Bikini Bottom is the main city in the SpongeBob SquarePants series, although a few other cities, towns, villages and other residential places are either shown or mentioned in the series, including:
- Rock Bottom- A weird city deep down a cliff/abyss/trench where SpongeBob and Patrick accidentally get stuck in and don't understand. It has appeared in the episode "Rock Bottom" and various SpongeBob SquarePants video games.
- Tentacle Acres- (A.K.A. Squidville)- A neighborhood/city where people are like Squidward. ("Squidville")
- Dead Eye Gulch- (Not Bikini Bottom yet)- A western, older version of Bikini Bottom. ("Pest of the West")
- Shell City- A gift shop and forbidden city on land, employing The Cyclops. ("The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie")
- New Kelp City- A city similar to Bikini Bottom that outlaws bubble blowing, much to SpongeBob's disliking. Parody of New York City. ("What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?")
- Monster-infested Trench- A "deep, dark, hazardous" trench inhabited by monsters. ("The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie")
- (Part of) Texas ("Rodeo Daze")
- Nowhere- A "city" in which a welcome sign to it is seen with a population of 0. ("SpongeBob's Last Stand")
- Far-Out-Ville- Not to be confused with Farawayville (below). Plankton fell off of a train and came here. It has a bank, train, train station, and Rest Home. ("SpongeBob's Mystery With a Twistery")
- Atlantis- There are two versions of this city. The first version seen in "Neptune's Spatula" and "The Clash of Triton." The second version was seen in "Atlantis SquarePantis."
- Bass Vegas- Gary ran away from home in "Have You Seen This Snail?" and went there, found by Grandma.
- Unknown City 2- Seen in "Pizza Delivery" because SpongeBob`s pioneer trick failed.
- Stupidtown (mentioned by Nat in "Big Pink Loser")
- Bikini Gulch Dead Eye Gulch before Dead Eye Plankton took over the city. (Pest of the West)