Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This article is in need of cleanup in order to comply with Encyclopedia SpongeBobia's Manual of Style. Please help this Wiki by making this article clean and tidy!
|Publish Date:||May 29, 2007|
|List of books|
Mistaken Identity is a SpongeBob SquarePants book that contained four SpongeBob SquarePants episodes that were transcribed into manga form.
Suddenly, some of Bikini Bottom's finest citizens are victims of mistaken identities, and utter chaos ensues. First off, people believe that Gary has mad snail disease. Then, Patrick is convinced a paid assassin is trying to run him out of town. Later, after poor Squidward has a run-in with a cement truck, nobody recognizes him. The whole experience turns into a royal pain in the butt when Patrick finds out he's a king, and expects to be treated like one from each and every person he encounters.
The cover shows SpongeBob looking nervous and in the background Patrick and Gary have lamp shades on their heads and the place looks messy.
This section is too short. You can help the Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
- In "That's No Lady," at the part where SpongeBob says "The Assassin," the word "bubble" was pointing to Patrick's mouth.
- All of the episodes featured in this book are from Season 4.
- In "Once Bitten," Mr. Krabs' line "but they only want to dine on some delicious Krabby Patties" was cut for unknown reasons. Also, after SpongeBob squeezes through the door and Mr. Krabs says, "SpongeBob, it's you," the comic cuts straight to Patrick implying that SpongeBob is a zombie, rather than SpongeBob saying, "That's right, Mr. Krabs. Now let me in!" with Mr. Krabs replying sarcastically with "Yeah, that's SpongeBob, alright" (That's when Patrick spoke up).
- In "That's No Lady," Patrick's line "I've got to get back to krustying the Krab" is changed to "I've got to get back to the Krusty Krab". And what's more, the word bubble is pointing to Mr. Krabs' mouth.
- In "That's No Lady," the scene in which SpongeBob puts seaweed on Patrick's head while Pat bids the sky farewell is, for reasons as of yet to be explained, removed.
- In "The Thing," when Squidward says "Hi" at the end, he didn't in the comic.
- In "That's No Lady," the first time the pamphlet is seen, it says "Beautiful Seashores Resort," but at the end, it says "Sunny Shores Resort."
- This book's title is a parody of the episode "Missing Identity."
References to other episodes
- The last three pages contained promotional images for past episodes, "Nasty Patty," "Ugh," and "Idiot Box."
- On the cover, a party scene reminiscent of that seen in "SpongeBob Meets the Strangler," and "Party Pooper Pants" are seen.
- The book's title is similar to that of the episode, "Missing Identity," although occasions that occur really don't relate to that episode.