- Patrick Star
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Orange Kid
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Tourists (debut)
- Harold "Bill" Reginald
- Fred (normal; blue)
- Nat Peterson
- Purple Fish
- Abigail Marge
- Frank the Red-Shirt-Wearing Fish
- Frank the Lifeguard
- Frankie Billy
- Nathiel Waters
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Jimmy Gus
- Norma Rechid
- Susie Rechid
- French Narrator
- Jennifer Millie
- Martha Smith
- Old Man Jenkins
- Vera Fishbowl
- Medley Fishbowl
One day, Patrick is sleeping right outside of SpongeBob's house. He wakes up to go jellyfishing, only to discover that SpongeBob is wearing his Krusty Krab hat. He knows that means he has to work. He then discovers that Squidward had a hat too. In displeasure, he promises that he was going to get a job, and a hat, so he goes off.
At the Krusty Krab, Mr. Krabs is watching for customers and then he spots a group of tourists which he wants to serve some Krabby Patties, but he could not catch them, so he thinks of ideas to catch them next time they come around, he then bumps into Patrick, who he hires to stand outside and lure in tourists. He is also promised to have a hat afterwards.
SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs watch as Patrick directs customers the wrong way, and sometimes pays no attention, Mr. Krabs goes out to show him the proper way to lure in customers, but he fails too, but in the end he receives his hat, only to fall down for anonymous reasons. SpongeBob asks him what is wrong, and he supposed that he is nervous, he falls and falls, he lures in customers, and the tourists by doing this, and they say, that's that kind of mindlessness they pay money to see! so Mr. Krabs decides to make Patrick the main attraction at the Krusty Krab, and hosts a show with Patrick as the star, but the customers soon are ran off by Squidward, trying to entertain them, of course thinking that they are uncultured, as he plays the clarinet and roams around the Krusty Krab, so the customers got out of there. The customers continue to watch Patrick, but it gets old, but then Mr. Krabs starts to think of more painful ways to make Patrick fall, and it brings them back. SpongeBob tries to convince Patrick to stop falling for enjoyment, but Patrick says the hat promotes him and he wants to keep doing his job, so SpongeBob agrees.
The next day, he is going to fall into a bucket of spiky sea urchins, and he takes his hat off so it will not get damaged, but he then finds himself stuck on the edge. SpongeBob tries to
stop him, but he falls, right on top of Squidward, who tries to push him. And as Patrick was falling, he explained that he only fell because the hat made him top-heavy. The customers attack Mr. Krabs and steal all of their money back because no-one was hurt. Mr. Krabs then takes the hat back from Patrick, blaming him for it, saying that as long as he stands, he will never wear the hat again. Patrick then leaves the Krusty Krab and goes home sad. In the epilogue, SpongeBob cheers Patrick up, and tells him he can wear his hat anytime he pleases, and so they go back to their normal lives.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Cream Pie - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick upset that SpongeBob has to go to work]
‣ Steel Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, no! He's got the hat too!"]
‣ Botany Bay - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [at the Krusty Krab]
‣ Steel Link (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [tourists taking pictures]
‣ Steel Sting (e) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Come back!"]
‣ Tympup (a) - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy [Patrick standing around]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [Krabs gets an idea]
‣ Sailor's Sting 8 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["How would you like a job, Patrick?"]
‣ Cartoon Sting 1 - Patrick holding the sign incorrectly
‣ Sailor's Sting 8 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Patrick, you need to get their attention."]
‣ Steel Sting (a) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Anything for my new hat!"]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick twirling the sign.]
‣ Steel Sting (c) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I did it!"]
‣ Fanfare (b) - Nicolas Carr [Krabs gives Patrick a hat]
‣ The Pollywog Strut - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Patrick keeps falling]
‣ Captain Lenoe's - Michael Arthur, Colin Cater, Mick Graves, The Folk Players, Sarah Graves, Simon Ritchie [The Falling Fool]
‣ ? - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Squidward playing clarinet]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Where'd he go?"]
‣ Dingles Regatta - Brian Peters ["Now get back to work, the all of yous!"]
‣ Sailor's Sting 14 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [seven hours later]
‣ Ta-Ra (a) - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy ["What if I added a box?"]
‣ Ta-Ra (b) - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy ["What if he flopped from two boxes..."]
‣ Ta-Ra (c) - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy ["...into a cream pie?"]
‣ Kerry Polka - Brian Peters [everyone pays]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield ["I feel like a million bucks."]
‣ Drama Link (e) - Hubert Clifford ["Patrick, are you all right?"]
‣ Fates [#61] - Gregor F. Narholz ["No! Please don't tell Mr. Krabs!"]
‣ Blue Tide - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["I'm worried about Patrick."]
‣ Entry of the Gladiators - Dick Stephen Walter ["See the part-time minimum wage employee fall from high atop this tower!"]
‣ Zampano's Waltz - Florence Caillon, Xavier Demerliac [Patrick not falling]
‣ Clowns - Dick Stephen Walter [Squidward and Patrick falling]
‣ Cream Pie - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [everyone takes their money back]
‣ The Drunken Sailor - "All right, you leave me no choice."
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick is fired]
‣ Puka B - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [epilogue]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob's Last Stand, Season 6 Volume 2, and Complete Sixth Season DVDs.
- As of February 12, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 6.8/10 based on 120 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a 8.2/10 based on 106 votes.
- There are 10 pineapples on the title card.
- Squidward breaks the fourth wall by saying, "I hate everyone." and looking directly at the viewers while he is saying it.
- This is the second time that there is an epilogue. The first was in "Slimy Dancing."
- This episode was available on Demand before it aired on TV.
- This episode aired in July 2009, during the The Ultimate SpongeBob Sponge Bash.
- This is the third episode where Mr. Krabs tells Patrick he's fired. The first was in "Arrgh!" and the second was in "That's No Lady."
- This episode aired two years before "Drive Thru" would premiere, and five years before "Picture Day" would premiere in Poland.
- The title card background for this episode is similar to one used in "Le Big Switch."
- This is the second time the Chum Bucket is shown without Plankton. The first was in Slide Whistle Stooges.
- Patrick tricking Squidward into diving for him is similar to the 1948 Bugs Bunny cartoon High Diving Hare.
- When the two fish pay five dollars to see Patrick fall, the woman hands Mr. Krabs four bills. However, when Mr. Krabs charges five dollars to the tourists, they only hand him one bill. This is portrayed many times during the episode. When Mr. Krabs collects money in the Krusty Krab, they hand in three bills. Then during the end of the episode, they hand him one bill again.
- When SpongeBob and Squidward leave to go to the Krusty Krab, they go to the left instead of the right.
- In this episode, the Krusty Krab hat makes Patrick lose his balance and fall, but in several previous episodes, Patrick is seen wearing the Krusty Krab hat but did not lose his balance.
- In this episode, no one is afraid of the sea urchins, but in "Eek, an Urchin!," everybody is scared of them.
- In few scenes, Harold's eyebrows are missing.