- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Frankie Billy
- Jimmy Gus
- Nat Peterson (cameo in flashback)
- Shubie (cameo in flashback)
- Fish in picture at the hotel
- Hotel cashier (debut)
- Patrick Star
- Mrs. Tentacles (in-person debut)
- Fish in picture at Mrs. Tentacles' House
- King Neptune (cameo in picture)
- Norma Rechid
Both Squidward and SpongeBob are walking to work, and SpongeBob tells a story about overcooking the fries. In the meantime, Squidward realizes the Krusty Krab has dramatically changed. Mr. Krabs has turned it into the Krusty Towers, with the original building now on top of a large tower. Mr. Krabs explains that while he was on vacation, he was shocked by his outrageously high hotel bills, tallying up to $345.00 (mostly shocked at a twenty-five dollar charge for a hamburger he had), and realized how much money hotels can make. He says that the employees there lived by a code: "We shall never deny a guest even the most ridiculous request," which was on a gold plaque above a fireplace in the hotel he stayed at. He put that one for the Krusty Towers.
A customer enters to buy a Double Krabby Patty with cheese, then leaves when Mr. Krabs tells him that he must book a hotel room to order room service to eat their food. Patrick soon arrives and becomes the hotel's first actual guest. After signing the register, which he believed was a test, Squidward carries Patrick's bags (which instantly appeared and were full of rocks), and he tries to take the guest elevator, but Mr. Krabs stops him and explains that he must take the "employee elevator," which is in fact, a staircase. Patrick then requests Squidward several more times for ridiculous reasons. Whenever Squidward got to the bottom of the hotel, Mr. Krabs told him to go back up to do something that Patrick wants. After failing to give Patrick a "bubble bath," he quits.
He walks out the door and comes back as a guest, instead of an employee. He decides to take advantage of Mr. Krabs' rules by demanding a room on the top floor and that Mr. Krabs to carry him to get there, which he gets by paying him and using the plaque. Then he ordered a Krabby Patty with cheese, nose hair, and toenail clippings, and forced Mr. Krabs to eat for humor. Also, Patrick had all the cheese all over his room which was supposed to be on that Krabby Patty. Squidward then wanted his cookies like the ones his mother makes which Mr. Krabs resentfully had to get. Then, he wanted Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob to repaint his room and change his furniture only to get it back to its original state. He then wanted an indoor pool. After getting the indoor pool, Patrick jumps in, and the force causes the hotel to collapse, leaving only the original Krusty Krab standing.
Patrick, SpongeBob, Squidward and Mr. Krabs luckily survive, but end up in the hospital with massive injuries. When Mr. Krabs sees the hospital fee ($15,000), he scraps the idea of a hotel and tells Squidward, SpongeBob, and Patrick that they are going to medical school, much to Squidward's dismay and SpongeBob and Patrick's delight.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ You're Nice - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["SpongeBob..."]
‣ The Wheels of Industry - Robert Sharples [hotel revealed]
‣ Harp Gliss 1 - Otto Sieben ["Remember when I went to that fast food convention..."]
‣ Orchids and Roses - Joyce Cochrane ["...and stayed in that fancy hotel?"]
‣ Drama Link (b) - Hubert Clifford ["25 dollars for a hamburger!"]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs gives the hamburger back]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band ["Imagine how much I could charge for a lousy Krabby Patty!"]
‣ Poppin' Around - Bruce Campbell [inside the hotel]
‣ Seaweed - Steve Belfer [Patrick checks in]
‣ The Tip Top Polka/The Cliff Polka - Chelmsford Folk Band ["Squidward, you can take Patrick's bags up to his room."]
‣ Woe is Me! - Richard Myhill [Krabs mocks Squidward]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch ["Fine! Let's go, Patrick."]
‣ Curley Shirley - Otto Sieben [elevator music]
‣ Dramatic Cue (d) - Ronald Hanmer [employee elevator]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch [suitcase full of rocks]
‣ Spindlelegs - Cedric King-Palmer [Patrick's room]
‣ On the Beach - Kapono Beamer [Unclogging Patrick's toilet]
‣ Curley Shirley - Otto Sieben [elevator music again]
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward quits...]
‣ Hawaiian Calypso - Jo Van Wetter [...then returns as a guest]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [shot of plaque]
‣ Tomfoolery - David Snell [Krabs carries Squidward to his room]
‣ Fanfare (a) - Squidward's Krabby Patty is shown.
‣ ? [dramatic sting]
‣ Tomfoolery - David Snell [Patrick's room covered with cheese]
‣ Wooden Bear - Gil Flat, Tony Tape, Florian Voelxen [cookies]
‣ Primitive Force - Raymond C. Jones [SpongeBob and Krabs in ski masks]
‣ The Jitters - Raymond C. Jones [Squidward's mother scream.]
‣ Primitive Force - Raymond C. Jones [Krabs trying to get a big sack in the trunk.]
‣ Steel Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Allow me, boy."]
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield ["There's room for you to sit up front."]
‣ Marching to Honolulu - Kapono Beamer ["Let's go bake some cookies, boys!"]
‣ Unknown Track 44 - "We shall never deny a guest even the most ridiculous request."
‣ Fanfare for a King - Sam Fonteyn [redesign #1]
‣ Tea Dance - Norman John Warren [redesign #2]
‣ ? [redesign #3]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["Perfect!"]
‣ Cream Pie - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [indoor pool]
‣ Evil Mind 8 - Dick de Benedictis [hotel destroyed]
‣ Lazy Afternoon - Jan Rap, Peter Smid [ending]
- This episode is available on the Karate Island, Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Winners Collection, Season 4 Volume 1, Complete Fourth Season and First 100 Episodes DVDs.
- "Krusty Towers" was ranked #4 during the Best Day Ever event on November 9–10, 2006.
- As of August 11, 2016, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 8.6/10 based on 248 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 8.6/10 based on 169 votes.
- It is revealed that Mr. Krabs keeps his laundry in his car.
- It is revealed that Mr. Krabs has a tattoo of an anchor on his chest.
- Krusty Towers ranked as the fourth most-voted SpongeBob episode on the Best Day Ever marathon, only behind "Karate Island," "Wishing You Well," and "Dunces and Dragons" as the first, second, and third respectively.
- If Mr. Krabs made the plague himself, or stole it from the other hotel, he would most likely be sued or arrested for plagiarizing the hotel's motto.
- This episode premiered on the day of the 2006 Kids' Choice Awards.
- This is the second time that an episode premiered on Kids Choice Night. The first was "Help Wanted/Reef Blower/Tea at the Treedome."
- This is actually the second time Squidward's mom is seen. The first was "Fools in April" when she appeared in his thought bubble saying "You stink!" in the deeper, more masculine voice.
- This episode actually aired exactly 6 years after "Fools in April," meaning Squidward's mom had not appeared for exactly six years before this episode.
- This is the second time in an episode where, at one point, SpongeBob's legs turns into rockets. The first was in "Jellyfish Hunter."
- This is the second time toenail clippings are put into a Krabby Patty. The first was in "Nasty Patty."
- This is the third time a character demands constant changes on something or somewhere until they got back where they started. The first two were "Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost," and "Welcome to the Chum Bucket."
- Running Gags: Patrick keeps on forgetting where he is, saying "This is a ______?" and Mr. Krabs receiving overpriced bills.
- Although Patrick said he didn't like the crust on the patties, but when he eats the patties with SpongeBob, he didn't mind the crust.
- Season 4 Volume 1 disc 2 has a case with a cover based on this episode.
- This episode premiered six years after the premiere of "Fools in April" and "Neptune's Spatula."
- When Squidward said "Too bad we couldn't take the elevator" a sign can be seen saying "FLOOR 17." Since that he requested a room on the top floor, it's possible that the seventeenth floor may be the op floor.
- However, it's possible that Squidward wasn't taking him seriously, so there might be more than seventeen floors.
- One of Squidward's suitcases has what appears to be the Taiwanese flag.
- This is the third time Squidward quits, with the first being in "Big Pink Loser," the second being in "Can You Spare A Dime?," and the fourth being in "Mimic Madness."
- In Croatian dub, the episodes name is "Rakov Toranj" translating to "Krab's Tower."
- Its unkown if the Krusty Krab was still operating atop the towers. However, this may explain where the hotel's food comes from.
- The title is a parody of a UK series Fawlty Towers, which was also about a hotel and its owners.
- Patrick's drawing is a reference to monster movies such as King Kong or Godzilla.
- The order of hotel room with cheese is a reference to a hotel room covered with melted cheese which was made at Washington Jefferson Hotel in 1999. A video about the hotel room can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N96PgF7jX9Q
- In this episode Patrick says "I don't like crusts on my sandwich!" This could be a reference to the Ritchie Eat Your Crust scene from Bill Nye the Science Guy because the song Spindlelegs by King Palmer was playing in both the scenes.
- Despite the episode and the building being named "The Krusty Towers," there is only one building.
- The Krusty Towers has seventeen floors (as shown when Squidward says "Too bad we couldn't take the elevator...), but every time it is shown outside, there are twelve floors.
- In addition to this, in the DVD cover based on this episode, the Krusty Towers has only 6 floors. Although this may have been done because it would be hard to fit all 12 floors of the Krusty Towers on the background of the DVD cover artwork.
- In the DVD cover based on this episode, SpongeBob can be seen wearing a red employee outfit in the front cover where it should be blue.
- When SpongeBob says "How may I serve you, sir?" he has no eyelashes, until when he salutes, then they appear in the rest.
- The first clip showing Mr. Krabs saying, "That hotel was a bad idea" it showed bandages on his feet, but when he says "forget hotels" they were gone, then when he said "pack your bags, boys" they were shown again.
- When Mr. Krabs first served Squidward and took him upstairs, he was wearing blue clothes. When he went back to the reception desk, the former was wearing a black suit. When he once again went upstairs to assist Squidward, he was in his blue clothes.
- The Krusty Towers is on the wrong side of Conch Street. It is usually on Patrick Star's House side.
- On the Karate Island DVD, the closed-captions for this episode misspell Krabby Patty as "Crabby Patty."
- Patrick said he doesn't like the crust on his Krabby Patty, but he ate Krabby Patties with crust on them when he split them with SpongeBob.
- When ranting about how Squidward giving him stupid demands, Mr. Krabs asks "Or make a back scratcher out of me own spine?" Crabs are invertebrates, so Mr. Krabs doesn't have a spine.
- When Squidward takes the staircase, there seems to be no turns which means the staircase can't fit inside the building.
- It could be that the turns aren’t visible at the bottom of the staircase.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia (original • authors). Both Encyclopedia SpongeBobia and Wikipedia are licensed under the CC BY-SA 3.0 Unported license.|