"Overbooked" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season six. In this episode, SpongeBob must be at Patrick's birthday party, help Sandy with her presentation, and help Mr. Krabs build a telescope, all at the same time.
At the crack of dawn, SpongeBob screams when his shell phone rings. He answers the phone, and Sandy asks if he can come to her science presentation tonight and SpongeBob, without hesitation, says he will be there. SpongeBob then goes to work. When he makes it to the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs struggles to fix his telescope and asks SpongeBob if he could go to his house and fix it tonight because his employee report card isn't filled, the only blank thing was "Does a Laborious Task for Supervisor."
After a while, Patrick sneaks into the kitchen. SpongeBob then sees him and greets him. Patrick finally tells SpongeBob to come to his birthday party and buy the birthday cake, and it will be tonight just like the other two requests he got. At 6:00 P.M., the Krusty Krab is closing, and SpongeBob is leaving the Krusty Krab and goes to Sandy's treedome first to look at the presentation and what is happening so far. He tells Sandy he needs to do something before he could assist her. He goes to Mr. Krabs' house, and SpongeBob discovers that he needs a Motorized Hex Drill in the manual. He goes to Tom's Toolery but it is closed due to Porpoise Day. He remembers seeing Sandy using a Motorized Hex Drill and tries to go to Sandy's house. On his way, he bumps into Patrick and sees him with a bag of party hats. SpongeBob then goes to the bakery to buy the birthday cake so that Patrick wouldn't wonder why SpongeBob went to town.
He then goes to Patrick's house. He forgets to buy a gift after Patrick announces that he could put a present at the present table. He goes back to Sandy's treedome and gets the Motorized Hex Drill, but Sandy finds him. She does not know what SpongeBob has done, but she notices the birthday cake, which is left beside her invention. Sandy starts the program saying that her invention may change modern science forever. Sandy then requests SpongeBob to remove all his clothes and wear a cyan gown. She then notices the drill is stuffed inside his gown so SpongeBob lies that it is something he ate and he goes to Patrick's house leaving behind the cake he bought earlier. He then pulls out the Motorized Hex Drill and rips a piece of cloth from the cyan gown and wraps it. He goes back to Sandy who tells everyone that her invention is a cloning machine. SpongeBob then goes inside the invention Sandy made. Once inside, he is requested to take off the gown, leaving him nude all night.
SpongeBob asks Sandy if he could go to the gent's room. He then goes to Mr. Krabs' house, naked. Mr. Krabs asks SpongeBob why he does not have clothes. SpongeBob said that it is because he was "attacked by a bunch of sardines" and assembles the telescope, in a fast mood. Mr. Krabs stops him because he does not have the Motorized Hex Drill. SpongeBob goes back to Patrick, but Mr. Krabs chases SpongeBob. Patrick notices that SpongeBob's clothes are gone and thinks they are invisible. He asked to borrow the drill, but Patrick does not allow him to until SpongeBob brings the birthday cake. SpongeBob runs over to the treedome, but Patrick chases after SpongeBob too. When Sandy, Mr. Krabs, and Patrick finally meet, they start arguing with each of them saying that SpongeBob is their
Finally, SpongeBob admits that he is overbooked. He then apologizes telling everyone he couldn't say no to any of the three because they were important to him. Mr. Krabs and Patrick tell SpongeBob that he could have just told them. SpongeBob then apologizes again for thinking he could do three things at once. However, Sandy tells him that he can if he uses her cloning machine. SpongeBob then clones himself inside the machine Sandy invented. The two other clones are naked, along with the true SpongeBob, who is now asleep as the episode ends.
‣ Clownfish Capers
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
- Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Dancing the Hula - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob on the phone with Sandy]
‣ Marching to Honolulu - Kapono Beamer ["With Gary as my witness, I will not let you down."]
‣ Sailor's Sting 2 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs trying to build a telescope]
‣ Dramatic Impact 6 - Ivor Slaney [SpongeBob gasps]
‣ Steel Licks (c) - Jeremy Wakefield ["What am I gonna do?"]
‣ Seaweed - Steve Belfer [Patrick tells SpongeBob to come to his birthday party]
‣ Drama Link (g) - Hubert Clifford ["This is worse than I ever could have imagined!"]
‣ Deadline - Sam Spence ["Time to be all I can be."]
‣ Polite Conversation - Graham D.H. Preskett [SpongeBob goes to Sandy's]
‣ Expectant Stab [#28] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["I gotta help Mr. Krabs!"]
‣ Steel Sting (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob goes to Krabs' house]
‣ Botany Bay - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["SpongeBob! I knew I wouldn't have to fire you."]
‣ Steel Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob goes into town]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Huh?"]
‣ Steel Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [tool store closed]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob runs into Patrick]
‣ Cartoon Sting 1 - "Hey, Patrick, what are you doing in town?"
‣ Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob buys a cake]
‣ Spongeburglar - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob opens Sandy's toolbox]
‣ Comic Walk - Nicolas Carr [Sandy appears]
‣ Final Summit (a) - Mladen Franko ["Tonight you will witness an invention so revolutionary..."]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield ["What's under your gown?"]
‣ Hawaiian Adventures SpongeBob Theme - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob runs to Patrick's]
‣ Gator - Steve Belfer ["You finally made it!"]
‣ Hawaiian Adventures SpongeBob Theme - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob runs back to Sandy's]
‣ Before the Beginning - Graham De Wilde [Sandy's invention revealed]
‣ Hawaiian Adventures SpongeBob Theme - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob runs to Krabs' house]
‣ Sailor's Sting 8 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["What happened to your clothes, boy?"]
‣ Hawaiian Adventures SpongeBob Theme - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob runs to Patrick's]
‣ Cartoon Sting 2 - "SpongeBob, why are your clothes invisible?"
‣ Hawaiian Adventures SpongeBob Theme - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob runs to Sandy's]
‣ Steel Sting (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I'm here!"]
‣ The Pollywog Strut - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Yeah! I'd like to know also!"]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [everyone yelling at SpongeBob]
‣ Unknown Track 30 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob explains]
‣ Ticker Tape - Cecil Milner [SpongeBob cloned]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [ending]
- As of January 27, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 6.8/10 based on 102 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 8.1/10 based on 146 votes.
- According to this episode, workers in Bikini Bottom are given "employee report cards" during special times of the year, and if they don't have all necessary requirements marked off, they are fired from their current job. This became important in this episode, as SpongeBob had to help Mr. Krabs build a telescope, as he didn't cross off, "Does a Laborious Task for Supervisor" yet.
- The cake SpongeBob got for Patrick has the icing that says "Sorry about the scabies" instead of "Happy Birthday" because it was the only cake used for special occasions the bakery had. Scabies is a skin disease in humans where mites burrow into the skin and cause a rash that is similar to animals with fur. In this case, scabies is an STD to those in Bikini Bottom, like it would be in the human world. More information about this disease can be read here.
- According to Casey Alexander's Twitter feed, the scabies joke was based on his experience with it at the age of 10.
- "I'm allowed to make the scabies joke 'cause it comes from personal experience. My 10 year old self was delighted w/ that one." - Casey Alexander's Twitter
- The three events SpongeBob had to attend for his friends:
- Help Sandy present her new invention to scientists. (a cloning machine)
- Help Mr. Krabs build a telescope.
- Attend Patrick's birthday party.
- This is the third time an apology cake is shown; the first is in "Squidville" and the second is in "Good Neighbors."
- There are three online games based on this episode. They are: Tasty Pastry Party, Sandy's Sponge Stacker, and Krab's Astrolab. Tasty Pastry Party is based on Patrick's birthday party, Sandy's Sponge Stacker is based on the cloning machine, and Krab's Astrolab is based on the telescope.
- This is Sandy's only major role in season 6.
- The store called "Tom's Toolery" is a play on the phrase "Tom Foolery."
- When SpongeBob puts his hand on his head, it's in front of his head. When SpongeBob leans back, his hand is on top of his head, but when he leans forward, it's in front of his head again.
- When SpongeBob walks into the kitchen, Squidward is not seen at the register.
- When Patrick came into the Krusty Krab, SpongeBob took the patty that landed on his head, in his pants. In the next shot, it was gone.
- In this episode, Mr. Krabs kept his first dollar in a jar, but in "Wet Painters" and "Friend or Foe," he has it on a picture frame, and in most other episodes, he keeps it in a safe, along with the Krabby Patty secret formula.
- The Tom's Toolery sign says please 'Call' again. How can one call if they are coming into the shop?
- When Patrick's house first opens, his party hat is red; in the next scene, his party hat changes to purple.
- When Sandy says "Without further delay, I shall initiate proto-sequence," her tail is missing.
- When SpongeBob first enters Patrick's rock house (with the drill), his left hand gets stuck between the wall and floor, as if the rock closed on him, implying that the rock was hollow and they were inside it, even though the walls were straight, and in every other episode, the rock is solid.
- When SpongeBob uses the piece of gown he was wearing, for Sandy's experiment, to wrap the drill, there is a spot where SpongeBob tore the gown, but in the next scene, the gown looks normal.
- When SpongeBob is inside Sandy's treedome, bubbles accompany his fast actions even though there is no water in there.
- If one looks closely when SpongeBob is naked, his yellow legs have tan lines on them.
- Sandy says her device can give the person the productivity of up to 8 workers but the knob only goes up to three. So she should've said it gives the person the productivity of up to four workers.
- There are two Sadies in this episode.
- When SpongeBob falls asleep at the very end of the episode, one of his hands are inside his water helmet.
- In one scene when SpongeBob is given the gown, he is wearing a tuxedo. But in the next shot, he is wearing the gown. It may have been possible he took off the tuxedo.
- Sandy says inorganic things cannot be cloned. However, the fact SpongeBob's water helmet is copied means she lied.