- Squidward Tentacles
- Nautical Mart employee (mentioned)
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Hermit crab (debut)
- Harold "Bill" Reginald
- Susie Rechid
- Frank (citizen)
- Norma Rechid
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Plastic surgeon (debut)
- Fred (normal; blue)
- Nat Peterson
- Evelyn (blue)
- French narrator
- Frank (red shirt)
- Tina Fran
- Shelly Fishbowl
- Monroe Timmy
- Ivy (gray)
- Dennis (citizen)
- Frankie Billy
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Nathiel Waters
- Sandy Cheeks
- Grandma SquarePants (mentioned)
SynopsisSquidward gets home, and SpongeBob and Patrick are in Squidward's flowers. Patrick is upset when Squidward says he has no nose. Patrick picks up a hermit crab shell, thinking it is his nose but it then bites him. SpongeBob and Patrick are then walking around town where Patrick says all of his friends have noses. SpongeBob suggests he should have plastic surgery at Noses 'n Things.
After the surgery, Patrick uses machines to remove the bandages of his nose and smells perfume, pastries, Squidward's second purchase of flowers, and more good smells. However, he smells bad onion rings and a dumpster that chases him, but when he gets home, he discovers how messy his house is. So, in 48 hours, Patrick cleans his rock up with a spray and a brush. SpongeBob and Squidward walk by, and Patrick smells more bad smells. He smells imported cheese and puts a mask on to get it away.
Squidward tells him that it's supposed to smell like that. It then cuts to SpongeBob at his house lifting weights, when Patrick comes by and makes SpongeBob drop the weights. He plugs up SpongeBob's sweaty holes so no one will smell the sweat. Patrick then goes to the Krusty Krab, where he puts scented candles at each table and sprays the restaurant with air freshener. Mr. Krabs is angry about that because his customers are leaving. Patrick sprays Sandy with the freshener, causing Mr. Krabs to schedule a meeting with SpongeBob, Squidward, and Sandy at the Krusty Krab.
He says that Patrick's new nose is very troublesome. The guys think about torturing him, but SpongeBob says that it's not Patrick's fault. At first, they are confused, until SpongeBob explains that it's the new nose that's causing him to act like this, since his grandmother always tells him, "Punish the nose, not the man."
He suggests they should use a garbage ball so that his nose will shrink and fall off. The plan works, but Patrick is heartbroken because all he wanted was to smell like everyone else and runs off crying. They bury the nose, and SpongeBob is also sad. Squidward says he doesn't care one thing about the nose. He also says that pink moron will leave them alone and then Patrick says, "I heard that," with large human ears.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Tentically Speaking - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ A Jolly Jaunt (a) - Dick Stephen Walter [Squidward comes home]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Squidward screams]
‣ Boring Morning - Nicolas Carr, Steve Marston [Squidward tells SpongeBob to find his own flowers to sniff]
‣ Dramatic Impact 2 - Ivor Slaney [Patrick realizes he doesn't have a nose]
‣ Drowsy Reef - Jeremy Wakefield, Sage Guyton [Patrick's sad]
‣ Steel Link (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I got it... right here!"]
‣ Steel Link (c) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick run out of Squidward's house]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford [hermit crab]
‣ Hawaiian Link (b) - Richard Myhill ["I guess I'll always be a noseless freak."]
‣ Alekoki - Kapono Beamer [SpongeBob tries to make Patrick feel better about his abnormality]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["I can do that?"]
‣ Happy Choo Choo (a) - Otto Sieben [wall of noses]
‣ ? ["All right, Patrick, let's unveil the new schnoz."]
‣ Evil Mind 8 - Dick de Benedictis ["Wait, stop, careful, SpongeBob!"]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick tearing off the bandages]
‣ Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr ["There it is, Patrick!"]
‣ Steel Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob goes off to work]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [Patrick smells something]
‣ Fantasy Princess [#50] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Pastries? I never knew they smelled so good!"]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Patrick sighs]
‣ Hawaiian Beauty - Lionel Wendling [Patrick smelling things]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["What is that horrible smell?"]
‣ Drama Link (b) - Hubert Clifford [Patrick screams]
‣ The Jitters - Raymond C. Jones [dumpster]
‣ From the Dead - Ronald Hanmer [Patrick runs home]
‣ Steel Sting (c) - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick sits down]
‣ House of Horror - W. Merrick Farran ["Bad smells are all around me!"]
‣ Sea Battle [#48] - John Fox [Patrick cleans his house]
‣ Fighting Legions (a) - Gregor F. Narholz [48 hours later]
‣ Heavy Fight - Gerhard Trede ["Oh, the smells! They're everywhere!"]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [imported cheese]
‣ Battle March Link (a) - Keith Mansfield ["This is inexcusable! Yuck!"]
‣ Death and Destruction 1 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["It's rotten garbage now."]
‣ Steel Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["That was my cheese."]
‣ The Creature (b) - Gregor F. Narholz ["[screams] That smell again!"]
‣ Steve's March - Sam Spence [SpongeBob lifting weights]
‣ Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Patrick plugs SpongeBob's pores]
‣ Alien Spacecraft (a) - Gregor F. Narholz ["Smells like... something greasy."]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band [Krusty Krab exterior]
‣ Wild Panic 30 - Gregor F. Narholz [Patrick puts scented candles on all the tables]
‣ Prologue of a Drama #9 - Hans Conzelmann, Delle Haensch [customers leaving]
‣ What Shall We Do with the Drunken Sailor - Okko Bekker ["Why, I got a good mind to..."]
‣ Dramatic Impact 3 - Ivor Slaney [Sandy's tail]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["Take a bath, fleabag!"]
‣ The Dreadnought Tea Clipper (b) - Tim Laycock, Robert Alexander White ["I've asked ye all here because we all face a similar problem."]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Let's give him what for!"]
‣ Wargames Linking Section (f) - Keith Mansfield ["Not now, boy!"]
‣ Armies on the Move - Richard Myhill ["It's the new nose that has betrayed us."]
‣ Imminent Action - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [giant ball of garbage]
‣ Footsteps of Horror - W. Merrick Farran [Patrick's nose shrivels up]
‣ Steel Sting (f) - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick's nose disintegrates]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick runs away crying]
‣ Unknown Track 25 - Nicolas Carr [Grave of Patrick's nose]
‣ Thoughts of Summer - Philippe Pares ["All Patrick wanted was to be like the rest of us."]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob vs. The Big One, Season 6 Volume 1, and Complete Sixth Season DVDs.
- As of August 14, 2016, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 7.2/10 based on 103 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 4.9/10 based on 29 votes.
- The title card background is the stink ball SpongeBob makes to get rid of Patrick's nose.
- The giant garbage ball on the title card and in the episode looks like Patrick's giant ball of gum from the episode "The Gift of Gum," but made of garbage instead of gum.
- In "The Battle of Bikini Bottom," Patrick can grow a nose and is shown to have a small nostril in "Wet Painters" and "That's No Lady." He could even smell without a nose, as seen in "Rock-a-Bye Bivalve" (contradictory, he had no sense of smell in "Something Smells").
- The Noses 'n Things shop that Patrick had his nose attached at looks like a face. It has a nose on the front of the building.
- This episode takes place after "A Flea in Her Dome" because Patrick calls Sandy a "fleabag," which indicates he knows what fleas are.
- The smells that bothered Patrick were:
- Rotten onion rings
- Garbage bin
- The smell of his house
- Squidward's cheese
- SpongeBob's sweaty holes
- The smell of the Krusty Krab
- The garbage ball
- The end of this episode indicates that Patrick never had ears before undergoing plastic surgery to get them. However, in "Bummer Vacation," he is shown actually to have ears.
- It is likely that this episode takes place before that one.
- Mr. Krabs' nose sensitivity is mentioned for the first time.
- This is the second episode in which Patrick is called "Pinhead." The first is "Survival of the Idiots," in which SpongeBob calls him "Pinhead Larry."
- However, this time it is Squidward who calls him it.
- In Arabic, this episode is called "لا يعرف الأنف," which translates to "It does not know the nose."
- The episode's title is a reference to the tongue-twister "No nose knows snow like a snowman's nose knows."
- The plot of this episode is similar to the Rocko's Modern Life (another Nickelodeon show and Stephen Hillenburg project) episode "Nothing to Sneeze At," where Bev Bighead gets amphibial blothal bloaticitis, gets a nose transplanted on, and enjoys every smell but cannot stand the smell of Ed.
- The large wall of noses does not look like it could fit into the Noses 'n Things building.
- Fred's lips are out of sync when he says, "Well, I guess I won't be eating those..."
- When Fred first appears at Bikini Bottom Bakery as blue, he has a female voice. When Fred appears inside the Krusty Krab later in the episode, he has a man's voice.
- He also has a voice of Mr. Krabs at the Krusty Krab.
- When Patrick sprays air freshener on Sandy underwater, she chokes, even though Sandy is wearing her helmet.
- The SpongeBob in the mind bubble says, "Come on, SpongeBob, be a man!" However, SpongeBob says, "Come on SquarePants be a man!" instead of "SpongeBob" when he excercises.
- Characters have little differences in height next to each other in different shots.
- When Patrick says, "The scent! Nobody told me about bad smells," the closed captions read "Sick! Nobody told me about bad smells."