Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The TV series SpongeBob SquarePants contains many vocal songs created specifically for the show. The background music mainly consists of stock tracks from Associated Production Music (which also includes traditional melodies and sea shanties), and special guest music/songs by bands are also often featured in some songs. Some have been borrowed from Ren And Stimpy and were later used on Camp Lazlo.
Music written for the show
On the CDs The Yellow Album, Original Theme Highlights, The SpongeBob SquarePants movie-Music from the Movie and more, and SpongeBob's Greatest Hits. (The Krabby Patty song is featured in episode of season 5)
- Two Christmas themed variations of the main theme were used in "Christmas Who?" and "It's a SpongeBob Christmas!" A Halloween variation, called "SpongeBob Scaredy Pants", was used during the end credits of "Scaredy Pants."
- The theme song variation in "Truth or Square" was sung by Cee lo Green.
- The song "The Best Day Ever" was used in the episode of the same title and re-appeared during the end credits of "The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie."
- Many featured background tracks were also used in The Ren and Stimpy Show.
- An instrumental version of "Now that We're Men" was used in "The Great Snail Race" and "Don't Look Now."
- Bach, Johann Sebastian: Toccata and Fugue in D Minor
- Beethoven, Ludwig van: Beethoven's Sixth Symphony (1st movement)
- Delibes, Léo: Coppelia Ballet Suite Act 1 No 1
- Elgar, Edward: Pomp and Circumstance March No. 1
- Khachaturian, Aram: Saber Dance (from Gayane)
- Mendelssohn, Felix: "Spring Song" (from wikipedia:Songs without Words)
- Mozart, Wolfgang Amadeus: Piano Concerto No. 21 by W. A. Mozart
- Rossini, Gioacchino: The Thieving Magpie Overture, William Tell Overture
- Strauss II, Johann: wikipedia:Blue Danube Waltz
- Tchaikovsky, Pyotr Ilyich: wikipedia:Romeo and Juliet Fantasy Overture, "Russian Dance," "Waltz of the Flowers" (from The Nutcracker), Piano Concerto No. 1 in B-flat minor, Op. 23
Associated production music
- Some other background music was performed by The Blue Hawaiians and The MelTones. These are surf guitar and Hawaiian-themed pieces. "Kung Fu Saturdays" and "Rocket Sled to Oahu" are two such examples of pieces by MelTones used in the show.
- The episode "Help Wanted" features the Tiny Tim song "Livin' in the Sunlight, Lovin' in the Moonlight".
- The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie features the song "Ocean Man" by Ween. It also uses an excerpt from David Lee Roth's "Just a Gigolo" during the "Goofy Goober Rock" sequence.
- Some music was used in the show "Bill Nye The Science Guy" and "The Ren and Stimpy Show".
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|