Bikini Bottom is obviously the main city in the SpongeBob SquarePants series, although a few other cities, towns, villages and other residential places are either shown or mentioned in the series, including:
- Rock Bottom- A weird city SpongeBob and Patrick accidentally get stuck in and don't understand. ("Rock Bottom")
- Tentacle Acres- (A. K. A. Squidville)- A neighborhood/city where people are like Squidward. ("Squidville")
- Dead Eye Gulch- (Not Bikini Bottom yet)- A western, older version of Bikini Bottom. ("Pest of the West")
- Shell City- A gift shop and forbidden city on land, employing The Cyclops. ("The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie")
- New Kelp City- A city similar to Bikini Bottom that outlaws bubble blowing, much to SpongeBob's disliking. Parody of New York City. ("What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?", "Where's Gary?")
- Monster-infested Trench- A "deep, dark, hazardous" trench inhabited by monsters. ("The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie")
- (Part of) Texas ("Rodeo Daze")
- Nowhere- A "city" in which a welcome sign to it is seen with a population of 0. ("SpongeBob's Last Stand")
- Far-Out-Ville- Not to be confused with Farawayville (below). Plankton fell off of a train and came here. It has a bank, train, train station, and Rest Home. ("SpongeBob's Mystery With a Twistery")
- Atlantis- There are two versions of this city. The first version seen in Neptune's Spatula and The Clash of Triton. The second version was seen in Atlantis SquarePantis.
- Unknown City- Gary ran away from home in Have You Seen This Snail? and went there, found by Grandma.
- Unknown City 2- Seen in Pizza Delivery because Spongebob`s pioneer trick failed.
- Failure Town
- Stupidtown (mentioned by Nat in Big Pink Loser)
- Bikini Gulch- Dead Eye Gulch before Dead Eye Plankton took over the city. (Pest of the West)
- Ukelele Bottom- Holds a Jellyfishing Convention. ("I Was a Teenage Gary")
- Farawayville- Girly Teengirl lived here. ("The Slumber Party")