"Pat the Horse" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season eleven. In this episode, Patrick wants to be a horse.
The episode starts with SpongeBob reading Patrick one more bedtime story called You Can Be Anything, which encourages Patrick to say that he wants to be a horse if anyone can be anything. SpongeBob then agrees and puts Patrick to bed.
The next morning, SpongeBob hears neighing. He looks out the window and sees Patrick being a horse. SpongeBob gets excited and runs out. He realizes Patrick was right. SpongeBob brought an apple for Patrick to eat. Patrick eats it, but accidentally bites his hands off. He gives them back. SpongeBob then pets him. SpongeBob realizes he needs to give Patrick a name. He then decides to name him "Patrick." Patrick likes the name and picks SpongeBob up. He rides with Patrick, until he accidentally falls off him. SpongeBob falls in Norton's bag. Pat the Horse caught up with SpongeBob. Norton gets mad, because he realizes SpongeBob’s in it. Norton pickes up SpongeBob and puts him in a mailbox, and puts a stamp on him.
SpongeBob and Pat the Horse take a ride. SpongeBob says hi to Sandy. Sandy's shocked that SpongeBob's riding a horse. SpongeBob and Pat the Horse keep riding. SpongeBob then sees a street cleaner, and calls him an "old timer," which makes him mad and try to chase them. SpongeBob and Patrick then arrive at the Krusty Krab. SpongeBob ties him to the pole. Kids come and see Pat the Horse, thinking he's a pony. The kids ask SpongeBob if they can pet him. He says yes. They pet him and Patrick likes it. Squidward arrives at the Krusty Krabs and makes fun of Patrick. Squidward spanks Pat the Horse. He gets mad and kicks him. Mr. Krabs then arrives and Squidward falls on him. Mr. Krabs gets mad and puts him in SpongeBob. The kids still continue to pet him. Mr. Krabs then realizes that he can charge the kids into giving pony rides for $10. SpongeBob's not sure about the idea. After, Mr. Krabs tells the kids that they can ride him for $10, more kids then come to Pat the Horse. SpongeBob gets upset while flipping Krabby Patties. Squidward still makes fun of Pat the Horse, which makes SpongeBob upset, and run out of the Krusty Krab. SpongeBob then sees Pat the Horse tired. Pat the Horse gets to overwhelmed and flings the kids off of him, and tries to get untied. Mr. Krabs tries to catch all the kids, but he misses one. Mr. Krabs rolls all the kids into a ball and flings it. Pat the Horse was able to escape. SpongeBob tries to get Pat the Horse. Squidward then makes more fun of Pat the Horse, making Mr. Krabs realize, that he can use Squidward as a pony.
SpongeBob climbs a steep mountain in the desert, to find Pat the Horse. After SpongeBob climbs the mountain, he found Pat the Horse. He walks up to him, but he gets mad. SpongeBob makes Pat the Horse remember him, by eating an apple and accidentally biting his hands off. SpongeBob says complaments, then ties him to a rope, making him mad. Pat the Horse runs and SpongeBob is still hanging on to the rope. Pat the Horse runs over cacti, hurting SpongeBob, then runs over sharp rocks, also hurting SpongeBob, he then finally runs over pillows, soothing SpongeBob. Pat the Horse then stops and SpongeBob gets on him. Pat the Horse licks him, making SpongeBob realize that he wasn't breaking Pat the Horse, that he was breaking him metaphorically and literally. SpongeBob gets back on him and rides him back to the Krusty Krab.
They come back to the Krusty Krab. SpongeBob then notices Squidward is the new pony. Squid the Horse thinks it's humiliating, but Mr. Krabs tells him to be quiet. A kid then gets on Squid the Horse and hurts him. SpongeBob asks Mr. Krabs how he got Squidward to be a pony. Mr. Krabs then tells him that it's in his contract. Pat the Horse walks up to Squid the Horse and they get mad at each other. Mr. Krabs gets mad at Pat the Horse for getting near Squid the Horse. He then hammers a nail on Squid the Horse’s horseshoe, better. Mr. Krabs then compares his horse to SpongeBob's. Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob get in a fight and desire to race. The race is the first one to Black Devil Bay, wins. SpongeBob takes the challenge. They start the race, with the street cleaner still chasing them. Mr. Krabs says "eat me dust," SpongeBob thought he meant literally not metaphoricaly, so he eats it. Mr. Krabs decides to trick them and put a shortcut sign. SpongeBob and Pat the Horse take it. They go through some grass, but then fall off a cliff, landing on Mr. Krabs and Squid the Horse. Mr. Krabs knocks them off. SpongeBob and Patrick were able to catch up. SpongeBob and Patrick were a head, until Mr. Krabs tricked them into getting on a treadmill. SpongeBob and Patrick were able to catch up again. Mr. Krabs decides to throw a rock at SpongeBob to slow him down, but it hits back at him. Mr. Krabs and Squid the Horse were able to catch up. Mr. Krabs puts mustard on the floor, but Patrick eats it, but it’s spicy mustard. It was so spicy that SpongeBob and Pat the Horse were able to pass them. Mr. Krabs then decides to pretend to be a cop, so he can pull them over, but Officer John Sluggfish tries to pull Mr. Krabs over for impersonating a cop. SpongeBob and Pat the Horse deliver the Krabby Patty to the angler fish. He looks into the bag, but he realizes that there's no Krabby Patty in it. Pat the Horse burps and says "I was hungry," (meaning that he ate it).
Mr. Krabs and Squid the Horse then come and give him the Krabby Patty, and they win. Patrick decides that he doesn't want to be a horse anymore. SpongeBob reminds him that he can still be anything, to which Patrick decides to be a crab, and takes Mr. Krabs' claws and pretend to be him. Once Mr. Krabs realizes that his claws are gone, he gets mad at Patrick and chases him. SpongeBob asks Squidward if he would want to ride on him. He says "sure," and they ride home, and the street cleaner is still chasing them as the episode ends.
The episode was confirmed by Vincent Waller on November 2, 2017.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Rodeo Daze - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card.]
‣ Unknown Track 24 - Close up of "You Can Be Anything" book.
‣ Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick gets excited.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["A horse?"]
‣ Solo Steel 4 - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick gets sleep.]
‣ Solo Steel - Jeremy Wakefield [The next morning...]
‣ Rodeo Stars (a) - Gregor Narholz [SpongeBob wakes up.]
‣ Western Square Dance (a) - John Fox [Patrick acting like a horse.]
‣ Ride 'em Cowboy - David Lindup [SpongeBob riding in Patrick towards the Krusty Krab.]
‣ Cartoon Sting 5 - Squidward laughs at Patrick.
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Patrick kicks Squidward.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (I) - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs introduces Squidward into SpongeBob.]
‣ Unknown Track 21 - Krabs imagines kids as money.
‣ The Drunken Sailor - "Kids love horseys. Great idea having Patrick play pony."
‣ Hillbilly Dual - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs charges $10 for pony rides on Patrick.]
‣ Stumbling Tumbleweeds - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob sad at the kitchen.]
‣ ? [Rimshot.]
‣ Stumbling Tumbleweeds - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Get it? Night? Mare? Ha-ha!"]
‣ Buck Jump - Cedric Palmer [Several kids on Patrick at once.]
‣ Six Powerful Cues (d) - Wilfred Burns [Patrick breaks loose and runs off.]
‣ Razor's Edge - Cedric Palmer [SpongeBob runs after Patrick.]
‣ Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward acting like a horse, making fun of Patrick.]
‣ Patchy's Parched Blues - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob looking for Patrick at the desert.]
‣ The Wild Wild West - John Fox [SpongeBob finds Patrick and rides in.]
‣ Unknown Track 80 - SpongeBob riding in Patrick at Goo Lagoon.
‣ Hey Pretty Mama B - Jim Wolfe [Krabs using Squidward for pony rides.]
‣ Unknown Track 61 - Patrick and Squidward snort at each other.
‣ Unknown Track 85 - Krabs challenges SpongeBob to a race.
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Transition to next scene.]
‣ William Tell Overture - Gioacchino Rossini [Race starts.]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [Krabs gets an idea.]
‣ William Tell Overture - Gioacchino Rossini [SpongeBob riding Patrick in front of Squidward and Krabs.]
‣ Call the Cops! - Jay Glover, Gary Crockett [Krabs poses as a cop.]
‣ William Tell Overture - Gioacchino Rossini [SpongeBob and Patrick arrive at Black Devil Bay.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [Customer takes his delivery.]
‣ William Tell Overture - Gioacchino Rossini [Krabs and Squidward arrive and they win.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (o) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Okay, buddy, but remember you can still be anything."]
‣ Rodeo Daze - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick takes Krabs' claws.]
‣ Hillbilly Party - Nicolas Carr [ending]
- As of February 8, 2018, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 9.5/10 based on 37 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 0.0/10 based on 0 votes.
- The title card for this episode is similar to that of "Pest of the West."
- During its initial release in the US, this episode was paired with "The Incredible Shrinking Sponge."
- Coincidentally, Ryan appears in both episodes.
- This is the last episode to premiere in 2017.
- This marks the first usage of the APM Rodeo Daze for a title card since the episode of the same name.
- This episode was put on Nick.com a few minutes before it aired on TV.
- "My leg!:"
- The last kid who Mr. Krabs is not able to catch.
- When Patrick runs over the same kid.
- It should be noted that the kid says "My little leg!," not "My leg!"
- Running gag: Street cleaner chasing Pat the Horse every time he runs.
- SpongeBob’s line, “You can be anything,” is the tagline for the Barbie Company.
- The last kid to fall was first seen light blue. In a later shot, he is green.