"Krabby Patty Creature Feature" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season eleven. In this episode, a new secret Krabby Patty formula has disastrous results for Bikini Bottom, and only SpongeBob can save the day.
SpongeBob is cooking Krabby Patties at the Krusty Krab. He finishes two patties and gives them to Mr. Krabs to deliver to the customers, but they sigh, saying that the patties are not bad but they are sick of them, and request something new. Mr. Krabs goes in the kitchen and takes SpongeBob to an underground lab where he reveals that he has been working on a new formula for the patty with the help of Sandy. She shows them the new formula for the patty, which looks just like a normal patty but is orange. Mr. Krabs demands her to make enough to serve the customers, but SpongeBob is left greatly uncomfortable with the whole situation.
Everyone back in the restaurant are enjoying the new patties. However, after Mr. Krabs finishes his, he begins to act weird and bun seeds begin to grow out his back before he transforms into a Krabby Patty-like monster. Soon the others who ate the new burger turn into the creatures as well. SpongeBob, realizing that the new patties transform its consumers into zombie like Krabby Patty monsters, runs into the kitchen, seeking shelter. Meanwhile, a customer who has yet to eat the new patty throws it away out of fear, but one of the zombies pulls a chunk of its body off and force-feeds it to the fish. This causes him to transform as well into one of the creatures, meaning eating the flesh of the zombie patties will cause the consumer to become infected too.
The monster patties soon spread all over Bikini Bottom and infect many of the civilians in town, including Mrs. Puff, Bubble Bass and Patrick. Meanwhile, patty Sandy finds SpongeBob in the kitchen and attempts to make him eat the contaminated patty, but he escapes outside to the dumpster. Perch Perkins is seen outside the Krusty Krab, revealing that he is one of the only three people left in Bikini Bottom uninfected by the Infection causing the transformations. He interviews SpongeBob, who asks who the other uninfected person is, but before he can answer the question, patty Squidward attacks Perkins, and shoves a piece of the tainted meat into his mouth, infecting him, but he is able to say "Plankton" before he transforms. He and patty Squidward attempt to attack SpongeBob but he avoids them and runs to the Chum Bucket.
Meanwhile, during this event at the Chum Bucket, Plankton finally finishes stacking a bunch of bags of pre-cooked chum. SpongeBob rushes inside with a face full of panic and boards up the door. He is confronted by Plankton, who asks what is going on. SpongeBob explains the whole ordeal but Plankton is skeptical and he does not believe him, until the zombies bust down the door and infect him and Karen, leaving SpongeBob as the only one left to save Bikini Bottom.
He grabs two sporks as weapons, but accidentally stabs open one of the bags of chum, which falls into zombie Patrick's mouth, causing him to puke out the tainted patty and restoring his original form, but he picks it back up and eats it, turning himself back into a zombie. SpongeBob realizes that Plankton's chum is the cure and begins cutting all the bags and throwing chum in the zombie's mouths, causing them to barf out the burgers, restoring all of them to their regular forms, saving the day and everyone who was effected felt dizzy and sick .
After the chaos has ended, SpongeBob explains to Mr. Krabs that perfection like the Krabby Patty can't be fixed and one should not try to make something that is already good any better. Everyone agrees and they all miss the old patty. They celebrate by heading to the Krusty Krab for some of the old patties, leaving the tainted patties on the Chum Bucket floor. In the Chum Bucket, a still zombie Patrick pulls off a piece of himself off and tells the viewer to have some as the episode ends.
The episode was confirmed by Vincent Waller on July 4, 2017.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
- Ronald Hanmer [Title card]
‣ Sailor's Sting 4 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Opening]
‣ Mini Mischief - Johnny Pearson [SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs laughing goofily.]
‣ Unknown Track 45 - Nicolas Carr ["Our patties are perfect."]
‣ Sailor's Sting 22 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Customers demand something new.]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["...our new menu!"]
‣ Sailor's Sting 22 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["How would you like to be the first to try it!"]
‣ Test Tube Experiment - Paul Lewis [Krabs shows SpongeBob his secret lab.]
‣ Lonely Stranger - Laurie Johnson [Krabs shows SpongeBob his secret lab.]
‣ Eight Dramatic Bridges - Ronald Hanmer [Sandy's huge eye is shown.]
‣ From Another World - Trevor Duncan [Sandy working in Krabs' lab.]
‣ ? [Sandy explains she's moonlighting for Krabs.]
‣ Alien Spacecraft (a) - Gregor Narholz [Sandy creates a new patty.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Make 200 of these pronto!"]
‣ Unknown Track 38 - "Oh...!"
‣ Sailor's Sting 7 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Customers eating new patties/"I'm leaving a good review!"]
‣ Trap Door - David Lindup ["Well, that wasn't familiar."]
‣ Horror-Scope - Ronald Hanmer [Krabs mutates into a giant patty/Everyone mutates into giant patties/"Try this!"]
‣ Four Evil Men (c) - Trevor Duncan [Mutant patty makes the mailman turn into another mutant patty/Patrick mutates into a giant patty.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (t) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Really, Krabs? Is this some kind of new promotional gimmick?"]
‣ Four Evil Men (c) - Trevor Duncan [Bubble Bass mutates into a giant patty.]
‣ Drama Link - George Van Parys [Ryan mutates into a giant patty.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (h) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Oh, original Krabby Patty, why did we forsake your perfect recipe?"]
‣ Invasion - Alfred Ralston [Mutant Sandy wants SpongeBob to eat the new patty.]
‣ Monster Bug (a) - Gregor Narholz [Bikini Bottom on fire.]
‣ Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [News report.]
‣ Monster Bug (a) - Gregor Narholz [Mutant Squidward makes Perch Perkins turn into a mutant patty.]
‣ Cartoon Sting 1 - Plankton stacks bags of chum.
‣ Invasion - Alfred Ralston [SpongeBob barricades the door of the Chum Bucket.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield ["Krabby Patty zombies?"]
‣ Invasion - Alfred Ralston [Mutant patties invade the Chum Bucket.]
‣ Horror-Scope - Ronald Hanmer [Plankton becomes a mutant patty.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob sees that Patrick has returned to normal.]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["Chum is the cure!"]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick eats the patty again.]
‣ Horror-Scope - Ronald Hanmer [SpongeBob feeding everyone with chum.]
• Hot Steel and Slide Licks (o) - Jeremy Wakefield [Everyone feels sick.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 7 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["You see, Mr. Krabs? Some things don't need scientific re-engineering to be delicious."]
‣ House of Horror - William Farran [Ending]
- As of January 2, 2018, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 9.6/10 based on 88 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 9.3/10 based on 2 votes.
- The synopsis for this episode is similar to that of "The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom" and "Feral Friends."
- Bubble Bass talking about the pickles in Mr. Krabs' "costume" is a reference to the episode "Pickles."
- This is the first episode to be written by three people since "SpongeBob You're Fired."
- This also means that this is the first episode to be written by three people after the second movie.
- This is the second episode written by multiple people since "Food Con Castaways," in production order, the first being "Don't Wake Patrick."
- When everyone turns into a Krabby Patty, they are a resemblance to SpongeBob's imagination in "Fear of a Krabby Patty."
- This is the first episode to have the text painted with the background art.
- This episode marks the first usage of "Cartoon Sting 1" since "SpongeBob LongPants."
- Ryan's name is revealed in this episode, which was not said in his debut.
- In the storyboards, the Secret Patties are purple instead of orange.
- An air raid siren can be heard in this episode. However, it is a different sound than the siren heard in "Wormy," "Valentine's Day," "No Free Rides," and "The Algae's Always Greener."
- This episode premiered fourteen years after Battle for Bikini Bottom was released, thirteen years after Nicktoons Movin' was released, twelve years after "Patrick SmartPants" premiered, nine years after "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy III" and "Squirrel Jokes" premiered in Poland, six years after "Ghoul Fools" premiered, and five years after "Move It or Lose It" and "Chum Fricassee" premiered.
- Patrick is the only voluntary victim, pulling a piece of patty from an infected citizen.
- Likewise, that citizen is the only involuntary host, being disgusted by Patrick.
- The ending of this episode, in which Patrick is seen as a Krabby Patty zombie again, closely resembles the ending of the Doctor Who season 9 episode "Sleep No More."
- One of the faces Mr. Krabs makes earlier in the episode closely resembles Pepe the Frog.
- This may or may not allude to the face he made when he choked on the apple in "Scaredy Pants."
- One of the faces SpongeBob makes resembles Disney's Pete.
- When the Krabby Patty zombies are trying to break into the Chum Bucket, the Mr. Krabs Zombie is not seen in the outside shot, despite being seen next to the planks on the door in the previous and next shots.
- After everyone is cured of the new Krabby Patty formula's effects, Sandy's tail is missing.