"Krusty Kleaners" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season eleven. In this episode, after spilling a milkshake during a delivery, SpongeBob vows to return and clean the entire building.
The episode begins with SpongeBob en route with a delivery from the Krusty Krab to an office building. After a few moments, he puts his bike out front and struggles with the revolving door to get in the building. He then slams into the front desk, and proceeds on with the delivery.
Next, he reaches the top floor of the building, only to find a whole bunch of cubicles blocking the way to the office. He gets out his pogo stick and bounces on everybody's cubicle to get to the Boss' office. Once he finds her office, he then slams into the wall and enters the office with the delivery. The bag of food then goes its own way and SpongeBob is tries to catch it, until he catches the bag with his foot. Everything spills out of the bag, including the Krabby Patty and the milkshake.
SpongeBob is trying to clean up the mess with anything he could find (the boss' papers), and she tells him to leave her office. SpongeBob then apologizes for the mistake and vows to clean the entire office building. As SpongeBob walks out, the boss says there is a cleaning robot that does all the work.
That night, SpongeBob and Patrick go to the office building, once again struggle with the door, and slam into the elevator and head up to the 4th floor. As a gum wrapper drops out of the elevator, we meet the Trash robot as he processes the gum wrapper.
When the duo reach the 4th floor, they start to make a huge series of messes, like running into the Shredinator 3000 and Patrick dumping a bucket of water onto a computer, SpongeBob using a leaf blower in a conference room, and Patrick taking all of the ceiling tiles off. Also, Patrick runs into a cubicle divider and destroys all of the cubicles. When they put the dividers back together, they make it into a maze and cannot get out. During this time, the Trash Bot has to collect all of the trash SpongeBob and Patrick have made while cleaning.
As SpongeBob is picking up the last piece of trash, a candy wrapper, The Trash robot shows up and picks up the candy wrapper left on the floor, and SpongeBob plays Tug of War with it. Patrick then swallows the piece of trash. The Robot then looks for trash, and finds the wrapper inside Patrick's body. The robot then deploys a saw to open the body up, but Patrick and SpongeBob run away from the robot like mad men, running into the copy room and the break room on the way. The robot cuts open doors and proceeds on his way to chase the two.
As the robot arrives into the break room, Patrick is clawed and held onto the robot with the pit of fire below him, as Patrick himself is trash to the robot. SpongeBob then calms down the robot as he feeds it trash, tied up in the broom closet.
SpongeBob and Patrick finally get to the boss' office and cleans up the mess by licking up the spilled milkshake, but has not cleaned the spill.
In a matter of minutes, the trash bot has gathered an army of office supplies to destroy SpongeBob and Patrick. This then leads SpongeBob and Patrick in a battle with the office supplies to clean the building. Later, Patrick finds an army tank and SpongeBob fires at the office supplies, and coincidentally, destroys the building's walls, leaving only the support structures and roof remaining as the floors collapsed on one another.
After that, the trash robot surrenders and SpongeBob and Patrick finally clean up the spill in the Boss' office and walk away in pride and gets a snack at the end. The worker however, falls down from the damage and the security guard comes back to find the rubble of the workplace and says that he quits as the episode ends.
The episode was confirmed by Vincent Waller on February 28, 2018.
‣ Old Hilo March
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
- Kapono Beamer [title card]
‣ Twelfth Street Rag - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob arrives to a building with a delivery.]
‣ Market Day - Kurt Rehfeld [SpongeBob gets inside the office.]
‣ Dramatic Cue (c) - Ronald Hammer [Bag slips out of SpongeBob's hands.]
‣ Epic Struggle - Fredric Bayco [Delivery falls to the floor, dirtying the carpet.]
‣ Inferno - Fredric Bayco [SpongeBob tries to clean up the mess.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (l) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Here! You can drink it from here! See?"]
‣ Fates [#62] - Gregor Narholz ["It's too late. I did all I could, but it wasn't enough."]
‣ Unknown Track 46 - Nicolas Carr ["In ancient times, one would fall under sword by way of apology."]
‣ Exotic Sting - Nicolas Carr ["We at the Krusty Krab keep that tradition."]
‣ Proud to be a Fish - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob vows to clean all the building.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (o) - Jeremy Wakefield ["No need, we have a cleaning robot that does that all at night."]
‣ Skipping to School - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Security guard leaves the building.]
‣ Cream Pie - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick arrive at the building.]
‣ Subversion - Ralph Dollimore [Trashbot picks up a chewing gum wrapper.]
‣ Cream Pie - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick exit elevator.]
‣ Tentically Speaking - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick "cleaning" office.]
‣ Mutations (a) [#53] - Trevor Duncan [Trashbot picking the trash that SpongeBob and Patrick have thrown.]
‣ Tentically Speaking - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob vacuuming.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["We'll just put them all back up the way they were."]
‣ Unknown Track 57 - "Uh, how do we get out of here?"
‣ Unknown Track 83 - SpongeBob and Patrick navigate Pac-Man-like maze.
‣ Menace from the Deep - Robert Cornford [Trashbot tries to pick up a candy wrapper.]
‣ Star Trekkers 3 - Steve Marston [SpongeBob and Patrick get chased by trashbot.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick in kitchen.]
‣ Invasion - Alfred Ralston [Trashbot enters kitchen.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield ["I don't know what we did to you, but I made a Krusty Krab pledge to your boss to clean these offices."]
‣ Invasion - Alfred Ralston [Trashbot picks Patrick up.]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick appears trashy.]
‣ Sponge Monger - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob fights the trash bot.]
‣ Cream Pie - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick enter main office.]
‣ ? [SpongeBob and Patrick licking spilled milkshake in carpet.]
‣ Rescue - Cecil Milner [Trashbot escapes from closet and recruits different appliances.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (v) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob still licking spilled milkshake.]
‣ Armed Attack - Jean Clero [Coffeemaker and soda machine attack SpongeBob and Patrick.]
‣ Greenhorn Rag - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob gets attacked by photocopier and paper shredder.]
‣ Battle at Sea - Johnny Pearson [SpongeBob and Patrick use a tank.]
‣ Battle March Link (c) - Keith Mansfield [Paper shredder gets shot.]
‣ Battle March Link (a) - Keith Mansfield [Building collapses.]
‣ Shellfish Behavior - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Trash bot surrenders.]
‣ Kalua Jubilee - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Ending.]
- As of January 8, 2019, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 8.9/10 based on 65 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 0.0/10 based on 0 votes.
- This episode premiered in Russia on July 26, 2018, exactly 12 days before it premiered in the US.
- This is the first episode to use 8-bit animation.
- The Nickelodeon website refers to this episode as its original title, "Clean Livin'."
- This episode aired nineteen years after "Naughty Nautical Neighbors" and "Boating School" premiered, ten years after "Boating Buddies" premiered, and one year after "Unreal Estate" premiered in Latin America.
- This is the first time SpongeBob has ridden his unicycle since "Code Yellow."
- The title card is very similar to the one used in "Fun-Sized Friends."
- This episode marks the first usage of the APM track "Old Hilo March" since "I ♥ Dancing."
- The scene where SpongeBob and Patrick are trying to find a way out of their maze is a reference to the game Pac-Man.
- The scene where SpongeBob stabs himself with his spatula is a reference to the Japanese samurai tradition of seppuku, where soldiers who have been dishonorable in some way kill themselves by sword to avoid shame.
- The male fish works at the office while not knowing what is going on.
SpongeBob SquarePants Cleaning Duties Nickelodeon UK