish feuding, Plankton tells him that SpongeBob is not his friend with the description "Square, the shape of evil." During the ice cream dive, Plankton motivates Patrick by stating that SpongeBob thinks he is better than him and ends up successfully. As the final event rages on, Patrick and SpongeBob are about to end it, the underwear causes them to make up and leave the games.
This enrages their bosses, with Plankton telling them to come back and kill each other (implying that they never really cared about SpongeBob and Patrick but just the medals).
- "Patrick SmartPants:" When SpongeBob asks Patrick what he is doing, Patrick tells him that he is studying an amazing subspecies (plankton). Plankton responds, "I'll show you subspecies!"
- "Bucket Sweet Bucket:" As Plankton tries to enhance the Chum Bucket, he gets frustrated and states that this is a job for an imbecile, but seeing Patrick and SpongeBob gives him the idea to trick them into doing the job for him so he can steal the Krabby Patty secret formula. Eventually, after yelling at SpongeBob for putting the window at a height where he cannot reach, Patrick tells him he had the idea instead. Plankton then compliments Patrick to SpongeBob, stating that he wanted to him to see in through the window.
After seeing the window stapled against the wall instead, Patrick is confused at him wanting to see out in the window, to the point where Plankton yells, "Can't you two do anything right?!" The two promise Plankton that they will work hard to enhance the Chum Bucket, pleasing Plankton.
As Plankton tries to steal the formula, they take parts from the Krusty Krab to the Chum Bucket (to the point where the "renovation" was actually rebuilding the Chum Bucket into the Krusty Krab). Plankton cries at this and complains to the two for this, but Mr. Krabs returns from his vacation and stops him.
- "Krabby Road:" SpongeBob asks Plankton if Patrick could join their band, to which Plankton regretfully said yes.
Patrick soon asks if his band shirt could be pink, making Plankton sigh. Later, as Plankton uses his gadget on SpongeBob to get lyrics out of him for the Krabby Patty formula, Patrick ends up using it instead, destroying it and making Plankton cry.
At the end of the episode, SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward visits Plankton in his jail cell to where they annoy him with their 22-year practice before their next gig, making him scream.
- "Chum Bucket Supreme:" As Plankton rants for customers, he sees Patrick reading his sign. Plankton tells Patrick hat his head is on fire and tells him to use the drink, but just explains the flavor. Plankton then grabs it and throws it on his head to douse it, angering Patrick to the point where he demands an apology (which Plankton plainly does).
Soon, Patrick changes his sign to "Chum is Fum" and more customers come to the Chum Bucket. Plankton then finds Patrick an inspiration. As more people grow bored of the slogan, Plankton starts a meeting with Patrick about changing the slogan (though Patrick ends up reversing the slogan a bit to "Fum is Chum").
It becomes a success. Yet afterwards, Patrick then decides to depart from the Chum Bucket to the point where Plankton tells him that he is his whole marketing department. Patrick tells him of the hole in his head, revealing his burnt brain. Plankton complains to him that anyone dim-witted could work for him, even stating that his customers were "doo-doo-dunderheads" (which became the huge flaw of this scheme). The hockey players then begin to pulverize Plankton.
- "Frozen Face-Off:" As the gang enters the Chum Bucket, Plankton tells them that he cannot get the cork off of the bottle to get the formula. Patrick then does it for him, while the rest of the gang yells at him.
- "Plankton's Pet:" As SpongeBob and Plankton search for pets to find Plankton the right pet, Plankton describes Patrick as too stupid to get as they pass by him.
- "Mimic Madness:" When Squidward, along with Plankton, intend on hurting SpongeBob in order to make him stop mimicking others, Patrick angrily demands them to leave him alone.
- "Spin the Bottle:" When SpongeBob picks Plankton to make a wish for Patrick, Plankton says "for cod's sake."