- Squidward Tentacles
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Unnamed kid (debut)
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Pianist for the Unnamed band (blue)
- The Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy Fan Club member
- Other customers
- Teddy fish (debut)
- Chicken (debut)
- Sea Chimp Toys (debut)
- Taylor Fishbowl
- Nat Peterson
- Abigail Marge
- Children of the Lost and Found (debut)
- Monroe Timmy
- Billy the Brown Fish
- Billy the Purple Fish
- Other classmates of Squidward
- Miners (debut)
- Ginger's mother (debut)
- Ginger's father (mentioned)
- Old Man Jenkins
- Teddy fish's owner (debut)
The episode begins at the Krusty Krab with a customer eagerly waiting for his Krabby Patty, freaking Squidward out. He then tells SpongeBob to hurry up with the order. The Krabby Patty hits Squidward in the face and singes him. As SpongeBob serves the customer his Krabby Patty, he hears a child crying in the distance. Mr. Krabs tells him that it's because he lost his teddyfish he was playing with. Krabs tells him to retrieve it from the Krusty Krab's Lost and Found, which is located below the kitchen floor.
SpongeBob rummages through a box he finds in the Lost and Found, but couldn't find the teddy bear. Mr. Krabs tells him to turn on the lightswitch, which he does. SpongeBob gets distracted by all the interesting stuff he finds on the shelves and plays with some of it, distracting him from his mission. He then finds a Bikini Bottom snowglobe on one of the shelves and shakes it out of eagerness. This causes Bikini Bottom to ramble and for the citizens to scream as if an earthquake were occuring.
Meanwhile, with the child still crying, Mr. Krabs wants to know what's taking SpongeBob so long. Squidward comes in the kitchen to complain about the excessive crying and Krabs tells him that SpongeBob might be lost in the Lost and Found. Although this doesn't concern him, Mr. Krabs commands Squidward to go down there and find him, which he reluctantly does.
The snowglobe that SpongeBob shaked turned out to attract a group of elderly children who have been trapped in the Krusty Krab's Lost and Found for 60 years. Upon talking to them, SpongeBob sees the teddyfish he's supposed to bring back in one of the kids' hands. SpongeBob then snatches it from Ginger, explaining that he needs to return it to a crying child, then proceeding to exclaim "Finders keepers!" and find an exit. Angered, the children follow him and Ginger demands her teddyfish back.
Back at the Krusty Krab, due to SpongeBob's elongated absence in the kitchen, the customers decide to leave since their hunger is not being fulfilled. Because of this, Mr. Krabs starts crying with the child.
Meanwhile, when Squidward is looking for SpongeBob in the Lost and Found, he finds a box of kazoos on one of the shelves, which takes him back to when he was a kazoo player in elementary school, which all the kids hated, even though Squidward thought he was really good at it. To his excitement, he then finds a box of clarinets, which are then stepped on by SpongeBob after he is trying to run away from the elderly. Squidward tries to exit as well, by pulling the handle of an "emergency exit," which then turns out to be a grease trap. Thereafter, a river of grease is released and flows through the Lost and Found, nearly clogging its capacity.
SpongeBob realizes the grease flowing, commenting that he hasn't cleaned the grease trap in 10 years. Realizing this, each of the children get on each other's shoulders to stay alive. However, SpongeBob has a better idea.
Shortly after, SpongeBob returns from the Lost and Found and bring back the child's teddyfish. Not only that, but he also brings Ginger and the other lost children back to their parents (who regularly visited the restaurant to find them), much to the latter's relief.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Salty Squid Jig - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton [Title card.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 9 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Opening.]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch [Little kid crying at the Krusty Krab.]
‣ Stool Pigeon - Kenny Graham [SpongeBob goes to the Lost and Found.]
‣ Tricks and Traps - James McConnel [SpongeBob reaches for the light switch.]
‣ Space Horizons - Wolf Helling [SpongeBob sees all the lost stuff.]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob's eyes bug out.]
‣ Happy Jose - Ulrich Wenzel [SpongeBob puts on sunglasses.]
‣ Unknown Track 57 - "What a funny echo."
‣ A Christmas Suite - Richard Harvey ["Hey!"]
‣ Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr ["Tchotchkes!"]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (u) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob takes novelty teeth.]
‣ Quango Tango - Jim Blake [Tango music.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob sees a snow globe.]
‣ The Jitters - Raymond Jones [Bikini Bottom rumbles.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 8 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Hey, Mr. Krabs, you know that annoying crying kid?"]
‣ Sneeky - Gregor Narholz [SpongeBob sees the lost children.]
‣ Stool Pigeon - Kenny Graham ["We were the children, lost in the Krusty Krab over 60 years ago, and we were never claimed."]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks V - Jeremy Wakefield [Old kid dragged away.]
‣ The Fruitcake Vendor - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Food made of candy.]
‣ Unknown Track 38 - Nicolas Carr ["That's the teddy fish!"]
‣ Stool Pigeon - Kenny Graham ["Grr! This? I found it, so...finders keepers."]
‣ Grass Skirt Chase - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob grabs the toy and runs.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (n) - Jeremy Wakefield [Lost children slowly chase SpongeBob.]
‣ Cartoon Sting 5 - Squidward looking for SpongeBob/Squidward finds a box with all his clarinets.
‣ Dramatic Cue (b) - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob steps on Squidward's clarinets.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (r) - Jeremy Wakefield [Clarinets broken.]
‣ Spooky - Kenny Graham ["Squidward? SpongeBob?"]
‣ Dirgey - Nicolas Carr, Steve Marston ["It's the curse of the Lost and Found."]
‣ Sailor's Sting 15 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Little kid still crying.]
‣ Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob still being chased.]
‣ Happy Woodcutter - Pierre Jean Gidon [At the lost diamond mine.]
‣ Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Diamonds nailed at SpongeBob.]
‣ Monster Bug (a) - Gregor Narholz [At the lost dinosaur world.]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [Squidward sees a hatch.]
‣ The Creature (a) - Gregor Narholz [Squidward gets covered in a flood of grease.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hmm?"]
‣ The Creature (a) - Gregor Narholz ["Oh, no! I haven't cleaned the grease trap in years!"]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (j) - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs and the little kid crying.]
‣ Puka B - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob emerges from the Lost and Found with the lost children.]
‣ Monster Bug (a) - Gregor Narholz [Ending.]
This section is too short. You can help the Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
- As of July 23, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 8.5/10 based on 9 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a 2.5/10 based on 1 votes.
- Patrick's Secret Box makes an appearance in this episode, in a reference to "The Secret Box".
- There are many items from The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie placed in the lost and found, possibly meaning this episode could take place after it. However, creator Stephen Hillenburg confirmed that the movie takes place after the series (even episodes that haven't aired yet), so this remains ambiguous at best. They could simply be homages to the movie.
- Many items from older episodes and The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie are seen on the lost-and-found shelves. These include:
- Patrick's Secret Box
- King Neptune's crown
- Goofy Goober Guitar
- Squidward's Soufflé
- A Goofy Goober costume
- Map of Finland (reference to "Frankendoodle")
- Bag of Winds
- Goofy Goober Hat
- Soda Drinking Hat
- The toothbrush from The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie
- The glasses Plankton uses in "F.U.N."
- Guard worm
- Gary's toy ball
- This episode takes place after "Squidward in Clarinetland" because Squidward mentions his locker and his clarinets in it.
- This episode was mistakenly said by Vincent Waller on Twitter to be written by Kaz. It was actually written by Dani Michaeli.
- It is revealed that Squidward had a kazoo as a child.
- It is also revealed that he was very bad at playing it.
- Squidward and SpongeBob were unaware of the Lost and Found despite being employees to the Krusty Krab for years.
- Mr. Krabs remarks he should put up a sign to make it easier but it is unknown if he did so.
- This episode premiered 12 years after The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie was released in Denmark, seven years after the premiere of "No Hat for Pat" and "Toy Store of Doom" in Poland, four years after the premiere of "Squiditis" and "Demolition Doofus" in Greece, three years after the name and poster of The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water was revealed, two years after "SpongeBob Comics #45" was released, and one year after "SpongeBob Checks His Snapper Chat" was released.
- The scene where SpongeBob and the lost older kids run through the lost mine is a reference to the mine scene in the 1937 animated film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
- The "Lost World" where SpongeBob and the lost kids run through might be a reference to the 1997 film The Lost World: Jurassic Park.
- In the German dub, the title card said "Flucht vor dem Fahrer" which is supposed to be the German title of the sister episode "The Getaway." On November 26, 2017, the episode aired with a new, corrected title card.
- The same error happens in "The Getaway" where the title card says "Fundsachen" which is supposed to be the German title of this episode.
- When Eugene H. Krabs hits Ginger, she didn’t open her mouth.