"Krusty Krushers" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season six. In this episode, Mr. Krabs wants to manage SpongeBob and Patrick as a tag team wrestling duo to win $1,000,000.
This episode starts off with a wrestling tournament being held at the Recreation Center
in Bikini Bottom
. Perch Perkins announces that the prize is one million dollars. Mr. Krabs overhears this and is very excited to get the money (which he implies is going to be easy). Mr. Krabs runs to the back of the line to defeat the two huge and strong fish known as the "undefeated world heavyweight champions." When he sees how badly people are getting hurt from trying to beat the champions, he has second thoughts on entering this wrestling tournament. He then has an idea of making SpongeBob and Patrick beat them.
He blindfolds them and drags them in front of the opponents. They try to figure out what is in front of them before they take off the blindfolds. The champions grab them and squeeze them 'til their blindfolds break. SpongeBob and Patrick are terrified by them and run away behind Mr. Krabs. He tells them that they are pretending to be heavyweight champions. Patrick quickly shows SpongeBob his behind to show him that he has been working out. Just to comfort them, he decides their names (SpongeBob is the Shurlor Boy and Patrick is the Pink Patty and together they are the Krusty Krushers).
SpongeBob and Patrick are announced to be the "fresh meat" of the champions. They get almost killed in every which way by their opponents (which includes being liquefied and thrown repeatedly). SpongeBob and Patrick soon fall asleep and (while they are unconscious) the opponents decide to kill them with their deadly finishing move. Mr. Krabs is scared that they will die and he won't get the million clams. At the last minute, SpongeBob and Patrick end up winning, thanks to Patrick's "Iron Buns" (which crack the champions into pieces).
Mr. Krabs is very excited, thinking the money is his but, there was another prize which was Wrestle Camp, only to find, to his dismay, SpongeBob and Patrick choose to go to Wrestle Camp instead. As a man uses a vacuum to suck all of the money away from Mr. Krabs, he turns into pieces as SpongeBob places a Wrestling Camp hat on him.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Earl's Revenge - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Team Trophy - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy [opening]
‣ The Pollywog Strut - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony ["Free?! Gimme, gimme, gimme..."]
‣ Unknown Track 27 - Fabian Fernandez [heavyweight champs introduced]
‣ Fanfare (b) - Nicolas Carr ["Million... dollars... cash... prize?!"]
‣ Battle March Link (f) - Keith Mansfield [Krabs rips his shirt off]
‣ Roman March - Robert Sharples [wrestling match begins]
‣ Unknown Track 27 - Fabian Fernandez ["No living soul should suffer through what I've witnessed today."]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["Except maybe..."]
‣ Gator - Steve Belfer [SpongeBob, Patrick blindfolded]
‣ Unknown Track 27 - Fabian Fernandez [SpongeBob, Patrick in the ring]
‣ Armed Attack - Jean Clero ["Hey, who are those guys, Mr. Krabs?"]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["The act?"]
‣ Steel Link (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["We like pretending!"]
‣ ? [workout videos]
‣ Solo Steel 4 - Jeremy Wakefield ["I can even do it in my sleep"]
‣ Men of the Sea - Peter Hope ["Wow! Can we have cool nicknames, too?"]
‣ Steel Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Now go out there, wrestle me up a million dollars!"]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield ["Hmm? Oh, yeah."]
‣ Do the Hitchhike - Syd Dale [Krusty Krushers announced]
‣ Unknown Track 27 - Fabian Fernandez [champions announced/SpongeBob, Patrick getting beat up]
‣ Steel Sting (c) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Yeah! How fun was that?"]
‣ Comic Walk - Nicolas Carr ["Did you need something, Mr. Krabs?"]
‣ Entry of the Heroes (d) - Gregor F. Narholz ["Let's show these two what they're messing with."]
‣ Entry of the Heroes (a) - Gregor F. Narholz [SpongeBob threatens the wrestlers/Patrick threatens the wrestlers]
‣ Steel Sting (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I got a paper cut!"]
‣ Unknown Track 27 - Fabian Fernandez [paddleball/cement mixer]
‣ Cartoon Sting 1 - "What are you doing out there?!"
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Hey, where'd they-"]
‣ Unknown Track 27 - Fabian Fernandez ["Oh, no! Not the..."]
‣ Lullaby Box - Leo Nissim [sleeper hold]
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["End it?!"]
‣ Unknown Track 27 - Fabian Fernandez [Krabs trying to wake SpongeBob, Patrick]
‣ ? [Patrick's dream]
‣ Unknown Track 27 - Fabian Fernandez ["Oh, who am I kidding?"]
‣ Steel Sting (b) - Jeremy Wakefield [champions defeated]
‣ Ancient Fanfare [#51] - Harry Bluestone [SpongeBob and Patrick win]
‣ Big Show Theme - Robert Sharples [$1 million]
‣ Gala Premiere - Laurie Johnson [SpongeBob and Patrick choose Wrestle Camp]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr [ending]
- As of May 13, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 7.0/10 based on 131 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 7.7/10 based on 99 votes.
- On the Winner Take All Sunday marathon, this episode was #7 A.
- The title card is similar to that of "Welcome to the Chum Bucket," except it's rusted.
- The two giant wrestlers are dressed up in this episode like Tarzan Goto and X.
- Many of the people waiting in line to fight the champions were first seen in "No Weenies Allowed."
- "My leg!:" The fighters were defeated by two strong wrestlers.
- Patrick mentions that he is afraid of the dark in this episode. This is also heard in "Night Light" and "Toy Store of Doom."
- Irony: SpongeBob and Patrick's opponents are way more muscular than they are but in "The Fry Cook Games," SpongeBob and Patrick are able to become muscular themselves.
- This is the second episode where SpongeBob and Patrick are involved in wrestling and Mr. Krabs acts like the manager. The first was "The Fry Cook Games."
- This is the eighth episode in which SpongeBob does not wear his normal clothes. The first is "Ripped Pants," the second is "Walking Small," the third is "The Fry Cook Games," the fourth is "SpongeGuard on Duty" (not counting live-action SpongeBob costume), the fifth is "Mermaid Man vs. SpongeBob," the sixth is "The Inmates of Summer," and the seventh is "Sun Bleached."
- However, a goof briefly shows him in his regular clothes in this episode, so it is a bit subjective as to whether this episode truly counts.
- This is the only episode where SpongeBob politely says "Excuse me" after he burps.
- In Germany, this episode is called "Die krossen knochenbrecher," which translates to "The Crispy Bone Crusher."
- According to The Ultimate SpongeBob SpongeBash marathon's Celebrity Favorites, George Lopez rated this episode his favorite.
- This episode has similarities to the Ren and Stimpy episode "Mad Dog Hoek."
- They are similar in that when SpongeBob tells Mr. Krabs he thinks the wrestlers want to hurt them, it is parodied to Stimpy telling Ren that he thinks that the Lout brothers want to hurt them, but tells him that they are just pretending to fight.
- Both of the episodes are like the same because the two episode's wrestling rounds are up to tag teams, and the weak team wins against the big and scary team.
- In the video game Grand Theft Auto 2, there is a district named "Krishna Krushers." The episode's name could be a reference to this.
- The title could also be a reference to The Baby-Sitters Club book called "Kristy's Krushers."
- The Royal Rumble is in fact a real wrestling event produced by the WWE. However, there are 30 wrestlers with one coming out every 90 seconds, the wrestlers must wear their opponent down and throw them over the top rope of the ring and both feet must touch the floor. The last one standing gets the #1 contender spot to face either the current World Heavyweight Champion or the Current WWE Champion at WrestleMania (another WWE Pay Per View event).
- The two wrestlers resemble Undertaker and Kane, the "Brothers of Destruction," who are real wrestlers in the WWE Monday Night Raw and Friday Night Smackdown series.
- Krusty Krushers is a parody of Fire Pro Wrestling Returns and Chocolate Thunder (which is in Wipeout Canada where an arm wrestler appears and places fifth).
- The Sleeper Hold is a real wrestling move, and is used by WWE Superstars Dolph Ziggler, and Roddy Piper.
- After a viewer first sees Mr. Krabs laugh, his movement is suddenly skipped.
- When Patrick was showing off his metal bottom to SpongeBob, his bandanna disappears suddenly, and returns after Patrick gets up, and it vanishes again when Patrick and SpongeBob tell the microphone guy that they are there to fake wrestle.
- When Patrick gets a paper cut, he cuts his right arm, but sucks on his left.
- When Patrick and SpongeBob are spinning in the air and get shredded into pieces, SpongeBob is wearing his regular clothes instead of his wrestling uniform.
- Two wrestlers are easily injured (they are vertebrates), but both SpongeBob and Patrick are not, because both are invertebrates.
- The crowd mainly consisted of duplicates of one character (such as seeing five Freds in one shot).