"No Nose Knows" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season six. In this episode, Patrick wants a nose.
Squidward gets home, and SpongeBob and Patrick are in Squidward's flowers. Patrick is upset when Squidward says he has no nose. Patrick picks up a hermit crab shell, thinking it is his nose but it then bites him. SpongeBob and Patrick are then walking around town where Patrick says all of his friends have noses. SpongeBob suggests he should have plastic surgery. After the surgery, Patrick uses machines to remove the bandages of his nose and smells perfume, pasteries, Squidward's second purchase of flowers, and more good smells. However, he smells bad onion rings and a dumpster that chases him but when he gets home he discovers how messy his house is. So, in 48 hours, Patrick cleans his rock up with a spray and a brush. SpongeBob and Squidward walk by, and Patrick smells more bad smells. He smells imported cheese, and puts a mask on to get it away.
Squidward tells him that it's suppose to smell like that. It then cuts to SpongeBob at his house lifting weights, when Patrick comes by and makes SpongeBob drop the weight. He plugs up SpongeBob's holes so no one will smell it. Patrick then goes to the Krusty Krab and where he puts scented candles at each table and sprays it with air freshener. Mr. Krabs is angry about that because his customers are leaving. Patrick sprays Sandy with the freshener, causing Mr. Krabs to get SpongeBob, Squidward and Sandy to the Krusty Krab.
He says that Patrick's new nose is very troublesome. The guys think about torturing him, but SpongeBob said that it not Patrick's fault. At first, they where confused and SpongeBob explains that it's the nose that causing him to act like this since his grandmother alway tells him "Punish the nose, not the man". He suggests they should use a garbage ball so his nose will shrink and fall off. The plan works, but Patrick is very sad because all he wanted was to smell like everyone else. They bury the nose, and SpongeBob is also sad. Squidward says he doesn't care one thing about the nose. He also says that pink moron will leave them alone and then Patrick says "I heard that", with large ears.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
• ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ A Jolly Jaunt (a) - Dick Stephen Walter [Squidward comes home]
‣ Tympup A - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy [Squidward screams]
• ? - Nicolas Carr [Squidward screams]
‣ ? ["SpongeBob, would you please find your own flowers to sniff?"]
‣ Dramatic Impact 2 - Ivor Slaney [Patrick realizes he doesn't have a nose]
• Drowsy Reef - Jeremy Wakefield, Sage Guyton [Patrick's sad]
• ? - Jeremy Wakefield ["I got it... right here!"]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford [hermit crab]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill ["I guess I'll always be a noseless freak."]
‣ Alekoki - Kapono Beamer ["It's not so abnormal to be noseless."]
‣ ? ["I can do that?"]
‣ Happy Choo Choo (a) - Otto Sieben [wall of noses]
‣ ? ["All right, Patrick, let's unveil the new schnoz."]
‣ Evil Mind 8 - Dick de Benedictis ["Wait, stop, careful, SpongeBob!"]
• ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick tearing off the bandages]
‣ ? ["There it is, Patrick!"]
• ? - Jeremy Wakefield ["Well, I've got to go to work now."]
• Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [Patrick smells something]
‣ Fantasy Princess - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Pastries? I never knew they smelled so good!"]
• ? - Nicolas Carr [Patrick sighs]
‣ Hawaiian Beauty - Lionel Wendling [Patrick smelling things]
• ? - Nicolas Carr ["What is that horrible smell?"]
‣ Drama Link (b) - Hubert Clifford [Patrick screams]
‣ The Jitters - Raymond C. Jones [dumpster]
‣ From the Dead - Ronald Hanmer [Patrick runs home]
• ? - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick sits down]
‣ House of Horror - W. Merrick Farran ["Bad smells are all around me!"]
‣ Sea Battle - John Fox [Patrick cleans his house]
‣ Fighting Legions A - Gregor F. Narholz [48 hours later]
‣ Heavy Fight - Gerhard Trede ["Oh, the smells! They're everywhere!"]
• Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [imported cheese]
‣ Battle March Link (a) - Keith Mansfield ["This is inexcusable! Yuck!"]
‣ Death and Destruction 1 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["It's rotten garbage now."]
• ? - Jeremy Wakefield ["That was my cheese."]
‣ The Creature B - Gregor F. Narholz ["[screams] That smell again!"]
‣ Steve's March - Sam Spence [SpongeBob lifting weights]
‣ ? [Patrick plugs SpongeBob's pores]
‣ Alien Spacecraft A - Gregor F. Narholz ["Smells like... something greasy."]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band [Krusty Krab exterior]
‣ Wild Panic - Gregor F. Narholz [Patrick puts scented candles on all the tables]
‣ Prologue of a Drama No. 9 - Hans Conzelmann, Delle Haensch [customers leaving]
‣ What Shall We Do with the Drunken Sailor - Okko Bekker* ["Why, I got a good mind to..."]
‣ Dramatic Impact 3 - Ivor Slaney [Sandy's tail]
• ? - Nicolas Carr ["Take a bath, fleabag!"]
‣ The Dreadnought Tea Clipper (b) - Tim Laycock, Robert Alexander White ["I've asked ye all here because we all face a similar problem."]
• ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Let's give him what for!"]
‣ Wargames Linking Section (f) - Keith Mansfield ["Not now, boy!"]
‣ Armies on the Move - Richard Myhill ["It's the new nose that has betrayed us."]
‣ Imminent Action - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [giant ball of garbage]
‣ Footsteps of Horror - W. Merrick Farran [Patrick's nose shrivels up]
• ? - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick's nose disintegrates/Patrick runs away crying]
‣ ? ["Here lies the nose of Patrick Star, RIP."]
‣ Thoughts of Summer - Philippe Pares ["All Patrick wanted was to be like the rest of us."]
‣ Tympup A - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy [Patrick with huge ears]
• ? - Nicolas Carr [Patrick with huge ears]
*removed from APM site
- Mr. Krabs' nose sensitivity is mentioned for the first time.
- In The Battle of Bikini Bottom, Patrick had the ability to grow a nose, and was shown to have a small nosehole in Wet Painters. He could even smell without a nose, as seen in Rock-a-Bye Bivalve (although, contradictory, he had no sense of smell in Something Smells).
- The Nose-N-Things shop that Patrick had his nose attached to at, looks like a face. Ironically it has a nose on the front of the building.
- The wall of noses doesn't look like it could fit into the Nose-N-Things building.
- The title card background is the stink ball SpongeBob made to get rid of Patrick's nose.
- The giant garbage ball on the title card and in the episode looks like Patrick's nasty giant ball of gum from the episode The Gift of Gum, but made of garbage instead of gum.
- The smells that bothered Patrick were:
- Rotten onion rings
- Garbage bin
- The smell of his house
- Squidward's cheese
- SpongeBob's sweaty holes
- The smell of the Krusty Krab
- The garbage ball.
- The plot of this episode is almost similar to the Rocko's Modern Life (another Nickelodeon show and Stephen Hillenburg project) episode "Nothing to Sneeze At" where Bev Bighead gets amphibial blothal bloaticitis and gets a nose transplanted on and enjoys every smell but can't stand the smell of Ed. (Incidentally, that episode was co-written and directed by Mr. Lawrence).
- The episode's title is a reference to the tongue-twister No nose knows snow like a snowman's nose knows.
- Fred is first seen as a blue fish with a kid's voice. When he appears is the Krusty Krab later on, he is a darker shade of blue with his manly voice. This was a likely error.
- When Patrick sprays air freshener on Sandy underwater, she chokes, even though Sandy is wearing her helmet.