"My leg!" is a stock sound effect voiced by Mr. Lawrence that consists of the titular exclamation, and is mostly associated with the character Fred. The effect has been used throughout SpongeBob SquarePants as a running gag, akin to the famous Wilhelm scream.
List of instances
- "Boating School" — SpongeBob crashes a boat into a lighthouse, causing it to fall over, twice.
- "Hall Monitor" — SpongeBob makes all the cars crash together.
- "Culture Shock" — Pearl finishes her act.
- "The Chaperone" — Chaos at the Bikini Bottom High School.
- "Karate Choppers" — SpongeBob beats up Fred.
- "Sleepy Time" — Plankton zaps the town.
- "Suds" — Chaos at the Krusty Krab.
- "Arrgh!" — Mr. Krabs throws Fred out of the Krusty Krab.
- "Walking Small" — SpongeBob spreads sand on people. This is the most nonsensical use of the gag, as Fred only got sand in his eyes, his legs were not damaged in any way.
- "Something Smells" — SpongeBob brings his stench to the band.
- "Wormy" — Chaos in Bikini Bottom comes with Sandy's butterfly.
- "No Free Rides" — Mrs. Puff imagining SpongeBob with the boat.
- "Squid on Strike" — The fish are running to the funfair.
- "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV" — SpongeBob trying to put everyone in the jar.
- "Boat Smarts" — SpongeBob runs over some boaters.
- "Mermaid Man vs. SpongeBob" – Heard faintly as Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy are destroying the Shady Shoals Rest Home.
- "Krusty Krushers" — All the wrestlers except two have been defeated.
- "Shuffleboarding" — The jail explodes.
- "Glove World R.I.P." — A fish says "My leg can't feel me." when he and other fish fall off the glove pole.
- "Squid Baby" — After getting drawn on his face, Nat Peterson says "My face! My face! Also my leg, but mostly my face!" (Mostly mentioned, but not referred)
- "Larry's Gym" — Frankie Billy gets hit with a grill.
- "Lame and Fortune" — A piano falls on Ivy's legs.
- "Pineapple Invasion" — Plankton's fake leg breaks.
- "Mutiny on the Krusty" — A blade goes out in the Krusty Krab.
- "Code Yellow" — After getting run over by SpongeBob, Bikini Bottom Marathon Number Seven screams "My legs!"
- "Larry the Floor Manager" — Fred falls off the treadmill.
- "Pat the Horse" — A kid says "My little leg" when he crashes to the ground after Pat the Horse tosses him off and after the kid gets run over by Pat the Horse.
- "Grandmum's the Word" — Everyone fighting for the krabby patty
- The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water — Mr. Krabs throws a large stone bun and it hits someone offscreen.
- Oddly in seasons 9 and 10, the voice is different then the rest of the series, barring "Culture Shock," "The Chaperone," "Squid on Strike," and "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV."
- It was never used in seasons 4 or 7.
- There's an upcoming season 11 episode of the same name.