"Mr. Krabs Takes a Vacation" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season eight. In this episode, Mr. Krabs takes a vacation from work.
The episode starts off with Mr. Krabs showing SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, Sandy, and Pearl a slideshow about his vacation to the Bikini Bottom Mint.
Cuts to flashback, Squidward is about to give out change to a customer but suddenly, Mr. Krabs calls all his employees into his office. In his office, Mr. Krabs says that he will take either Squidward or SpongeBob with him and Pearl on a roadtrip, but then Squidward gets up and leaves (glad that he is closing it down), leaving Mr. Krabs to choose SpongeBob for the trip. In the boat, Pearl isn't happy, she throws a suitcase onto SpongeBob, telling him not to get up until they leave Bikini Bottom. After they leave, SpongeBob asks if he can get up and Pearl says "sure." They pass Super Mega Mall World and Pearl thinks that they are going there, but Mr. Krabs promises where they are going is way better. They then pass Planet Rollercoaster and once again, Pearl thinks that they are going there and Mr. Krabs says where they are going is a hundred times better.
They park right in front of the Teenage Boy Museum
and right when Pearl walks up to it, it is demolished by a wrecking ball. Mr. Krabs tries to comfort her, saying that they weren't going there anyways.
He then says that they are going to the Bikini Bottom Mint to see the money making process, but Pearl says that she would rather search through the rubble of the "Teenage Boy Museum" and proceeds to do so. SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs then go inside and meet the tour guide, Bill. SpongeBob laughs but Bill is aware of the irony of his job and name. They get to the part where Mr. Krabs sees money being shredded.
He starts crying, which floods the factory. SpongeBob absorbs the water and shoots it out the wall, destroying the autographed photo that Pearl finds. Bill is tired of SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs constantly interrupting the tour, so he then calls security to escort SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs out, but sees them tied up and gagged by two bank robbers. SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs stop them and are each rewarded with a Special Edition 1 dollar bill with their faces on it. Mr. Krabs then takes the bill from SpongeBob, saying that "he hasn't charged him yet for bringing him on this trip."
Pearl then shows up and says that "she hasn't charged him for taking her on this terrible trip" and takes the two bills from him. Her friend then shows up and Pearl hands her the two dollars that she owes her for the shoes, saying that she must have maxed out her father's (Mr. Krabs) credit card. With the two bills gone, SpongeBob says "Oh no" and Mr. Krabs starts crying, flooding the money factory.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Salty Squid Jig - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, James King [title card]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Huh?"]
‣ Shop-O-Rama - Nicolas Carr, Fabian Fernandez [start of slideshow]
‣ Short Military Bridge - Nicolas Carr ["Attention, all employees!"]
‣ Hallelujah Chorus from Messiah - George Frideric Handel ["Hallelujah!"]
‣ Classic Horror Sting - Eban Schletter [SpongeBob hyperventilating]
‣ Botany Bay - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["I'm just going on vacation."]
‣ Rainbow Delights - Jane Antonia Cornish ["Come along with us, SpongeBob..."]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob faints]
‣ Drama Link (d) - Hubert Clifford ["Me bottom dollar?!"]
‣ Sailor's Sting 10 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["It's just an expression."]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield ["Daddy, one of your employees is in the backseat!"]
‣ Steel Sting (i) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I thought this was supposed to be our family vacation!"]
‣ Cartoon Sting 8 - Barry Anthony ["Hi, Pearl!"]
‣ Fooling Around - Barry Anthony [Squidward sunbathing.]
‣ Cartoon Sting 9 - Barry Anthony [Patrick appears laughing behind Squidward.]
‣ Pizzicato Polka - Clive Harrison [Super Mega Mall World]
‣ Steel Sting (j) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Think we could make a bathroom stop?"]
‣ Welcome to Glove World - Barry Anthony [Planet Rollercoaster]
‣ Befuddled - Pat Irwin [Krabs laughs]
‣ Droopy - Arthur Harold Wilkinson [SpongeBob and Pearl close their eyes]
‣ California Baby (a) - Jerry Burnham, Wayne Cook [teenage boy museum]
‣ Solo Steel - Jeremy Wakefield ["It was right there!"]
‣ Proud to be a Fish - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [the mint]
‣ Unknown Track 33 - "There's no way I'm going in there!"
‣ Library of Congress - Jack Shaindlin ["Well, laddie, looks like it's just you and me."]
‣ Hop and Skip - Phil Green [start of tour]
‣ Hide and Seek - Arthur Harold Wilkinson [coin making/People gets hit by pieces of Mr. Krabs' eyes/]
‣ Drama Link (g) - Hubert Clifford ["Mr. Krabs!"]
‣ Unknown Hawaiian Sting (c) - SpongeBob pressed into coins
‣ Dramatic Impact 5 - Ivor Slaney [coins scream]
‣ Abject Terror - Paul Lewis [Krabs on conveyor belt]
‣ Lazybones - Xavier Edmunds, Zoltan Biscotti [money shredder]
‣ Six Powerful Cues (d) - Wilfred William Burns ["Destroy money?! NO!!!"]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [Krabs cries]
‣ Clumsy (c) - Bernd Gesell [SpongeBob absorbs Krabs' tears]
‣ Hawaiian Cocktail - Richard Myhill [Pearl cries]
‣ Tragic Tale of Woe - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs babbling]
‣ Shopping Spree - Laurie Johnson [recycling old money]
‣ Unknown Track 35 - Pat Irwin [tour guide is angry]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [guards tied up]
‣ Crime & Danger Sign #3 - Hans Conzelmann, Delle Haensch [criminals stealing money]
‣ Mr. Swashbuckle - James McConnel ["Oh no you don't!"]
‣ Masked Crusader 2 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Krabs growls at criminals]
‣ Lionheart - Larry Hochman [Krabs fights criminals]
‣ Bikini Bottom Police - Nicolas Carr [cops]
‣ Proud to be a Fish - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [limited edition dollar bills]
‣ Sailor's Sting 4 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [ending]
- As of December 11, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 7.4/10 based on 55 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 8.8/10 based on 33 votes.
- This is the fifth and final of the five episode vacation miniseries on Nickelodeon.
- This was Marc Ceccarelli's first episode as a writer and storyboard director.
- The title card background for this episode is similar to that of "Pat No Pay."
- It is unknown why Mr. Krabs took a trailer with him, considering the fact that the tour would be over in less than a day.
- This is the second episode where Mr. Krabs goes on a vacation with Pearl. The first is "Squeaky Boots."
- This is the second episode where Mr. Krabs' eyes turn into a faucet for when he cries. The first is "Clams."
- Mr. Krabs is a formidable fighter when it comes to money, as seen when he fights the robbers off.
- Running gag: Various body parts deflating, including Mr. Krabs' left arm, both of his eyes, and even Bill's head fin.
- When Squidward says, "Hallelujah!" the song "Hallelujah" can be heard in the background. This also plays in "What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?"
- This episode was rated PG in Canada.
- This episode premiered seven years after The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie soundtrack was released and four years after Nicktoons: Attack of the Toybots was released in Europe.
- This was the first episode Luke Brookshier and Marc Ceccarelli worked on together. They worked on a total of 30 episodes.
- When SpongeBob's eyes display blue triangles that read "YES" and "PLEASE" is a reference to the Magic 8 Ball, a fortune-telling toy.
- Bill speaks in a manner similar to Ben Stein.
- Justin Flipperlake is a parody of Justin Timberlake.
- Fred is blue when he appears in this episode with the tourists. In one scene, he is brown. In the next shot, he is back to being blue.
- In one scene in Mr. Krabs' house, Sandy's neck is white instead of brown.
- Mr. Krabs has no eyes, arms, or nose when he cries. After SpongeBob absorbs his tears, he has all of them back, with no explanation as to why.
- While driving to the Bikini Bottom Mint with Mr. Krabs and Pearl, SpongeBob complains that he has to use the bathroom. However, when they arrive, he no longer needs to go to bathroom.
- It's possible that SpongeBob just peed his pants or he was able to hold it.
- When this episode (along with "Mooncation") premiered in Poland on July 14, 2012, it was mistakenly aired in Romanian language instead of Polish. When they reran on February 3, 2013, it was mistakenly aired in Spanish. Both episodes finally aired in Polish language on February 26, 2013.
- Throughout the episode, Harold wears a white shirt, but when Bill is explaining that they shred old money, he is wearing a tan shirt. It returns to normal in the next shot.