|Publish Date:||May 28, 2007|
|List of books|
Mistaken Identity was a SpongeBob SquarePants book that contained four SpongeBob episodes that were transcribed into comics.
Suddenly, some of Bikini Bottom's Finest are victims of mistaken identitys, and utter chaos ensues. First off, people believe that Gary has mad snail disease. Then, Patrick is convinced a paid assassin is trying to run him out of town. Later, after poor Squidward has a run-in with a cement truck, nobody recognizes him. The whole expierience turns into a royal pain in the butt when Patrick finds out he's a king, and expects to be treated like one from each and every person he encounters.
- In "That's No Lady ", at the part where SpongeBob says "The Assassin", the word bubble was pointing to Patrick's mouth.
- In "Once Bitten ", Mr. Krabs' line "but they only want to dine on some delicious krabby patties" was cut for reasons unknown. Also, after SpongeBob squeezes through the door and Mr. Krabs says "SpongeBob, it's you", the comic cuts straight to Patrick implying that SpongeBob is a zombie, rather than SpongeBob saying "That's right, Mr. Krabs. NOW LET ME IN!", with Mr. K replying sarcastically with "yeah that's SpongeBob, alright" (THAT'S when Patrick spoke up).
- In "That's No Lady", Patrick's line "I've got to get back to krustying the Krab" is changed to "I've got to get back to the Krusty Krab". And what's more, the word bubble is pointing to Mr. Krabs' mouth.
- In "That's No lady", the scene in which SpongeBob puts seaweed on Patrick's head while Pat bids the sky farewell is, for reasons as of yet to be explained, removed.
- In "The Thing ", when Squidward says "Hi" at the end, he didn't in the comic.
- In "That's No Lady, the first time the pamphlet is seen, it says "Beautiful Seashores Resort, but at the end its says "Sunny Shores Resort
- This book's title may be a parody of the episode Missing Identity.
References to other episodes
- The last three pages contained promotional images for past episodes Nasty Patty, Ugh, and Idiot Box.
- On the cover, a party scene reminiscent of that seen in SpongeBob Meets the Strangler, and Party Pooper Pants are seen.
- The book's title is similar to that of the episode Missing Identity, although occasions that occur, really don't relate to that episode.