- Goo Lagoon: A popular underwater beach for the residents of Bikini Bottom. Goo Lagoon contains sea caves, a pier amusement park, and other attractions.
- Jellyfish Fields - Miles of open fields and rock formations, where millions of jellyfish live. It is also a popular place to jellyfish.
- Kelp Forest - a forest on the outskirts of Bikini Bottom. Instead of trees there are giant clumps of kelp trees all held together to form a spooky forest. Inside, it includes a camping area. In "Club SpongeBob", SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward got lost in the forest.
- Sand Mountain - a popular underwater ski resort.
- Industrial Park - A factory-type area with goo storage. During the robot attack, this area was taken over by the Robo-Patrick. Also in the episode "Prehibernation Week", Sandy and SpongeBob go here for "a nice bike ride in the park". They nearly are killed by the dangerous machinery and poisonous goo, but make it out okay. The Industrial Park served as a battle arena in the "Battle for Bikini Bottom" video game, where SpongeBob and Sandy battle Robo-Patrick. It also appeared in "The Yellow Avenger", serving as the hide-out place for the Atomic Flounder.
- Make-Out Reef: Where couples go to make out in their cars and/or have a picnic. It is located high on a cliff ridge just outside of Bikini Bottom. It is located at Coral Cliffs, behind Mt. Climb-Up-And-Fall-Off.
- Lighthouse-A lighthouse in the middle of the city
- Giant Turbine- A giant turbine built in the middle of the city
- Sea Needle: the tallest free-standing structure and observation tower in Bikini Bottom. It is the Bikini Bottom equivalent of the Space Needle. It is also one of the most popular tourist attractions, as the observation deck has a great view of Bikini Bottom as seen in the "Battle for Bikini Bottom" video game. During the robot takeover, parts of the building fell down. It also appears in "The Yellow Avenger", when the Dirty Bubble tried to destroy Bikini Bottom with it. In "Prehibernation Week," SpongeBob fell off of it.
- Mermalair: Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy's secret hideout hidden in the basement of the Shady Shoals Retirement Home. Mermaid Man stores the Invisible Boat-Mobile here.
- Giant Anchor: seen in various episodes when looking from the skyline.
- Flower Arch: seen in season one episodes such as "Suds", "Pizza Delivery", and an early map of Bikini Bottom.
- Bikini Bottom Caves: seen in some episodes.
- Skull Rock: SpongeBob and Patrick hid inside it during the episode "Scaredy Pants".
- Mount Climb-up-and-Fall-off: A hill where Patrick climbs up and falls down in "Valentine's Day".
- Rippers Reef - Bikini Bottoms most dangerous island seen in "A Life in a Day"
- Mt. Bikini Bottom: A volcano that has erupted twice. Parody of Mt. Everest and Krakatoa.
- The Main Drain- a drain clog on the ocean floor that can suck the whole of Bikini Bottom in the sewers.
Some of the roadways in Bikini Bottom include:
- Albatross Avenue - as seen in "Revenge of the Flying Dutchman".
- Anchor Way - road that contains Mr. Krabs' house, intersects with Conch Street. It doesn't have very many houses.
- Barnacle Road - as seen in the "Employee of the Month game.
- Conch Street - Main road that includes SpongeBob's, Patrick's, Squidward's, Sandy's, Grandma SquarePants', and Mrs. Puff's houses, Shady Shoals Rest Home, The Fry Cook Museum, Mrs. Puff's Boating School, The Krusty Krab and The Chum Bucket, and stretches as far as downtown Bikini Bottom. It intersects with Coral Avenue. In Battle for Bikini Bottom, this road runs in a north-south direction. Mistaken as Conch Drive in Slide Whistle Stooges.
- King Street - Neptune and Squilliam live here.
- Coral Avenue - intersects with Conch Street
- Seashell Street - as seen in "Revenge of the Flying Dutchman".
- Shallow Grave Road - mentioned in "Nasty Patty".
- Shell Street- as seen in "Good Ol' Whatshisname." Consists of houses in the 150's, 150 Shell Street being the house of Mr. What Zit Tooya.
- Stormy Way - as seen in Revenge of the Flying Dutchman.
- Major Highway - as seen in "Mid-Life Crustacean".
- Wizard Street− as seen in "Hocus Pocus".
- Conch Road - seen on a street pole that Patrick marries in "Krabby Kronicle"
- Conch Drive- mentioned in "Giant Squidward." It is said Squidward lives here, so it may be an error for Conch Street.
- Shelly Superhighway - Built by Sheldon 'Shelly' Plankton in SpongeBob's Last Stand, This road went through Jellyfish fields, over the Krusty Krab and into the Chum Bucket. It was later demolished in the same episode.
- 124 Conch Street - SpongeBob's Pineapple House. SpongeBob's house is a large pineapple and is two stories high and fully furnished.
- 122 Conch Street - Squidward's house that resembles the head of an Easter Island moai. The outside has a garage to the side, a door in the middle, two front windows on the second floor resembling eyes, a window on each "ear", and a back window overlooking the backyard. The backyard is closed out by the other sides of SpongeBob's and Patrick's fences. The first floor features a living room which includes a TV, a shelf, and a couch. The kitchen merges with the living room and is located in the back part of the first floor. It contains a table, a counter, a small shelf, a refrigerator, four cabinets, and other kitchen tools. The dining room also merges with the living room. It contains shelves, a table, and a closet. A hallway leads to a large walk-in closet. The only way to get up to the second floor is to take an elevator. On the second floor is Squidward's bedroom, containing a closet full of alarm clocks, a bed, and a nightstand. Attached to Squidward's bedroom is his art gallery, which includes many of his artistic creations, as well as the place he practices his clarinet. He has a door to a large master bathroom on the left "ear", which includes a toilet, a sink, and a Jacuzzi tub/shower. There is also a place to get up to his roof. In "The Secret Box," when Patrick states not even Squidward's house knows what's inside his box, the house stares at the box and in "Funny Pants," to block out SpongeBob's hysterical whining, and the house has two hands come out of the sand to cover up its ears. In Battle for Bikini Bottom, the house is mistakenly called a tiki.
- 120 Conch Street - Patrick's rock house. This house is a half-spherical brown rock with an antenna on top. Inside, it varies between sand furniture, and real furniture such as a bed, bedside table, a TV, and a chair. In Naughty Nautical Neighbors there are several short wooden posts that are linked together by ropes out back, which is assumingly a fence, along with two garbage cans to the side of his house, and a grill, but the fence, the garbage cans, and the grill have not been seen in any other episode.
- Sandy's Treedome - a dome filled with air, allowing her to function without her suit. It features a tree, with a bedroom inside, that includes her bed and bedside table; on the outside, there is a picnic table, an exercise wheel, and a birdbath. In the episode "Sandy's Rocket", the rocket is shown coming out of the ground. Although it hasn't been shown, there is probably a laboratory underground. It also includes a garage as seen in "To Save a Squirrel." In "Squidtastic Voyage", Sandy's laboratory is more widely shown, yet it is located outside the Tree dome.
- 3451 Anchor Way - Eugene and Pearl Krabs’ anchor house. This house is three stories high, with a basement.
- Betsy Krabs' pink-colored anchor house - Has a hallway, Mama Krabs’ bedroom, and Mr. Krabs' bedroom from when he was a kid.
- Mrs. Puff's pink-colored home - Contains a kitchen and a living room.
- Grandma SquarePants's house - A one-story cottage home, a kitchen and a living room have only been shown.
- Granny's House - Contains a nursery, kitchen, closet full of empty snail shells, and a living room. As seen in "Where's Gary?”
- Mrs. Tentacles's House - The residence of Squidward's mother. Like Squidward's house, but with a curly wig. It was seen in "Krusty Towers".
- Flying Dutchmen's Ship - A giant ship owned and inhabited by the Flying Dutchman. It contains captain’s quarters, crew cabins and the perfume department from a mall. It is also used as a means of transportation for occasions where the Dutchman intends to haunt and scare the Bikini Bottom citizens.
- Harold and Margaret SquarePants' House - the home of SpongeBob's parents (may actually not be in Bikini Bottom as SpongeBob packed a suitcase to visit here) - the living room was the only room shown, however there are entries into other rooms in the background as seen in the episode "BlackJack"
- Blue SquarePants' House - the home of SpongeBob's uncle Blue Squarepants. It is now painted purple and there is a fence around his house because SpongeBob did it by his uncle Blue's request in the episode, “‘‘BlackJack ". His garage has only been seen. It has a record player, a blender, a chainsaw and a bad radio to contact other people.
- BlackJack SquarePants' House - the home of SpongeBob's cousin Blackjack Squarepants. It is mostly made of wood and metal screws. Outside there's a guard worm and a front porch. Inside, only Blackjack's basement has been shown. The basement has blue walls, signs and food from the party of Blackjack getting out of jail.
- Other Houses- Throughout the city they are basic, usually grey, cylindrical houses that are most commonly located in downtown Bikini Bottom, but can also be seen off in the distance behind many major locations such as SpongeBob's house or the Krusty Krab. They usually have large exhaust pipes.
Businesses and establishments of Bikini Bottom include:
- Barg'N-Mart - a local grocery/discount combo store which was first seen in the pilot "Help Wanted". It might be a parody of Walmart
- Bikini Bottom Supermarket - A supermarket where Larry the Lobster does his groceries seen in "Pets or Pests" and Fiasco!.
- Palace of Pranks - A Novelty Shop and Prank Store that sells Pranks, gags, and gross-out toys. Some of the items there include, among others, gag Seanut Brittle cans; joy buzzers; Exploding Chewing Gum ($9.95); fake gag dollars ($1.00); Whoopee Cushions ($1.00); Fake vomit ($1.00); Real vomit ($1.00); and Invisible Spray (was sold at a discount to SpongeBob SquarePants only for being the shop's proprietor's favorite, or Number One customer) for $1.00. (Actual prices may vary). The owner of the store is Frank, also known as "The Master (of pranks)"
- Gifts - a generic gift shop
- Hats - a hat store; seen in the episode, "My Pretty Seahorse" and "Have You Seen This Snail?".
- Phony Baloney Mustache Emporium: Mentioned in the episode "SpongeBob Meets the Strangler".
- Toppers: A hat store.
- Magic Shop: a magic shop seen in the episodes "F.U.N." and You Don't Know Sponge.
- Nets: A store in downtown Bikini Bottom seen in the episode "The Bully."
- Balloon Stall - Sells balloons. Seen in Life of Crime
- Mattress Discount - Mattress store in which Tom works at. Seen in "Ghost Host."
- Mattresses And Then Some - The mattress store where SpongeBob and Patrick buy the mattress that causes Mr. Krabs cash coma seen in the episode "The Lost Mattress".
- Near Mint Comic Books - Place where SpongeBob, Patrick and nerds go and buy their favorite comic books seen in "Sing a Song of Patrick, The Card" and "Ditchin'".
- Guppies 'R' Us - Sells baby clothes. It’s a parody of Babies R Us seen in the episode "Spy Buddies".
- Radio Chest - A store which sells radios. It is a parody of RadioShack seen in the episode "Sing a Song of Patrick".
- Nautical Mart A flower shop seen in the episode "No Nose Knows".
- Perfume Shoppe - A store that sells perfumes seen in the episode "No Nose Knows".
- Noses 'n Things - A store that performs plastic surgery seen in the episode "No Nose Knows". A parody of the defunct Linens 'n Things.
- Noses - A store that sells noses seen in the episode "F.U.N..” The part in The F.U.N. Song. "N is for nose picking."
- Costume Shop- A costume shop seen in the episode "Boating Buddies"
- Toy Barrel- A brand new toy store known to sell stuffed animals and plastic toys. The store opened in the episode "Toy Store of Doom."
- Wigs and Hairpieces: - a wig store as seen in the episode "Something Smells".
- Ye Olde Shoppe is a shop that only appears in the episode, "Pest of the West." It has a cameo appearance when Patrick Revere runs around in Bikini Bottom to warn everyone of the huge Mollusks that were coming to town.
- Tom's Toolery - A tool store seen in the episode "Overbooked".
- Bikini Bottom Mall is a four story mall in the shape of a ship that was first seen in "Whale of a Birthday," and later seen in "To Love a Patty", "The Battle of Bikini Bottom" and "To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants".
- Your New Mall - seen in "Skill Crane," this shopping mall was under construction, but knocked down by Squidward.
- Super Mega Mall World - a five-story mall that Pearl Krabs wanted to vacation at in the episode "Mr. Krabs Takes a Vacation".
- Bikini Bottom Outskirts Megamall - a giant mall seen in "A SquarePants Family Vacation".
- Bakery - A bakery that was seen in "Band Geeks."
- Burger Hut Thursdays - a parody of Burger King, Pizza Hut and TGI Fridays, a two-story restaurant featuring neon lights and many football-jersey stuff.
- Bunny Bun's - Features a stage, arcade, a ball pit, etc. Mascot is "Bunny Bun", a rabbit. Also a parody of Chuck E. Cheese's. (Seen in "Mid-Life Crustacean")
- Chum Bucket - a fast food restaurant owned by Sheldon J. Plankton, the restaurant is a major competitor of the Krusty Krab. The Chum Bucket is shaped like a big gray metal bucket, the handle held up by a grayish blue gloved hand.
- Diner - A small boat made into a diner with neon lights on the side displaying DINER and a jukebox in it. It appeared in "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy II", "Missing Identity", "Chocolate with Nuts" and "SpongeHenge"
- Donut Hut - A Donut shop seen in "Good Ol' Whatshisname" when ran by it.
- Fancy! - A fancy restaurant where dates take place and entrepreneurs eat. It is an old-fashioned ship in a bottle. Mr. Krabs took Mrs. Puff to dinner at this restaurant in "Krusty Love."
- Goofy Goober's Ice Cream Party Boat - An ice cream parlor that features a seating area with a stage, and a Nut Bar. Mascot is "Goofy Goober", a peanut. Products sold are Goober meals (with a toy) and Triple Gooberberry Sunrises. A parody of Farrell's Ice Cream Parlor and Chuck E. Cheese's Time Theater (Seen in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie")
- Hot Dog Shop - A hot dog store briefly seen in "Wormy" and "Picture Day."
- Hot Dog Stand - A stand that is usually found in Downtown Bikini Bottom, Glove World, and carnivals.
- Pretty Patties - A short-lived stand that SpongeBob made in front of his house in the episode "Patty Hype". The patties were in different colors that made them very popular. But then it was run down by the public because people got food poisoning from the patties
- Ice Cream - A generic ice cream parlor seen in the episode "Hall Monitor" near the corner of Coral and Conch Streets. They sell mint and chocolate ice cream, and maybe more.
- Dead Eye Funeral Parlor and Ice Cream Parlor - The first place SpongeBuck visited when he got off the train in "Pest of the West".
- Kelpshake - A highly popular restaurant selling Kelp Shakes that had several Locations throughout Bikini Bottom. It was closed down after having been discovered to have an ingredient that causes you to grow green hair all over. The idea of them popping up all over is a parody of Starbucks
- Coffee (seen in Best Frenemies)
- Krusty Krab - Bikini Bottom's most successful restaurant located downtown. It is owned by Eugene H. Krabs. The meal most customers order is a Krabby Patty. It had a stage and a $1.00 stand of tomatoes - in Culture Shock. A stand where SpongeBob and Sandy did Karate to make Krabby Patties.
- Pizza Castle - A parody of Pizza Hut or White Castle this restaurant was mentioned by Patrick when he accidentally called Mrs. Puff's Boating School, thinking it was Pizza Castle. Supposedly, a guy named Mario works there as mentioned in "The Bully." In the episode, "Suction Cup Symphony," a "Mario's" restaurant is mentioned, and could be this same place, assuming that Mario is the owner, and simply renamed the place. Also, in the same episode, SpongeBob says Squidward's clarinet playing sounds like he ate at "Mario's" last night.
- Pizza House - mentioned in "The Sponge Who Could Fly". Parody of House of Pizza
- Salty Spitoon - A bar filled with tough guys. SpongeBob tries to get in but is not tough enough.
- Sea Chicken Shack - A shack that sells chicken sandwiches and a huge statue of a chicken out front. Mr. Krabs has SpongeBob check out the place to see what's so great about it (NOTHING!); seen in the episode "The Masterpiece".
- Shell Shack - A fast food restaurant that has a talking dog as a mascot (a reference to the Taco Bell Chihuahua).
- Sublime Seafoods - A first-class restaurant, as seen in the SpongeBob SquarePants: Employee of the Month computer game
- Super Weenie Hut Jr's - a restaurant as seen in "No Weenies Allowed" and "Stuck in the Wringer".
- Tea Parlor - Seen in Where's Gary?.
- Weenie Hut Jr's - a restaurant where "weenies" hang out. There is a robot waiter who serves soda and hot dogs. SpongeBob goes there after he breaks his fingers while trying to crack them. SpongeBob sees Patrick eating there, whom SpongeBob is very surprised and disappointed at. This was seen in "No Weenies Allowed." It is also seen in The Yellow Avenger.
- Donut Hut - A donut shop seen in the episode, "Good Ol' Whatshisname.
- Burger Joint - A place where you get a burger. As seen in "Ripped Pants".
- The Wash - a Laundromat seen in "Mid-Life Crustacean" The Wash charges 75 cents to use a washer and 50 cents to use a dryer.
- Dry Cleaning While-U-Wait - as seen in the episode "SpongeBob Meets the Strangler"
- Laundry - A Laundromat in which Man-Ray does laundry seen in "Shuffleboarding"
- 1/2 Shell (a gas station advertised in the episode "Boating School") Named after Shell gas stations.
- Eat - a truck stop from "What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?".
- Gas - appeared in the episode, "Atlantis SquarePantis."
- Servis Stashun- a service station in the outskirts of Bikini Bottom.
- Bikini Bottom Dock and Shipyard: Seen in the episode, "The Inmates of Summer."
- Bikini Bottom International Airport - an airport that was seen in "SpongeBob Meets the Strangler".
- Snailways Buses - seen in many episodes. These buses are red and look like submarines. They operate both local and long distance service. Bus stops are located everywhere in the city.
- S&P Railroad - a train appears in the episode "Pest of the West," set in the old west days of Bikini Bottom which was then known as Dead Eye Gulch. The name of the railroad appears on the coal tender of the locomotive as it pulls to a stop.
- Modern Railroad - it is unknown if it is the same line, but the railroad appears in the episode "Blackened Sponge," where SpongeBob meets Jack M. Crazyfish and he tries to save a women who has been tied to the railroad tracks.
- Bikini Bottom Subway - Seen when SpongeBob and Patrick fight over a toy in "Yours, Mine and Mine"
- Blandy Franchising Company - mentioned in "Selling Out." Its owner is Howard Blandy, who Mr. Krabs claimed to "worshipped".
- Picnic Supply, Inc. - Sells picnic supplies. They have their own airplanes that transport its products. Once one of their planes were crashing, so they had to drop their supplies in the episode "Club SpongeBob”.
- Salty Sea Farms - mentioned in "Life of Crime"; Mr. Krabs buys his pickles from here.
- Snailpo World Headquarters - Snail food company from which SpongeBob buys Gary's food.
- Nickelodeon, Inc. - Makes the official Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy Paddleball sets. An obvious reference to the channel this show is on. Also mentioned in Atlantis SquarePantis when Sandy was fighting the germs.
- Coral Cola - a drink company that is a parody of Coca Cola Seen in the SpongeBob SquarePants: Operation Krabby Patty video game
- Kelpsi - a drink company that is a parody of Pepsi. The Rusty Anchor in the ‘‘Employee of the Month computer game sells this brand, as well as Coral Cola. Patrick wanted hot ice in his Kelpsi in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie video game.
- Dr. Kelp - a soda company that is a parody on Dr. Pepper. It is almost always on the Krusty Krab menu.
- Bikini Bottom Motor Company - a boat company that is a parody of the Ford Motor Company. It first seen on billboards in Battle for Bikini Bottom, also seen in the episode, "Gone."
- Kelpo - A cereal company. SpongeBob is a customer to this company, as he buys this cereal a lot. They once had an offer for a toy, but required 99 box tops to be sent in.
- KelpsiCola, parody of PepsiCola
- Bran Flakes - Cereal Company, another version of the cereal is Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy Bran Flakes. The cereal was seen in "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy II" and a commercial ad was seen in "As Seen on TV."
- A fruit punch company - a company which produces fruit punch. They have their own tanker trucks which deliver the juice. This was seen in "Doing Time".
- Barnacle Chips - As seen in "Chocolate with Nuts."
- Krust Tooth Paste - A parody of Crest Toothpaste. Seen in "Blackened Sponge."
- Sand Mountain Ski Lodge - located at the top of Sand Mountain.
- Hotel Deep Six - a hotel on the outskirts of Bikini Bottom. SpongeBob and Patrick once solved a crime here in "The Mystery of Hotel Deep Six". It is only seen in the DVD ROM version of The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie video game.
- Hotel - The hotel Mr. Krabs was talking about in the episode "Krusty Towers ".
- Hotel - Another hotel that SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs stayed at in the episode "Kracked Krabs "
- Krusty Towers - A hotel made from the Krusty Krab which in the end collapsed in the episode "Krusty Towers ".
- Bikini Bell - Bikini Bottom's telephone company, a parody of the Bell phone company, that was mentioned in "Life of Crime". A worker from the Bikini Bell was also seen in SpongeBob's backyard fixing his phone line in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie video game.
- Bikini Bottom Fire Department- Appears in a few episodes. Due to firefighters being seen in the city in several episodes, there is probably a fire department. In the episode "Wormy" firefighters and a fire truck can be seen briefly. In "Revenge of the Flying Dutchman", a fire truck is parallel parked in the street. In one episode, the firemen are seen putting out a kitchen fire in the Krusty Krab. The fire started while SpongeBob was daydreaming about jellyfish. In the episode "Squid's Day Off", Squidward is an afraid that SpongeBob will burn down the Krusty Krab and he is passed by a fire truck on his way back to the restaurant. Although the fire station(s) have yet to be seen, the city most likely has a fire department as Bikini Bottom appears to be a fairly large city.
- Bikini Bottom Post Office - a post office. Receives mail and packages. Has a stamp vending machine.
- Bikini Bottom Garbage - Collects garbage in and around town. Their trucks play small roles in episodes such as “The Bully" and "Picture Day".
- Bikini Bottom Realty - A realty company that Squidward tried to sell his house on in "Opposite Day".
- Angry Jack's Shell Emporium - A shell selling store (try to say that ten times fast) that just sells shells (and that) for snails.
- Volcano Shelter - seen in the episode "Sponge-Cano!" It is a place where everyone in Bikini Bottom gathers if Mt. Bikini Bottom erupts. Inside, the town argues about what to do to save buildings and rebuild them with the Mayor and the city council. The Volcano Shelter also doubles as the Recreation Center.
- Citizens of Bikini Bottom United to Keep SpongeBob SquarePants off the Road and out of Boats all Together (C.O.B.B.U.T.K.S.B.S.P.O.T.R.A.O.O.B.A.T) - Self-explanatory.
- Floater Cemetery - located in downtown Bikini Bottom. It was seen in "One Krab's Trash."
- Bikini Bottom Cemetery - located at the end of Anchor Way. It was seen in "Mid-Life Crustacean"
- Wig Cemetery - located on a hill just on the outskirts of Bikini Bottom. It was seen in "Wigstruck".
- Bikini Bottom Dump - located down the hill from the hospital, and down the street from the Adult Learning Center. The dump is protected by a green guard worm wearing a spiked collar and a chain link fence. It is located just outside Bikini Bottom, on the large cliff. The dump is seen in "The Lost Mattress" and "Artist Unknown," seen briefly in "Wigstruck", and "Imagination Day" book.
- Rusty Krab - a retirement home that went bankrupt and was sold to Mr. Krabs.
- Shady Shoals Rest Home - a Rest Home in which its residents include, among others, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy.
- First Nautical Bank - a bank located in downtown Bikini Bottom. SpongeBob and Patrick attempts to rob this bank in "Doing Time," but fail.
- Bikini Bottom Mint - the place Mr. Krabs went to in the episode "Mr. Krabs Takes a Vacation."
- Bikini Bottom Hospital (Located off Downtown, on a hill.)
- Bikini Bottom Head Enhancement Clinic
- Bikini Bottom Veterinarian Hospital - Located on Conch Street. It has been seen only in "Shellback Shenanigans."
- Bikini Bottom Dentistry Clinic - Seen in "Mid-Life Crustacean". The only known dentists there are Purple Doctorfish and Tom.
- Weenie Hut General - A hospital for children and Weenies. It has bright decorations (like Bunnies and ice cream) on the outside of it. (Across from the Bikini Bottom Hospital.)
- Bikini Bottom Ambulance - an ambulance service that appears in many episodes to assist the citizens of Bikini Bottom. Many of the show’s characters, such as Mr. Krabs, SpongeBob, Squidward, Squilliam, Flats, Mrs. Puff, Plankton, and other characters are transported by ambulance to the hospital, sometimes more than once. The ambulance and its EMTs can be seen at other random times in some episodes. The EMTs are often cameos in other episodes. The ambulance is often seen parked next to the hospital out front.
- Bikini Bottom Elementary School - seen in the episode "Krabby Land".
- Bikini Bottom High School - School where Pearl attends. Prom night is held in the gym. The gym is a separate building from the school.
- Mrs. Puff's Boating School - A boating School (drivers' education) in which Mrs. Puff works at.
- Mrs. Flounder's Boating School - Another boating school, in which classes are on Monday mornings (mentioned in the episode "No Free Rides").
- Adult Learning Center - an adult education facility in which Squidward once taught the art class. Cooking classes are also held here. This was seen in the episode "Artist Unknown".
- Bikini Bottom Community College - a college where Patrick Star and Flatts the Flounder went to school.
- Poseidon Elementary School - the school that Mr. Krabs and Plankton went to in the episode Friend or Foe.
- Bikini Bottom Prestigious Music College - is a gifted music school where Squidward was briefly allowed to teach. Squilliam is the school's music teacher. Seen in the episode, "Professor Squidward."
- Bikini Bottom Courthouse - Bikini Bottom's courthouse. Three judges have worked there, Judge Stickleback, Judge Horace A. Whopper, and another male judge in future episodes. There is a parking lot in which only a few free spots are available. Inside, there are the seats for the spectators, the defendant/lawyer's table, a witness stand, and the judge's desk. The courthouse was seen in the episodes "The Krusty Sponge," "The Patty Caper," "Driven to Tears," and "Krabs vs. Plankton."
- Bikini Bottom Jail - Bikini Bottom's main building for holding criminals.
- Bikini Bottom Police Department - Police station featuring the main desk, a large computer to identify criminals, and a few jail cells. Within the series there are often police cars in front of it, but in Battle for Bikini Bottom, there is no police car in front, and the only person there is an uninformed anchovy.
- The Institution for the Criminally Tiny - A prison for small criminals. It owns a police van. It was seen in "The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie".
- Bikini Bottom Prison - an island prison on Inferno Island off the course of the Bikini Bottom Dock and shipyards. SpongeBob and Patrick accidentally went there in "The Inmates of Summer."
- Fry Cook Museum - seen in Neptune's Spatula. It is a museum with many different fry cooking artifacts. There are models of chef fish holding spatulas, a fish with an apple in its mouth, a chef hat, an octopus chef model with 8 oven mitts, a display that says forks plus spoons equals spork, sandwiches, profiles of chefs,(ex. Tough Guy of Grease)eating utensels, and the Golden Spatula in dried Grease. It is unknown if the museum will appear again.
- Hook Museum - seen in Selling Out There are many international hooks hanging on walls.
- Bikini Bottom Historical Museum Seen in Atlantis SquarePantis and Are You Happy Now?. In SpongeBob's Atlantis SquarePantis on the level Snap Happy!, (On commentary version) SpongeBob says the museum used to be a much bigger place, but Patrick sat on one of the sea mines which was still active and BOOM!
- Museum - the museum that SpongeBob destroyed in the episode "The Masterpiece."
- Bikini Bottom Boat Museum - a museum of ships and boats. Seen when SpongeBob goes to the museum in "Nautical Novice."
- Bikini Bottom Library - Seen in "Mid-Life Crustacean" and "Pest of the West."
- Teenage Boy Museum - The museum that Pearl Krabs wanted to vacation at in the episode "Mr. Krabs Takes a Vacation." Right after she got there, the museum got demolished. It is not exactly known why the Teenage Boy Museum got destroyed, but it was probably because sales were low and they were out of money, so they sold the place and it got demolished. It is right across from the Bikini Bottom Mint.
- Bikini Bottom Folk Village - seen very briefly in the episode "Clams". One of Squidward's favorite places to go for recreation.
- Seashell Park - a park with a river flowing through it, there is also a playground and a picnic area. Seen in "Karate Choppers".
- Playground - a popular playground for children located on Conch Street.
- Playground - seen in the episode "Krabby Land."
- Fancy Springs - seen very briefly in the episode "Clams". Another one of Squidward's favorite places in the whole ocean.
- Fast Food Coliseum - Where the Fry Cook Games are held.
- Bikini Bottom Zoo - Bikini Bottom's zoo.
- Fish-Out-of-Water Park - from the book Fish Happens!
- Pamper Island - seen very briefly in the episode "Clams". Yet another one of Squidward's favorite places in the whole ocean.
- The Reef - Bikini Bottom's movie theater that the characters have gone to in several episodes.
- Gym - a place where Larry the Lobster works out.
- Bikini Bottom Art Society - A place where an Art Contest is held. Seen in "The Art Contest" picture book.
- Bigshot Records - a record company. They record songs to be put on disk.
- Pinky's Dance Studio - a dance studio that was revealed in "Night Light."
- Bikini Bottom Petting Zoo - was only mentioned by SpongeBob in "Breath of Fresh Squidward."
- Sizzling Spring Sauna - mentioned in Life of Crime by Patrick.
- Pinky's Dance Studio - a dance studio that was revealed in "Night Light."
- Golf Course - seen in "Selling Out." It was also mentioned in the episode "A Friendly Game."
- Bikini Bottom Speedway
- Medieval Moments - a jousting stadium and restaurant.
- Fast Food Coliseum- seen in the episode, "The Fry Cook Games."
- Oyster Stadium - located in the Zoo; seen in "The Great Snail Race."
- Basscar Baytona 400 - a racecar track seen in "A Squarepants Family Vacation" It is a reference of NASCAR and a famous NASCAR race called the Daytona 500.
- Chum Coliseum - Built by Plankton, it was only seen in the episode Spongicus .
- The Salty Spittoon - a sailor's club, dubbed "The toughest club in Bikini Bottom."
- Tough Tavern - a bar as seen in "SpongeBob Meets the Strangler".
- Thug Tug - A tough club inside a sunken boat, as seen in ‘‘The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie. (Not in bikini bottom)
- Bikini Bottom Convention Hall - home to a navy sailors reunion, as seen in ‘‘Shell of a Man
- Goofy Goober's Ice Cream Party Boat - An ice cream store on the road to Shell City from Bikini Bottom. Though it is a kid's bar, SpongeBob and Patrick go there. It has a mascot dressed as a peanut called Goofy Goober. Besides food, the Ice Cream Party Boat also sells merchandise such as back scratchers, underwear and CDs of the Goofy Goober theme tune. Probably a parody of "Goober" peanut butter.
- Bikini Bottom Symphony Hall - appears in many episodes, especially Squidward-based episodes. Squidward goes there along with many other fishes with talent. SpongeBob and Patrick went there in "Slimy Dancing". Squidward went there on the episode Best Day Ever, and performed his music recital. Also, the performance of "Best Day Ever". In "Sponge-Cano!", the place had a sign saying it was a Volcano Shelter.
- Bikini Bottom Opera House - an establishment where grownups like to go. Has a stage, 8 piers for seats and a fancy ceiling
- Bikini Bottom Men’s Club - a club with a hall and a fancy restaurant.
- Cephalopod lodge- Squids most favorite place to go and where he actually has proper friends.
- Glove World - A theme park dedicated to gloves. It is a parody of Six Flags.
- Valentine's Day Carnival - A carnival that is based on Valentine’s Day.
- Neptune's Paradise - A theme park that SpongeBob, Patrick, and Sandy visited in the Employee of the Month computer game.
- Goo Lagoon Pier - Part of Goo Lagoon.
- Planet Roller Coaster - Another one of the places Pearl wanted to vacation at in the episode, "Mr. Krabs Takes a Vacation."
- Carnivals - seen in some episodes.
For certain or unknown reasons, some places in Bikini Bottom are no longer standing.
- Shelly Superhighway - A large highway founded by Sheldon (Shelly) J. Plankton that goes directly through Jellyfish Fields. It was built and torn down in "SpongeBob's Last Stand."
- Bubble Stand - A temporary bubble stand that SpongeBob built. He charged 25 cents for each bubble blown. He also gave lessons for beginners - 25 cents. Seen in "Bubblestand.”
- Your New Mall - seen in "Skill Crane," this shopping mall was under construction, but knocked down by Squidward.
- Kelp Shake - A highly popular restaurant selling Kelp Shakes that had several locations throughout Bikini Bottom. It was closed down after having been discovered to have an ingredient that causes you to grow green hair all over. The idea of them popping up all over is a parody of Starbucks
- Coffee. (seen in Best Frenemies)
- Krabby O Mondays - A family oriented restaurant that replaced The Krusty Krab for a short time while Mr. Krabs retired.
- Krusty Towers - A hotel that Mr. Krabs made himself seen in Krusty Towers.
- Rusty Krab - a retirement home that went bankrupt and was sold to Mr. Krabs.
- Pretty Patties- A kiosk in front of SpongeBob's house that sold painted Krabby Patties in "Patty Hype."
- Teenage Boy Museum - The museum that Pearl wanted to vacation at in the episode "Mr. Krabs Takes a Vacation." Right after she got there, the museum got demolished. It is not exactly known why the Teenage Boy Museum got destroyed, but it was probably because sales were low and they were out of money, so they sold the place and it got demolished. The location is right across from the Bikini Bottom Mint.
From Other Time Periods
Basic Prehistoric Era
Advanced Prehistoric Era
Advanced prehistoric Bikini Bottom appeared in "Ugh." The water is very murky. A forested area features tall grass and trees with vines. Only three known structures exist: SpongeGar's Ancient Pineapple (contains a bed on the floor, with a rock on a bone shelf as an alarm clock. A cave painting of SpongeGar jellyfishing is on the wall); Squog's Ancient Easter Island Head (A key is required to get inside; it has two floors, the main floor has a rock with two thick sticks (one harder than the other) and the other floor is the art gallery where Squog painted a little bit); Patar's Ancient Rock.
Medieval Bikini Bottom appeared in Dunces and Dragons. The water has a different coloration, shaded pale yellow.
- King Krabs' castle - the castle. It Looks like the Krusty Krab, but is white. Where King Krabs and Princess Pearl resides. Contains a large dungeon area, a throne room with a guillotine, and the prophecy wall above the throne.
- Planktonamor’s tower - the tower where the evil wizard Planktonamor and his wife Karen lives. Contains a spiral staircase.
- Village - the main village area. Contains schools, hospitals, a hotel and the following:
- Ye Olde Bowling Alley - seen briefly in "Dunces and Dragons."
- Ye Olde Folks Home - seen briefly in "Dunces and Dragons."
- Farmland - farmland spread out over the kingdom land.
- Armor Shop- a store that sells and makes armor.
In 41st Century Bikini Bottom, everything is painted with chrome as seen in "SB-129". The future Krusty Krab was seen, which contains a normal kitchen, only everything is chrome. A can opener room (down hall and to the left) and a Time Machine (down hall and to the right) are featured as well. The Time Machine is actually pink and green with a Tiffany-style light fixture, and has a lever labeled "past" and "future", with a key and three buttons to the right.
From Other Dimensions
- Unknown Dimension (possibly the space-time continuum or even the Void
This dimension features multi-colored squares, in different places which disappear when lifted, and it comes with a blank white background. Mysterious voices lurk around and copy words that are said (while spelling them out using goofy fonts), and it's hard to get out as running around here will take you back to where you started, as inspired by The Matrix. However, the time machine is always right under where you stand (revealed in SB-129). The only known way to access this place is to destroy the time-switch activator in a time machine. Squidward is the only known character to have gone to this dimension.
Parallel Bikini Bottom
An opposite version of Bikini Bottom; the only known inhabitants are parallel versions of SpongeBob and Patrick. Parallel SpongeBob has been seen in several episodes, including "Wet Painters" and "Something Smells," while Parallel Patrick has only been seen in "Rule of Dumb" and "Roller Cowards."
the 9th Dimension
A dimension mentioned in "Big Pink Loser" and in a video game. Not much is known about this dimension, except that there are giant monkey men out to destroy it. Patrick's lifelong goal is to find a way to access this dimension, defeat the giant monkey men, and save its inhabitants. It probably doesn't exist, though.
the 8th Dimension
A dimension also mentioned in "Big Pink Loser." Like the 9th dimension, not much is known about this dimension, except that there are creatures trying to destroy it. The creatures are known as the little monkey men, which are similar to the giant monkey men in the 9th dimension, but much smaller. Patrick mentioned this when SpongeBob told him that trying to defeat the giant monkey men and saving the 9th dimension would be a little hard in "Big Pink Loser." Like the 9th dimension, the 8th dimension probably doesn't exist, either.
|Locations (V • T • E)|
Barg'N-Mart • Chum Bucket • Krusty Krab • Mermalair • Mrs. Puff's Boating School • Bikini Bottom Mall • Goofy Goober's Ice Cream Party Boat • Hats • Reef Cinema • Bikini Bottom Jail • Bikini Bottom Hospital