Wikia

SpongeBob SquarePants

120d

Chat moderator
26,811 Edits since joining this wiki
May 21, 2010
157.55.39.35
  Loading editor
  • Hi.

    I need to beg your assistance. The gallery tabber which portrays the designs of the main characters seems to have broken - eg, SpongeBob SquarePants (character). I believe you had input in the design. Got a fix for this?

    Thanks! :)

      Loading editor
    • View all 20 replies
    • 120d wrote:

      Nicko756 wrote:

      120d wrote:

      Nicko756 wrote:

      120d wrote:


      Nicko756 wrote:

      120d wrote:


      Nicko756 wrote:

      120d wrote: I have tried a bunch of things that haven't worked. You did something to the MediaWiki:Common.js earlier today or late yesterday. That might have something to do with it. Try reverting that edit and see what happens

      It was already like for a while now.
      What are you talking about?
      The gallery tabber was broken for a while now.
      More than a day?
      I noticed it about a week ago.
      Why didn't you say anything?
      I thought someone would fix it as it is on the main character page.

      You should expect people to fix things, if they don't know about it.

      Anyway, we can have him at least try this and then maybe we can try reverting even further back, if needed.

      I don't think the recent edit to the MediaWiki:Common.js is related to this. That fixes the problem regarding resizing gifs. I also tested this on my global.js. and it works.
      Also, this happened before the edit to that page.

        Loading editor
    • Nicko756 wrote:

      120d wrote:

      Nicko756 wrote:

      120d wrote:


      Nicko756 wrote:

      120d wrote:


      Nicko756 wrote:

      120d wrote:



      Nicko756 wrote:

      120d wrote: I have tried a bunch of things that haven't worked. You did something to the MediaWiki:Common.js earlier today or late yesterday. That might have something to do with it. Try reverting that edit and see what happens

      It was already like for a while now.
      What are you talking about?
      The gallery tabber was broken for a while now.
      More than a day?
      I noticed it about a week ago.
      Why didn't you say anything?
      I thought someone would fix it as it is on the main character page.
      You should expect people to fix things, if they don't know about it.

      Anyway, we can have him at least try this and then maybe we can try reverting even further back, if needed.

      I don't think the recent edit to the MediaWiki:Common.js is related to this. That fixes the problem regarding resizing gifs. I also tested this on my global.js. and it works.

      On some pages the tabs work. They are on the template pages. Also, it is only on this wiki. Also, I checked AW10's version of this message and he says it was the problem.

        Loading editor
    • 157.55.39.35
        Loading editor
  • What is the point of creating locations (like this) that don't even appear in the series? Just not sure. Thanks! :)

      Loading editor
  • Before we engage in any more edits wars, let me explain myself:

    1) Video games and books are italicized.

    http://writing2.richmond.edu/writing/wweb/titles.html http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/italics.htm

    2) Never insert punctuation to the right of quotations. Put the punctuation in the inside.

    • You say this is a debated rule, which it is. However, the U.S. has the rule of the comma always goes to the left of the end quotes. Always. It may seem strange, since the comma isn't technically part of the quote, but it's the rule. Britain has a different rule regarding this, but we are to use American grammar (I have confirmed this with Spongebob456). I have noticed that you almost never put period or commas inside quotation, which unless you are Britain, is grammatically incorrect. Sources: http://people.howstuffworks.com/10-wrong-ways-to-use-commas.htm#page=1

    http://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/quotes.asp http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com/2010/01/28/punctuation-%E2%80%93-inside-or-outside-quotation-marks/

    3) Do not put a comma before the name of an episode, unless you specify exactly which SpongeBob SquarePants episode.
    Ex: Correct: The Krusty Krab first appears in the episode "Help Wanted."
    Incorrect: The Krusty Krab first appears in the episode, "Help Wanted."

    • This is a confusing one, as you also have said this is incorrect. Let me explain. This has to do entirely with the meaning of the sentence, which is that The Krusty Krab first appears in the episode named "Help Wanted," not that The Krusty Krab first appears in the episode. Which episode? When you place a comma before an identifier, phrase or clause, you're saying it can be removed from the sentence without changing the meaning -- that it's nonessential. In this case, "Help Wanted" is essential, so there's no comma before it. Sources: http://people.howstuffworks.com/10-wrong-ways-to-use-commas.htm#page=5

    http://opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/05/21/the-most-comma-mistakes/

    I hope you understand. If you have a disagreement, feel free to explain.

      Loading editor
    AMK152
    AMK152 closed this thread because:
    Grammar should not be argued over when there are sources.
    15:15, July 21, 2014
    • View all 41 replies
    • No! You don't get to decide which is correct by a discussion. That is not how grammar works. You cannot demine it to a community decision that can be incorrect. A discussion cannot solve every debate; especially one that has to do with grammar.

        Loading editor
    • Okay 120d, since you insist, I will close the discussion. I will maintain that the comma goes inside the quotations, since that is proper use, has many sources, and so we don't need a discussion.

        Loading editor
  • Hey, I'm sure you can guess why I'm messaging you. Please don't edit war - it is plainly disruptive and unnecessary. Sort it out via message walls or said article's talk page please. Thanks.

      Loading editor
    • Spongebob456 wrote:
      Hey, I'm sure you can guess why I'm messaging you. Please don't edit war - it is plainly disruptive and unnecessary. Sort it out via message walls or said article's talk page please. Thanks.

      You should know that I don't ever mean to edit war. Why is that even a reason to message someone? I mean does anyone mean to edit war. Edit wars happen because two sides think they are right. It stops by one of two ways: an admin protects the page (which is not a very good strategy because one of the people thinks that that admin is on the other persons side) or a victor is found/the other person stop editting.

        Loading editor
    • You do know you're edit warring as you constantly revert edits. Anyways, if you see a disagreement which could last a while, sort it out via message wall posts please.

        Loading editor
    • Spongebob456 wrote:
      You do know you're edit warring as you constantly revert edits. Anyways, if you see a disagreement which could last a while, sort it out via message wall posts please.

      Okay. I'll try that next time.

        Loading editor
    • 157.55.39.35
        Loading editor
  • Please stop changing the date. The current date should stand and waiting for a trailer is counterproductive. We can always change it later. Thanks.

      Loading editor
  • When recreating character articles, can you please also copy the info from the ChList templates rather than just reverting the redirect because some info from the ChList templates are updated.

      Loading editor
    • Nicko756 wrote:
      When recreating character articles, can you please also copy the info from the ChList templates rather than just reverting the redirect because some info from the ChList templates are updated.

      No because the info in the ChList is usually inacurate. I am just reverting it to the page. It is not my job to make sure the pages are accurate. Well, it is, but I mean, right now, I am making sure that the pages are not the redirects.

        Loading editor
    • 120d wrote:

      Nicko756 wrote:
      When recreating character articles, can you please also copy the info from the ChList templates rather than just reverting the redirect because some info from the ChList templates are updated.

      No because the info in the ChList is usually inacurate. I am just reverting it to the page. It is not my job to make sure the pages are accurate. Well, it is, but I mean, right now, I am making sure that the pages are not the redirects.

      I just think you should compare the two as the ChList might have addition info, such as more character appearances.

        Loading editor
    • Nicko756 wrote:

      120d wrote:

      Nicko756 wrote:
      When recreating character articles, can you please also copy the info from the ChList templates rather than just reverting the redirect because some info from the ChList templates are updated.
      No because the info in the ChList is usually inacurate. I am just reverting it to the page. It is not my job to make sure the pages are accurate. Well, it is, but I mean, right now, I am making sure that the pages are not the redirects.
      I just think you should compare the two as the ChList might have addition info, such as more character appearances.

      I think that we should focus on making sure the pages exist first and then we can clean them up.

        Loading editor
    • 120d wrote:

      Nicko756 wrote:

      120d wrote:

      Nicko756 wrote:
      When recreating character articles, can you please also copy the info from the ChList templates rather than just reverting the redirect because some info from the ChList templates are updated.
      No because the info in the ChList is usually inacurate. I am just reverting it to the page. It is not my job to make sure the pages are accurate. Well, it is, but I mean, right now, I am making sure that the pages are not the redirects.
      I just think you should compare the two as the ChList might have addition info, such as more character appearances.

      I think that we should focus on making sure the pages exist first and then we can clean them up.

      Okay.

        Loading editor
    • 157.55.39.35
        Loading editor
  • When you recreate background character articles, can you please link the character article in the ChList templates. That way, we can keep track of which character articles already exist. Some are already linked: List of characters/Background.

      Loading editor
    • View all 26 replies
    • Nicko756 wrote:
      For the photographer, what should the article be named:
      Photographer
      Director
      Photographer/Director
      Director/Photographer

      Since his name is both names, I think we should do the third option because it is in the order of appearance.

        Loading editor
    • 120d wrote:
      Nicko756 wrote:
      For the photographer, what should the article be named:
      Photographer
      Director
      Photographer/Director
      Director/Photographer
      Since his name is both names, I think we should do the third option because it is in the order of appearance.

      Okay

        Loading editor
    • 157.55.39.35
        Loading editor
  • I wanted to let you know that at the meeting we decided to bring up your idea for discussion and came up with a proposal:

    ESB:Discussions/Delayed admin involvement in discussions

      Loading editor
  • 260px-Spongebob wiki Logos
    I miss the old Spongebob wiki logo, but back then I wasn't even a user on this wikipedia.
      Loading editor
    • View all 10 replies
    • JosephHawk wrote:
      wait, why am I being brought into this? :P

      That was a mistake. I meant "Jensonk".

        Loading editor
    • oh, kk. ;)

        Loading editor
    • 157.55.39.35
        Loading editor
  • Hi there I haven't heard from you in awhile how are things going! 

      Loading editor
See archived talk page
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Wikia Spotlight

Random Wiki