- Fish on Everybody Aplomb Now
- Squidward Tentacles
- Frankie Billy
- Nat Peterson
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Sandy Cheeks
- Mrs. Puff
- Monroe Timmy
- Debbie Rechid
- Talking Underwear
- Frank the Goldfish
- Norma Rechid
- Harold "Bill" Reginald
- Frank the Red-Shirt-Wearing Fish
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Old Man Jenkins
- Shelly Fishbowl
- Tina Fran
- Officer John Slugfish
- Officer Rob Johnson
- Human police officer (debut)
At the Krusty Krab, the customers are very hungry. Squidward asks SpongeBob why the orders are not ready yet. SpongeBob explains that he is practicing for an oral report that he must do for boating school. Squidward says that "public speaking" causes stress, but then SpongeBob explains how he is good at "public speaking." SpongeBob then walks out, ready to give the customers their orders, and gets scared because they are acting zombie-like.
SpongeBob then realizes that he has stage fright. The customers start fighting for the single order as Squidward is beaten up after trying to give a customer his order, which makes SpongeBob even more frightened. It then cuts to Patrick's rock. Patrick opens it, only to realize he has the wrong rock, but SpongeBob pulls him in. SpongeBob asks Patrick to help him practice by listening to his speech. SpongeBob has to practice if he wants to pass then he has to give the report.
SpongeBob begins to become very nervous, and Patrick decides that SpongeBob should see Sandy for help. Sandy gives SpongeBob a pair of underwear with goggles on it, so SpongeBob can see people in their underwear so he will not feel nervous.
The next day, SpongeBob is next to do his oral report and then he gets nervous. SpongeBob asks Patrick for the goggles, and he gives SpongeBob the goggles while accidentally breaking them in the process after polishing them. Billy tells him to hurry up, and SpongeBob sees him in his underwear, he is relieved. Then he sees the whole class in their underwear. SpongeBob begins laughing and Mrs. Puff asks him why. SpongeBob sees Mrs. Puff's underwear and starts laughing even harder. SpongeBob begins reading his report but the goggles malfunction and everybody's underwear start angrily telling him to get on with it. SpongeBob screams and runs away, he drives Mrs. Puff's boat, and Patrick and Mrs. Puff chase him. The police notice that SpongeBob ran a stop light and chase after him. SpongeBob then crashes through various buildings. The police question if he knows about "boating safety" and SpongeBob goes through a long explanation of "boating safety." The police start crying and say it is beautiful. Mrs. Puff says that SpongeBob will have to go to jail and she will not have to teach him anymore. The police explain how she was the one who taught him and they take her to jail, much to her dismay. After this, Patrick is happy that SpongeBob conquered his fear, and puts on the underwear glasses. He notices that SpongeBob's underwear starts talking angrily to him, so he runs away, ending the episode.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Unknown Track 2 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Unknown Track 29 - opening
‣ Sailor's Sting 10 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["I'm practicing my oral report for boating school."]
‣ Frankenstein's Niece (a) - Gregor F. Narholz [customers acting like zombies]
‣ Evil Apparition [#23] - Harry Lubin [customers attack Squidward]
‣ Clumsy (a) - Bernd Gesell [Patrick comes home]
‣ Tipsy Turvy - Phil Green [SpongeBob trying to practice his speech/Patrick looks closely SpongeBob.]
‣ Deadline - Sam Spence ["You gotta be ready."]
‣ Attack - Tony Hymas [Patrick throwing pillows at SpongeBob]
‣ Steel Sting (c) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Nobody throws pillows in class!"]
‣ Horlepiep - Jan Rap [Patrick dressed as Mrs. Puff]
‣ Steel Sting (e) - Jeremy Wakefield ["A detention slip?!"]
‣ Pell-Mell - Sam Spence [SpongeBob on a treadmill/"Speech! Speech! Speech!..."]
‣ Unknown Track 7 - SpongeBob nervous
‣ Steel Sting (r) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob cries]
‣ Animal Antics [#45] - Phil Green [SpongeBob decides to see Sandy]
‣ Fooling Around - Barry Anthony [Sandy explains how to get rid of stage fright]
‣ Horlepiep - Jan Rap [boating school the next day]
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield ["...SpongeBob SquarePants."]
‣ House of Horror - W. Merrick Farran [SpongeBob nervous/The students angrily stare at SpongeBob.]
‣ Steel Sting (j) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Mrs. Puff, do I really have to do this?"]
‣ Drama Link (c) - Hubert Clifford ["My report is on..."]
‣ Footsteps of Horror - W. Merrick Farran [SpongeBob shaking]
‣ Lite Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Patrick gives SpongeBob the goggles]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Mrs. Puff in underwear]
‣ The Jitters - Raymond C. Jones [goggles break]
‣ Slide Whistle Song - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob hallucinates mad pairs of underwear and gets away]
‣ Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr [cops]
‣ Slide Whistle Song - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob crashes into a wall]
‣ Proud to be a Fish - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob gives his speech]
‣ Steel Sting (k) - Jeremy Wakefield ["That was beautiful."]
‣ Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr [Mrs. Puff arrested]
‣ Unknown Track 2 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- As of September 30, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 6.7/10 based on 97 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 8.0/10 based on 111 votes.
- The title card for this episode looks similar to the title card of "Frankendoodle," as they are both on paper.
- This is the second episode where SpongeBob appears on a title card, as a drawing. The first time was in "What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?"
- This is the second episode where someone impersonates Mrs. Puff. In this episode's case, it's Patrick. The first was SpongeBob in the episode "Gone."
- This is the third episode where Patrick appears as a female. The first was "That's No Lady," and the second was "Love That Squid."
- This is the sixth episode where Mrs. Puff goes to jail. The first was "Hall Monitor," the second was "No Free Rides," the third was "Doing Time," the fourth was "Ditchin'," and the fifth was "Summer Job."
- It is interesting to note several similarities between this episode and "Hall Monitor":
- If one would look closely right when the customers at the Krusty Krab are beating up Squidward, his hat appears flying through the window into the kitchen where SpongeBob is.
- This episode premiered one year after "The Play's the Thing" premiered and SpongeBob's Boating Bash was released in Europe.
- This episode premiered in Canada twelve years after the premiere of "Texas" and "Walking Small," ten years after the premiere of "The Algae's Always Greener" and "SpongeGuard on Duty," and two years after "A Day Without Tears" premiered.
- In Croatian dub, the episode's name is "Strah od Izlaganja" translating to "Fear of Presentation."
- Sandy tells SpongeBob he has a bad case of 'Oral Report-itis'. Itis is a suffix used to describe swelling symptoms in people. This happens in "Squiditis" when Squidward fakes 'Squid's Disease', as well as "Squid Baby" when Purple Doctorfish diagnoses Squidward with 'Head go boom boom-itis'.
- This chase scene in this episode with Mrs. Puff, Patrick and the police chasing after SpongeBob is similar to the video game Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit.
- Patrick throwing pillows at SpongeBob while teaching him is similar to the Big Time Rush episode "Big Time Blogger" where Mr. Fong throws bread at the BTR group while teaching them.
- Squidward's Krusty Krab employee hat was missing when the episode began, but in the next shot, he had it on his head.
- After Squidward asks SpongeBob to take orders from the customers, the index cards on the grill were gone.
- When Patrick is wearing Mrs. Puff's clothes, it should not have been too small for him because they should be able to stretch because of Mrs. Puff's ability to expand in size.
- In one scene when Patrick was yelling at SpongeBob, he is a different shade of yellow.
- SpongeBob's hand is seen pulling off the guy's clothes when it should be Sandy's in that scene.
- When SpongeBob begins shaking, Mrs. Puff's spots are missing.
- The clock on top of the purple poster behind the students was there in one scene, but then disappears in another.
- It's unknown how SpongeBob could have driven Mrs. Puff's boatmobile without the key. Mrs. Puff's boatmobile is shown to use a key for starting up the boat in "Summer Job."
- Monroe is shown in the classroom and then during the chase scene, he is now on a bench with Norma.