"Man Ray Returns" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season eleven. In this episode, when Man Ray rents Squidward's house for the weekend, it's up to SpongeBob and Patrick to stop his evil vacation.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- TV Narrator
- Man Ray
- Squidward Tentacles
- Mermaid Man (cameo)
- Barnacle Boy (cameo)
- Old Lady (debut)
The episode starts out with SpongeBob and Patrick playing Junior Crime Breakers, until they see Squidward walking out of his house with luggage. SpongeBob and Patrick beg Squidward to remain in Bikini Bottom, thinking he is moving away. Squidward tells them he is taking a vacation and tells SpongeBob and Patrick not to bother the guest who is renting his house while on vacation.
SpongeBob and Patrick continue to play Junior Crime Breakers when they see a taxi stop at Squidward's house. Then a person steps out of the cab, only to be Man Ray. The TV Narrator introduces him, and Man Ray tells him he is on vacation. As Man Ray goes inside, SpongeBob and Patrick tries to run up to him, but they didn't get to him in time. Unknowingly, SpongeBob tells Patrick that he should be in their Junior Crime Breakers team.
SpongeBob and Patrick try sneaking into the house, but that fails. So SpongeBob and Patrick decide to give him a sand pie to welcome him to Bikini Bottom. When Man Ray opens the door, SpongeBob gives him the pie and they walk in. They sit down and SpongeBob mentions about the Junior Crime Breakers to him. Patrick says he isn't giving any snacks for them, so Many Ray gives him the pie, and he returns to the bathroom. SpongeBob and Patrick go to the bathroom to ask him in their Junior Crime Breakers team, but they realize this person is actually Man Ray.
SpongeBob and Patrick storm about of Squidward's house and onto Shady Shoals Rest Home. SpongeBob finds them in a frozen chamber, while Patrick thinks they are ice pops. SpongeBob then realizes they are taking their cryonic nap, and they will wake up in a week. So they decide that they will have to be Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy, and stop Man Ray's "evil" vacation. They take their rings, and unite them causing an explosion. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy then abruptly awake from their nap due to the explosion.
They arrive at Squidward's house, now as Mermaid Pants, and Barnacle Star. They climb a pile of trash cans up to the top windows. Patrick causes the pile of trash cans to fall down, awakening Man Ray from his nap while they hang from the window. They go into Squidward's house, and Patrick accidentally kicks SpongeBob into shelf, breaking the shelf. Man Ray believes there is intruders on the upstairs, so he goes to look for a weapon. As SpongeBob and Patrick rummage through Squidward's items, they find their weapons. SpongeBob has a box full of stale cookies, and Patrick has a broken picture frame. Man Ray finds his weapon, an umbrella. SpongeBob and Patrick stumbles down the stairs, and confront Man Ray. SpongeBob and Patrick tells him to surrender, but Man Ray tells them he is on Holiday.
They still don't believe him, so Patrick throws his broken picture frame Man Ray. However Man Ray opens his umbrella, and the picture frame bounces off of it, and hits and destroys a huge red vase. SpongeBob then throws the stale cookies at Man Ray, but he runs away from them, as the cookies destroy Squidward's figurines. Man Ray takes cover from the cookies behind the sofa. He then throws the sofa at SpongeBob and Patrick, destroying a part of the house, and causing them to nearly fall out of the house. Patrick then gets spun around my Man Ray, and thrown and hitting a glass shelf full of clarinets. SpongeBob then takes three clarinets, and snares Man Ray with the clarinets. Patrick then charges at Man Ray and jumps on to him. As Man Ray is trying to get Patrick off of him, Man Ray breaks through the roof, and gets them off of him.
Man Ray states he just wanted a vacation, but they still don't believe him. So Man Ray then switches into his villain clothes, and continue fighting, but they get scared by the thunder and lightning, and they fall back down to the ground floor. Squidward then calls Man Ray to tell him that he is returning home, due to the change of weather. Squidward says he will give him a full refund as long there is no damage to the place. Man Ray then leaves, and SpongeBob and Patrick are left to deal with the damage.
SpongeBob says they will glue everything back together, but Patrick ask how they will glue everything back together. SpongeBob says they have super saliva, and start gluing everything back together. Squidward returns to his house, to see that everything has been put together, and that his guest has already left. So Squidward slams the door, causing his house to collapse.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Man, Go Man! - Ralph Dollimore [Title card.]
‣ Discovery - Benny Carter [SpongeBob and Patrick watching for criminal activity.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (i) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Aw... We were just starting to get close."]
‣ Gator - Steve Belfer [SpongeBob and Patrick are seen as bottom feeders. ]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Squidward leaves.]
‣ Spy 01 130 Em - Big Fish Audio [SpongeBob sees a taxi in front of Squidward's house.]
‣ Dancing the Hula - Kapono Beamer [Man Ray gets out of the taxi.]
‣ Spy 01 130 Em - Big Fish Audio ["Wouldn't it be great to have another friend to join our Junior Crime Breakers?"]
‣ Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["So we gotta be sneaky."]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (f) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob's eye flattened.]
‣ Flower Display - Jack Shaindlin [SpongeBob and Patrick welcome the new neighbor with a hamper sand pie.]
‣ Dramatic Episode 1 - Kurt Rehfeld [SpongeBob and Patrick discover that the new neighbor is Man Ray.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [Man Ray sees that SpongeBob and Patrick have gone.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (m) - Jeremy Wakefield [May Ray shrugs.]
‣ Drama Link (h) - Hubert Clifford [SpongeBob starts alerting Mermaid Man about Man Ray.]
‣ Dramatic Episode 1 - Kurt Rehfeld [Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy frozen.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy ice pops!"]
‣ Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy Action Theme - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr, Pat Irwin [SpongeBob reading Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy's magazine.]
‣ Adventure - Ronald Hanmer ["Patrick, do you know what this means?"]
‣ Arizona Fanfare - Jack Shaindlin ["By the power of Neptune, Mermaid Pants and Barnacle Star unite!"]
‣ Mermaid Man Sting - Nicolas Carr [Transition to Squidward's house.]
‣ Man, Go Man! - Ralph Dollimore [SpongeBob and Patrick climbing trash cans.]
‣ Pell-Mell - Sam Spence [SpongeBob and Patrick enter through the window at Squidward's house.]
‣ Bahia Baby - Wolfgang Kaltenbach [Man Ray hears noise upstairs.]
‣ Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy Action Theme - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr, Pat Irwin [SpongeBob and Patrick looking through Squidward's stuff.]
‣ The Lineman - Sam Spence [SpongeBob and Patrick fighting with Man Ray.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I just wanted a vacation!"]
‣ Dramatic Episode 1 - Kurt Rehfeld ["Help yourself, Man Ray."]
‣ Crime and Danger Sign #3 - Hans Conzelmann, Delle Haensch [Man Ray becomes evil again.]
‣ Hawaiian Happiness - Jon Jelmer [Squidward tells Man Ray he's coming home.]
‣ Dramatic Episode 1 - Kurt Rehfeld ["That idiot octopus doesn't know I gave him a phony check!"]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (c) - Jeremy Wakefield [Man Ray leaves Squidward's house.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [Scuba-driver drives away.]
‣ Glory Road - Sam Fonteyn ["Maybe one day, Man Ray will reform and join the Junior Crime Breakers."]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (z) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick see Squidward's house destroyed.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield ["He really trashed this place."]
‣ Adventure - Ronald Hanmer ["Okay, Barnacle Star, let's be super good and glue all of Squidward's stuff back together!"]
‣ Mermaid Man Sting - Nicolas Carr [Second transition.]
‣ Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy Action Theme - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr, Pat Irwin [SpongeBob and Patrick putting Squidward's things back together with saliva.]
‣ Unknown Track 21 - Squidward's house is clean.
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (s) - Jeremy Wakefield [Ending.]
- This episode was released on September 28, 2017 in Iberia.
- This episode was released on September 30, 2017 in the United States.
This section is too short. You can help the Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
- As of November 10, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 9.3/10 based on 109 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a 0.0/10 based on 0 votes.
- This episode marked the first physical appearance of Man Ray since "Patrick-Man!," as he only appears in a comic book in "Trident Trouble."
- This marks the second appearance of Mermaid Pants and Barnacle Star.
- Along with "Larry the Floor Manager," this episode aired in Iberia on September 28, 2017.
- This episode marks the first physical appearance of Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy since "Mall Girl Pearl" in Season 9.
- This episode reveals that Squidward has a collection of clarinets at his home.
- Mermaid Pants uses clarinets when fighting Man Ray the same way as Sour Note.
- The title card background has the same pattern as the title card of "The Check-Up," but the background is pink, and the checks are replaced with Man Ray's head.
- Also, coincidentally they are both Season 11 episodes and aired in 2017.
- This episode is also known as "Mermaid Pants II" or "Mermaid Pants and Barnacle Star II."
- This is the second episode where Spongebob and Patrick attack Man Ray for no reason (and the 2nd time they were quick to jump to conclusions about his intentions). The first being Shuffleboarding.
- Coincidentally, Man Ray also fails to realise it's SpongeBob and Patrick in costumes in both episodes.
- When Man Ray exits using Scuber, it is a reference to the app Uber.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick are trying to get to the window in Squidward's house, the trash can structure is similar to the one at the end of level one of the original Super Mario Bros.
This article is in need of expansion, but it is not a stub. You can help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by adding more information. Please remove this template when done.