Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The following list shows the deceased characters and crew members of the show. The asterisk (*) represents a nearly killed character.
- Driver Fish - In "Something Smells," his car exploded in an accident caused by SpongeBob's stinky breath. A policeman then placed a ticket on his charred vehicle.
- Mr. Puff - Made into a lamp, most likely in Shell City. Shown in the episode "Krusty Love."
- Frog Fish - Eaten by a giant eel in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie when it ate the Patty Wagon.
- Plankton's Ancestors - Eaten by a whale in "One Coarse Meal."
- Squidward's toilet - Choked to death due to Patrick using it in "House Fancy."
- Sea Bug - A small creature from the trench that was eaten by a tentacle while hiding in the skull in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- The Skeleton Fish - Dies of unknown causes prior to "One Krabs Trash" and resurrected as zombies in the cemetery. Mr. Krabs kills them again by beating/dismembering them a swordfish's nose bone.
- Squidward's Hopes and Dreams - Probably died after SpongeBob moved in.
- Eugene H. Krabs* - Has died several times throughout the series. In "Born Again Krabs," he dies from food poisoning. The Flying Dutchman revives him. In "Wishing You Well," he gets steamed and eaten alive. However, this death was also not permanent as he appears in many episodes afterwards.
- Mouse - Eaten by Snaky in "Wormy."
- Scallops - Karate chopped by SpongeBob in "To Love a Patty" to protect Patty.
- Worm from Appleworld - Fed to Junior in "Rock-a-Bye Bivalve."
- Band Members - Died while trying to play Patrick's song in "Sing a Song of Patrick" because the first guitarist said that they'll do it even if it kills them, so they died because Patrick's song was so horrible.
- Kid - Hooked in "Hooky." Only his shoes were seen.
- Mirror SpongeBob - In "Something Smells," he commits suicide by smashing himself with a hammer. However, he returns in later episodes.
- 2 anchovies - Grabbed hold of a hook and reeled in because they smelled SpongeBob's stinky breath in "Something Smells."
- Flying Dutchman - Died sometime before the series, currently a ghost. His grave was shown in "The Curse of Bikini Bottom."
- Smitty Werben Jager Man Jensen - Died from an unknown cause and was killed again by Mr. Krabs in "One Krabs Trash."
- Chip* - Eaten by Gary in "I Had an Accident." (This might not count as a deceased character, as Chip was never alive in the first place.)
- Flag Twirlers (Fred and Pilar) - Both were twirling hard by Squidward's commands, and they flew into the sky and hit a helium dirigible. They both died while one of the trumpeters plays Taps, and Squidward lied on the ground. However, one Flag Twirler (Fred) is back near the end of the episode, "Band Geeks."
- Scooter - Left buried by "Bubble Buddy" and supposedly drowned from high tide and turned to his angelic soul form. Oddly, he has re-appeared multiple times.
- Grandpa SquarePants* - Possibly died from unknown causes before the series and is mentioned by SpongeBob in two episodes, "Rock Bottom," and "The Sponge Who Could Fly."
- Corporal Sterling - Was shoved in a locker as a prank when Mr. Krabs was in the Navy. Either died from being squashed, hunger, thirst, suffocation or was eaten by the spiders in the locker in "Squidward in Clarinetland."
- Sergeant Roderick* - May have died from getting hit by the boat driven by SpongeBob in "Mrs. Puff, You're Fired."
- Plankton's Death Robot - Smashed to bits by Mr. Krabs in "Eek, an Urchin!" He is smashed into the form of a lunchbox.
- Karen 2 - Destroyed by Karen in "Karen 2.0."
- Mrs. Krabs* - The viewers of SpongeBob have mysteries on what happened to Pearl's mother, Mr. Krabs' wife, Mrs. Krabs. She has never been seen before, and is unknown if she is a sperm whale or not, and if she is dead or divorced from Mr. Krabs.
- Lord Poltergeist - Died sometime before the series, currently a ghost.
- Primitive Ancestors - The Primitive ancestors (such as SpongeGar, Patar, and Squog) are obviously dead. They could have died by a natural cause, or old age in "SB-129" and "Ugh."
- Medieval Ancestors - The Medieval ancestors (such as King Krabs, The Dark Knight, and Planktonamor) are obviously dead. They could have died by a natural cause, or old age in "Dunces and Dragons."
- Western Ancestors - The Western ancestors (such as SpongeBuck, William Krabs, and Pecos Patrick) are obviously dead. They could have died by a natural cause, or old age seen in "Pest of the West."
- Green Olaf:* May have died from being launched away with a catapult into the sea in "Dear Vikings."
- Victor Krabs - Mr. Krabs' father. Died from unknown causes before the series. He is seen in a painting in the Krusty Krab in "Gullible Pants."
- The Jellions - All of them (and their clones) exploded in "Planet of the Jellyfish" from encountering Mayo, their weakness.
- Evil Alien Jellyfish Overlord - Exploded in "Planet of the Jellyfish" from beign doused in mayo.
- Rusty Rickets - Claimed to have died by Mr. Krabs in "Séance Shméance."
- First Bubble Giant - Died after being popped by Patrick and then floating through the atmosphere in the episode "It Came from Goo Lagoon."
- Patty Gadget: Blew up in "SpongeBob vs. The Patty Gadget".
- Hospitalized Fish: In "The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water," Dr. Forrest tells the wife of a fish who was hospitalized after eating too many Krabby Patties that "he'll be gone in a week."
- Jellyfish - Most likely died when Mr. Krabs removed all the jellyfish jelly out of them in "Jellyfish Hunter."
- SpongeBob SquarePants (copy) - Disappeared at the end of "CopyBob DittoPants."
- Cashina* - Explodes when one of Mr. Krabs' tears falls into her mouth in "Married to Money." May not count, since she was simply a robot controlled by Plankton.
- Mrs. Greenback* - Destroyed by a vacuum cleaner in "Safe Deposit Krabs." May not count since she was simply a figure made from money by Mr. Krabs.
Deceased cast members
- Tiny Tim - Although, he wasn't technically a crew member, he did play a part in SpongeBob SquarePants. He died on November 30, 1996, little over two and a half years before the series premiered. He sang the song "Livin' in the Sunlight, Lovin' in the Moonlight" from the episode "Help Wanted."
- Charles Nelson Reilly - Died on May 25, 2007. Original voice of The Dirty Bubble.
- Pat Morita - Died on November 24, 2005. The voice of Udon in Karate Island.
- Lux Interior - Died on February 4, 2009. The voice of the main singer of the band "The Birdbrains."
- Davy Jones - Died on February 29, 2012. His name was mentioned by Flying Dutchman (who is rarely deceased), by the locker in "Born Again Krabs." Davy Jones was revealed in "SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One" which was made before his death.
- Ernest Borgnine - Died on July 8, 2012. He played Mermaid Man. Joe Whyte, who had previously played the character in some video games, will be the voice of the new Mermaid Man, since Borgnine passed away.
- Hal Douglas - Died on March 7, 2014. He did the voice over in the first and third trailers for The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie.
- Rik Mayall - Died on June 9, 2014. The voice of Lord Reginald from "Chimps Ahoy."
- Robin Williams - Died on August 11, 2014. He played himself in "Truth or Square" during the Patchy segment.
- David Bowie - Died on January 10, 2016. He played Lord Royal Highness in "Atlantis SquarePantis."