This article is in need of cleanup in order to comply with Encyclopedia SpongeBobia's Manual of Style. Please help this Wiki by making this article clean and tidy!
This article is currently in the middle of an expansion or major revamping. Please help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by contributing to it.
This is a list of milestones achieved by the animated TV series SpongeBob SquarePants.
- May 1, 1999 - The series airs for the first time.
- April 8, 2000 - The series' first season ends with "Hooky" and "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy II."
- February 19, 2007 - The series' fifth season starts with "Rise and Shine," "Waiting," and "Sing a Song of Patrick."
- May 1, 2009 - The series has reached a 10 year run on television.
- July 19, 2009 - The series marks the airing of the first 100 episodes (although episodes after the 100th had aired).
- April 11, 2012 - The series became the longest running animated series on Nickelodeon.
- July 21, 2012 - The series makes a switch to widescreen high-definition.
- October 15, 2016 - The series' tenth season starts with "Whirly Brains."
This list is incomplete, but you can help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
Longest animated series on Nickelodeon
SpongeBob SquarePants first aired on May 1, 1999. On April 11, 2012, when SpongeBob SquarePants aired its 173rd episode, this made SpongeBob SquarePants become the longest running animated series on Nickelodeon (before, Rugrats was the longest running animated series on Nickelodeon with 172 episodes).
The ninth season will contain a total of 26 episodes, bringing the series' overall episode count to 204. This will make SpongeBob SquarePants the first Nicktoon to pass the milestone of 200 episodes.
This article is in need of expansion, but it is not a stub. You can help Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by adding more information. Please remove this template when done.