- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Eugene H. Krabs
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Robot Krabs (cameo)
- Seal Toy (debut)
- Fortune teller (debut)
SynopsisPlankton gives up his restaurant and turns it into a souvenir shop that sells knick-knacks. Mr. Krabs does not believe this, and he tries to lure Plankton out. It fails, and Mr. Krabs decides to go into the store himself. He then confronts Plankton, and, in a rage, he destroys many of Plankton's items. Finally, Mr. Krabs realizes that Plankton is telling the truth about his surrender and walks away in shame.
Later, Mr. Krabs calls Plankton, apologizes for what he did, and he takes Plankton to a carnival. After having so much fun, Mr. Krabs decides to share the secret Krabby Patty formula with Plankton. Plankton refuses to take it, but eventually, Krabs talks him into taking the paper.
The scene fades to black, but after a few minutes, Plankton pops out and laughs in an evil manner with the formula held above him. Plankton reveals that the knick-knack store was a trick to get the formula and that he was actually lying all along. He prepares to read the formula, but it is revealed to be a note that says: "Gotcha! - ♥ Krabs" Mr. Krabs arrives and explains that he knew that he was lying and that Plankton he had fooled him with a bigger scheme. The episode ends with Plankton screaming in anger and frustration.
This section is too short. You can help the Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Puka A - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Taps - Plankton waving a truce flag
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band ["I wonder what form of trickery is up his sleeve this time."]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["What is this?"]
‣ Hawaiian Flower - Jon Jelmer ["I'm through competing with you!"]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [inside the Chum Bucket]
‣ Tomfoolery - David Snell [box of knickknacks]
‣ Steel Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield ["What's going on, Mr. Krabs?"]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob's eyes peeled]
‣ Ta-Ra (a) - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy [Chumporium opened]
‣ Unknown Track 48 - "I have a feeling I'm gonna like this new life of novelty items."
‣ Furtive Footsteps - Paddy Kingsland [snow globe]
‣ Against the Law (b) - Wilfred William Burns [Krabs going paranoid]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [DJ system]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["Let's party!"]
‣ MC DJ SquarePants - Nicolas Carr [dance music]
‣ Heavy Footsteps (a) - Paddy Kingsland ["Come on, buddy, let's get some shuteye."]
‣ Housewives Choice - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Krabs enters the Chumporium]
‣ Background Blues - Otto Sieben ["I get it, you caught me red-handed."]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Wait, did you say... no?"]
‣ Six Powerful Cues (f) - Wilfred William Burns [Krabs destroying knickknacks]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [Plankton's upset]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["What's this?"]
‣ Fates [#61] - Gregor F. Narholz ["Can't you understand I've wasted so much time chasing after you?"]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Plankton taking a shower]
‣ Kamakani (b) - Kapono Beamer [Krabs on the phone]
‣ Friends and Neighbours - Alan Hawkshaw [montage of Krabs and Plankton together]
‣ The Dreadnought Tea Clipper (b) - Tim Laycock, Robert Alexander White ["That was truly amazing, Plank, old buddy."]
‣ Tearjerker [#77] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Krabs gives Plankton the formula]
‣ Zelle 502 - Gerhard Trede ["Yeah, baby! This is it!"]
‣ ? [I gotta you]
‣ Clownfish Capers - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is available on the Karate Island, Season 4 Volume 2, Complete Fourth Season, and First 100 Episodes DVDs.
- As of August 11, 2016, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 7.4/10 based on 149 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a 7.9/10 based on 130 votes.
- "New Leaf" was ranked #6 during the Best Day Ever event on November 9–10, 2006.
- This episode aired in Germany on September 10, 2006 which was 12 days before it aired in the United States.
- This episode was available on the Karate Island DVD before it aired on television.
- "Patrick SmartPants" re-aired with this episode when this episode first premiered.
- This is the only time Mr. Krabs shows a room filled with many junk from older episodes.
- Mr. Krabs mentions the episode title when he says "Okay, boys, the coast is clear. Plankton's turned over a New Leaf."
- Mr. Krabs tells Squidward to dance or be fired. Squidward danced with fear, as if he does not want to lose his job. This is odd, because Squidward hates working at the Krusty Krab. This may be a reference to "Can You Spare a Dime?" because he may not have wanted to lose his job again.
- The items sold at The Chumporium include lava lamps, Snow Globes, teddy bears and t-shirts. Plankton also mentioned selling bubblegum.
- This episode foreshadows "Friend or Foe" - Plankton could be referring to the events of this episode when saying "Let's go back to the old days."
- This episode premiered four years after the release of the Employee of the Month video game.
- In Indonesia, the scene when Mr. Krabs shows SpongeBob and Squidward his new DJ tools is almost always skipped due to advertisement.
- Also, the episode usually ends up when Mr. Krabs and Plankton are watching the sunset.
- In the Polish dub, the episode's title is "Nowy rozdział" translating to "New Chapter."
- This episode premiered in Poland on September 20, 2016, which is nearly 10 years since it premiered in the US.
- The scene where Mr. Krabs destroys The Chumporium store is similar to the scene in the movie Falling Down, when protagonist Bill Foster destroys a convenience store.
- The title card music is frozen for a split second when the title card appears. Then it plays as normal.
- When Plankton waves a white flag and tells Mr. Krabs that he has given up the restaurant business, Mr. Krabs thinks there is writing on it and mentions that he is illiterate. However, in other episodes, such as "What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?," he is able to read and write.
- In "Imitation Krabs," Robot Krabs was destroyed in an explosion, but in this episode the robot is seen again in the pile of junk from previous episodes, without a scratch on it.
- It is possible that Plankton rebuilt Robot Krabs.
- Plankton tells a Seal Toy that they need some rest for the next day and Plankton was leaving the Chum Bucket, even though he lives there.
- It's possible that Plankton was staying somewhere else for the night.
- When Mr. Krabs came into the store to talk with Plankton, he is wiping one of his snow-globes with a rag; he puts it down to talk with Mr. Krabs, but it disappears afterwards.
- When Plankton and Mr. Krabs come into the Krusty Krab to talk, Plankton gets on the soda and starts drinking it. However, in the next shot, it is gone.
- When Mr. Krabs and Plankton are playing pool, Plankton knocks in the eight ball and then says, "I guess I won." Technically, knocking in the eight ball in any game of pool means he lost.
- After Plankton opened the "gotcha!" letter, Mr. Krabs bursts through the door of the Chum Bucket. However, the door is transparent with rectangular knobs rather than the usual red with round windows.
- Normally, Plankton's mouth is red, but in this episode, it is purple.
- This was later shown again in "Best Frenemies" and "Friend or Foe." But in "Friend or Foe," it was only for the second half.
- In the closing credits to this episode, Doug Lawrence who voices Sheldon J. Plankton is not credited. Instead, Doug Lawrence voicing Larry the Lobster is credited, even though Larry is not seen or heard in this episode.
- This episode originally had The at the beginning of the title, making the title The New Leaf. It was called "The New Leaf" during the Best Day Ever marathon. It is also called "The New Leaf" on the Nickelodeon schedule.
- Comcast uses this title as well.
- On recent airings of this episode, the description says the name of this episode is "The New Leaf."
- Comcast uses this title as well.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|