This article is in need of cleanup in order to comply with Encyclopedia SpongeBobia's Manual of Style. Please help this Wiki by making this article clean and tidy!
Before a video game is released, there may be several things not accessible or not accessible without Gameshark/Action Replay, in the final game.These are called Beta Elements.
- The Shiny Objects were originally different, and resembled crystals.
- The Industrial Park level was going to have three chucks a button to push and a bridge.
- The Tubelet enemies originally had a laser.
- The Kelp Forest was originally set in the daytime.
- Sandy would originally slide on her back during the mountain levels instead of using a shellboard.
- The proto also lacked special effects and sounds.
- SpongeBob originally used a regular helmet for the Bubble Bash.
- There was an unused soccer ball that was supposed to replace the watermelons. It was most likely a placeholder graphic.
- Boss fights arenas were different.
- Goo Lagoon would have be very glitchy in the beta.
- Robots would be in different places too.
- The thunder tiki and the flying tiki were supposed completely different in the beta.
- The Up and Down arrow on the Pause menu screen was going to be 2 pineapples instead of Jellyfishes.
- In the Robo-Sandy boss the Poseidome logo on the middle of the fight it was going to be target just like the Krusty Krab Tables.
- A Robo-Squidward boss was also planned, but was taken out due to memory constraints, lack of time, or the fact that each character alternates boss fights. However, in the Game Boy Advance version, there is a Robo-Squidward And also in Nicktoons Freeze Frame Frenzy there's a robo Squidward and it made a appearance in SpongeBob's Truth or Square.
- The question mark sign was going to be a picture of Gary.
- There was a lot of Usused textures Audio And animations that was going to be in the game.
- Also on the Beta version, SpongeBob wasn't smiling.
- Hans would come from the Top instead of The right.
- Patrick headbutts enemies instead of hitting them with his belly.
- Different characters were in different places.
- There was an unused level in SpongeBob's Dream (Patrick's Dream), the theme of the level is dessert based, one of the cashews allow you to warp to "Patricks mind" which is what was used for Patrick's dream instead. There is also no sky box and some of the textures are textured from the inside out.
- Patrick's Socks was going to be Anchors instead of Socks.
- Mr Krabs Was going to be in the Chum Bucket But only in the Robo-SpongeBob Boss fight.
- Not only were the characters in different places, in Patrick's Dream, there was The Larry the Lobster, some background characters and 6 robots (Chomp-Bot, Fodder, Chuck, Arf, Arf Dawg, and Slick (The only time Patrick would've encounter it)).
- An unused animation for the Arf when it gets lassoed by Sandy.
- Unused speech for when Patrick encountered Slick and when Sandy encountered Arf.
- There was a different Robot (you don't destroy it, also, it doesn't have an attack).
- There was going to be a Evil Bubble buddy it possible that it was going to be in SpongeBob's Dream.
- In the PS2 Version there's a Unused worm that's was textless and it in Shady Shoals.
- In the final boss fight against Robo-SpongeBob, there was originally supposed to be a third segment where the Robot gets anchor arms and is fought directly (it's shown in the cutscene, but the arms instead deflate). The robot also has a pair of legs and wears a speedo as well.
- the white glove was going to be a Green arrow in the beta.
- In the Sand moutain level there was a different Exit sign.
- Squidward's clarinet is part of his model but he was never been holding it but in the trailers he was holding his clarinet.
- Bosses health meters were completely different from the final version.
- Buttons where going to say "PUSH" Instead of the yellow hand.
- the toll gate was going to have the word "STOP" on the middle of the gate.
- SpongeBob's Sundae from the Season 2 episode "Something Smells" was going to be a power up that allows SpongeBob Patrick and maybe Sandy Run faster and break stone tikis.
- the Shiny Objects donation Box was going to be completely different from the final version.
- There's was going to be a beach fish in goo lagoon wearing a blue bikini.
- By hacking the game you can bring up an early pause menu screen. One of the levels are titled, "Glove World" which could mean that Glove World! was planned to original be a level, but scrapped in the final version.
For more information vist the page on TCRF - http://tcrf.net/SpongeBob_SquarePants:_Battle_for_Bikini_Bottom
- There are a lot of beta things that can be seen in the Extra.
- Characters had different attacks.
- Some enemies from the old game were cut.
- Some bosses were cut.
- There was some glitchy Goofy Goober costumes for SpongeBob and Patrick in the beta but they never got used. They can be used in the final game with Action Replay or a cheat device or any other cheat trainer. SpongeBob's is glitchy and only works in Sundae Driving, while Patrick's works well in any level.
- Some levels with different maps were removed.
- SpongeBob and Patrick had extra clothes in the beta.
- Characters were not shiny and weren't wearing bucket heads.
- Patty Wagon had a different handling.
- Damaged Patty Wagon looks different in the beta.
- There was going to be a unused level in the beta where you would save the Goofy Goober. It was cut in the final either because it was time consuming, had nothing to do with the movie plot or it was just turned into Sundae Driving.
- Bikini Bottom looked different.
- Some vehicles looked different and had different colors in the beta.
- SpongeBob's Guitar was different.
- Enemies was not wearing shirts in the beta.
- The targets were going to be evil pictures of Plankton in the level Rub a Dub, Silp Silde in the Tub.
- In the first boss level I Let you pet Mr Whiskers you would defeat all of the bucket head enemies first before you defeat the Frogfish boss.
- The buttons were supposed to be a Yellow block.
- in the level Now That We're Men Patrick does not have the Kelp on his face.
- In the level No Cheese! there were 3 buttons and a platform.
- in the level Rub a Dub Slide in the tub the tub was completely different.
- Some of the Levels was different textures.
- There's was Unused graphics and textures.
- Also there's was unused graphics for SpongeBob Sandy Squidward And Plankton.
- The Z and fuel counters looked different in the beta version.
- SpongeBob's airplane was completely different, resembling more of a boat than an actual airplane.
- In Rocket Rodeo, there was either an unused part or a beta version of the black hole mini-stage.
- There was an unused trailer cafe called The Kookie Cook.
- During the map cut scenes of Alaskan Belly Trouble, one can see two unused enemies that were supposed to be in the second level of Alaskan Belly Trouble and are possibly variants of the Crab and Spitting Piranha enemies.
- There were originally ten health spots instead of five.
- On the back of the GameCube version, you can see three mock up screenshots.
- A Delta version of the game can be visible by waiting on any main screen.
- Plankton would have trip over the badge in It came from Bikini Bottom.
- Revenge of the Giant Plankton Monster level was different, having more buildings and lighter background.
- Starfishman was originally going to have his black outline from "Starfishman to the Rescue" in "Rooftop Rumble", but it was removed in the final version. It can be visible in some screenshots of "Rooftop Rumble" and the attract trailer.
- The Giant Plankton laser icon was different, being a cutout of a screenshot instead of a 2D image of him shooting a laser.
- Pearl in the talent show level (deleted level except in the DS and PSP version, but Pearl doesn't appear).
- Man Ray in the Mermalair.
- There's was going to be 2Level that was based on Culture Shock and Krusty Krab Training Video But it's only appears in the DS and The PSP versions.
- The Salesfish was supposed to appear in every version but he only appears in the DS version.
- There's was going to be a Unused driving level in the PSP version.
- There's was a early game demo for this game.
- Buy Looking at the Concept art Some for the concept art was going to be power's up that would be possibly to upgrade through the whole game.
- There are also unused robots in the concept art. One of them is a flying one, one of them is similar to the used variant but instead has a brown hinge reviewing the cannon, another one is a robot that goes underground and performs a spin attack, and the other one performs the spin attack and act like a trampoline. All of the robots are used in the DS version and all robots except the underground spinning one appears in the PSP version.
- In the first And boss level of the Invader Zim World you play as Spongebob And Tak in the Beta version.
- characters health meters were different.
- Not only you play as SpongeBob And Tak in the Invader ZIM levels but you would play as different characters in different worlds.
- The Industrial Park in the PSP version the sky was going to be realistic instead of brown sky.
- The SpongeBob and the dirty Bubble icons were different in the beta.
- SpongeBob would Not be wearing in Mermaid Man's Belt in the beta.
- There's was a unused Model for Mr krabs.
- There's Unused graphics text and sounds.
- The Button Meter Was Going to be on the Bottom Instead of the Top.
- The Last Tank Level Had A different SkyBlox, Different Time Meter, Different Target Meter, And A Different Points Meter In the Beta.
- There's was a early title in the beta.
- SpongeBob Timmy Jimmy And Danny Phantom were different in the beta.
- Characters health meters and characters pictures were different from the final version.
- Coins Green powerups and The Purple powerups would be different in the beta.
- These was unused audio in the beta version.
- These was going to be a GBA link feature used in the GameCube version, but it was scrapped.
- The coins was going to be orbs.
- SpongeBob would be in his Karate gear for a fifth Costume in the Beta. He still wears it in the final, but only in the Sandy/Larry karate fights.
- There's was a Unused title screen.
- There was going to be a unused room in SpongeBob's House in the beta. Because of the speakers, this room was likely based off of the Season 1 episode "Jellyfish Jam."
- There was unused music in the PS1 version.
- Also in the PS1 version, there are unused dialogue and graphics.
- Squidward's was not a sprite in the E3 demo, as he was a 3D model.
- Patrick was smaller in the beta version and a 3D model.
- An E3 demo and a pre-E3 demo are available, with lots of differences.
- The health bar was going to be an icon of SpongeBob that would go red if you got hit.
- Spongebob would have use his Karate Gear as a attack in the PS1 Version but it was removed But Spongebob still have the Karate Gear in the GameBoy Advance version.
- There's was going to be 3 unused Enemies in the beta.
- SpongeBob would have other death animations.
- There was a was unused music.
- The Pencil ink meter was going to be a Pencil instead of a pink meter.
- There's was going to be a Pink Square on the top middle of the Screen meant for the item's.
- SpongeBob Patrick Plankton and the other Nicktoons were different.
- There were unused Graphics.
- There's Unused graphics in the beta.
- There was a Screen Adjust in the beta.
- There was Unused Cutscenes in the beta.
- SpongeBob, Patrick, Sandy, Squidward, And the other Nicktoons were different in the beta.
- Zim (for Invader Zim) was Possibly be a playable Character in the beta.
- Different Androids clones were in Different places.
- Spongebob El tigre And Danny Phantom were different in the Beta.
- The Pig Combo move and health meter were different.
- Possible The Invader Zim Boss has a secret phase.
- The Multiple and division screens wnen you pick a number was going to be different in the beta.
- These was unused music in the SpongeBob Danny phantom and Tak levels.
- Characters has unused Dialogue.
- The points meter was going to have 8 instead of 6.
- There were going to falling red bots in each world.
- Different Nicktoons characters were in different worlds.
- The Shows logo for each the nicktoons shows Were going to be different in the beta.