"Mutiny on the Krusty" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season nine. In this episode, when a storm blows away the Krusty Krab, an insane Mr. Krabs has to guide his employees and customers back to their homes.
A rip current is hitting Bikini Bottom and everyone is making preparations. Mr. Krabs, who appears to be in a cranky mood, goes to the Krusty Krab and his workers ask if the storm will hit the restaurant. But Mr. Krabs doesn't believe that anyone is in danger and orders them to get to work. The customers ask him if they could go home, but he announces that no one is leaving until they buy something. Then refusing to let people leave until they spend all their money. Buddy calls Mr. Krabs a tyrant, which results in him berating and belittling everyone in the restaurant. SpongeBob wonders why Mr. Krabs is in such a sour mood, with Squidward pointing out that the reason is most likely out of pettiness to the fact that it is "pay day," the day in which he actually must pay his employees. Mr. Krabs then announces that he's 'not' going to pay them, and that he is the captain of the restaurant and everyone has to do what he says or else.
Suddenly, a sunken ship gets its anchor attached to the roof and sends the restaurant hurdling into the rip current, but SpongeBob manages to safely steer the Krusty Krab and save the customers. As SpongeBob steers, Squidward announces that everything is under control. The customers praise him a hero and make him the new captain. Mr. Krabs is offended by this and the customers plan on getting revenge on him for their harsh treatment. SpongeBob stops the feud and lectures them about the good things Mr. Krabs did. The customers come to see that even though Mr. Krabs can be a tyrant, he is still a good person and eventually agree to go easy on him.
However, since there is no one to steer the restaurant, Mr. Krabs is sent flying outside. The customers blame Squidward for losing Mr. Krabs, when all of a sudden, the restaurant flies off course and lands in the middle of a forest. Everything seems safe for everyone and they start to discuss what they should do. However, a horrifying monster comes and starts attacking everyone. SpongeBob asks Squidward to protect the customers since he is the captain, but Squidward claims that he can't fight. The customers insist and take Squidward outside to fight the monster. But once they throw him out, he ends up getting eaten instead.
SpongeBob decides to fight the monster himself until Mr. Krabs unexpectedly arrived. SpongeBob and the customers beg Mr. Krabs to fight the monster, but he selfishly refuses and turns his back on them like a spoiled child. SpongeBob tells Mr. Krabs that if he doesn't save them, then he'll destroy his first dime. After many failed attempts, SpongeBob is about to do the worst thing he can do to his dime: spending it on candy. Mr. Krabs reluctantly agrees that he'll save the customers, but only if they promise to let him be the captain and spend all of their money in the restaurant. Mr. Krabs goes outside and defeats the monster, freeing Squidward in the process. SpongeBob rewards Mr. Krabs for his heroic efforts while Mr. Krabs rewards SpongeBob a pay day for not giving up on him. Squidward and the customers are then forced to pull the Krusty Krab back to Bikini Bottom while SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs sit on the roof.
Vincent Waller confirmed this episode on Twitter on May 17, 2016.
‣ Salty Squid Jig
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
- Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, James King [Title card]
‣ Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [News flash.]
‣ Agitation [#29] - Phil Green [Rip current above Krusty Krab.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (m) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Do you think the rip current will hit the Krusty Krab?"]
‣ Pirate Salute [#13] - Con Ardt [Krabs says there's no danger.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 8 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs won't let anyone leave without spending money.]
‣ Harry the Hippo - Phil Green ["Payday's been canceled!"]
‣ Fierce Fight - Gerhard Trede [The Krusty Krab is swept up into the rip current.]
‣ A Pirate's Life for Me (a) - Ron Goodwin [SpongeBob steers the Krusty Krab.]
‣ Sea Shanty Medley - Phil Green [Squidward assures everyone they're safe.]
‣ Harry the Hippo - Phil Green ["What's the meaning of this?"]
‣ Sailor's Sting 12 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob reminds everyone that Krabs invented the Krabby Patty.]
‣ Dramatic Bridge 4 - Phil Green [Krabs is blown out the door.]
‣ Taps - Customer removes the patty hat.
‣ Rescue - Cecil Milner ["I know you'll come back to us, Mr. Krabs!"]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Until then... I'll leave a dollar in the window for you."]
‣ Agitation Bridge 6 - Phil Green ["It's captain Squidward's fault that we lost the man who invented the Hatty Patty!"]
‣ Agitation Bridge 2 - Phil Green [Everyone blames Squidward.]
‣ Agitation Bridge 6 - Phil Green [Squidward's head gets tangled into the spinning steering wheel.]
‣ Epic Adventure - Dick Walter [Krusty Krab spins around and lands somewhere.]
‣ Sea Battle [#44] - John Fox [Everyone cheers for Squidward.]
‣ Glimmering 38 F#Min - Marcin Pospieszalski ["Whoa, where are we?"]
‣ Glimmering 38 D#Min - Marcin Pospieszalski [A beautiful landscape is shown.]
‣ Unknown Track 21 - "I wonder if there are good places to eat."
‣ Sailor's Sting 7 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob calls the Krusty Krab.]
‣ The Creature (a) - Gregor Narholz [Monster appears at the door.]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob looks for Squidward.]
‣ Sea Battle [#44] - John Fox [Everyone wants Squidward to fight the monster.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (v) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Okay, who had their money on captain Squidward, pay up."]
‣ Superhero Saves the World - Anthony William Flynn ["Well, somebody has to step up, fight that monster and become captain."]
‣ Sea Battle [#48] - John Fox [Krabs crashes through the roof.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 8 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Haven't you forgotten something?"]
‣ Fearing the Worst - Harry Lubin [Krabs refuses to do anything to stop the monster.]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob gets an idea.]
‣ Crime Capers - Carlo Giacco [SpongeBob grabs Krabs' first dime.]
‣ Unknown Track 50 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob struggles to rip the dime apart.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (II) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Well then, I'm gonna do the worst thing I can do to your old dime!"]
‣ Dramatic Cue (e) - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob almost spends Mr. Krabs' first dime.]
‣ A Hero's Story (a) - Gregor Narholz ["All right, everybody, what am I?"]
‣ The Creature (a) - Gregor Narholz [Monster bursts through the door.]
‣ Mr. Swashbuckle - James McConnel [Krabs goes to fight the monster, but he gets eaten.]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Monster coughs up Squidward.)]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward runs into the Krusty Krab.]
‣ Jungle Baby - Hans Ehrlinger [Krabs beats up the monster.]
‣ Bikini Bottom Bound - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending.]
- As of September 29, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 8.7/10 based on 72 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 8.9/10 based on 7 votes.
- The title is based on the criminal conspiracy Mutiny on the Bounty.
- At the beginning of the episode, there is a house and a cow in the current. This is a reference to the movie The Wizard of Oz.
- Sea N. N. is a parody of C.N.N.
- The scenery where SpongeBob, Squidward, and the customers find the monster could be a reference to Rick and Morty.
- When Mr. Krabs is walking after showing the danger meter to SpongeBob and Squidward, but before the customer asks if they are in danger, it disappears even when Mr. Krabs stops walking.
- The news channel is on the TV at the beginning of the episode despite the television is unplugged.
- On DirecTV, this episode is listed as "Season 9, Episode 30" instead of "Season 9, Episode 29" due to an error with "Whirly Brains" and "Mermaid Pants" being listed as "Season 9, Episode 29."