This article is about the tabloid newspaper. For the episode, go to The Krabby Kronicle.
- Eugene H. Krabs - editor-in-chief
- SpongeBob SquarePants - reporter/photographer
- Squidward Tentacles - newsagent
- Local resident watches pole! (featuring Patrick): then changed to "Local resident marries pole!"
- Boating teacher in high speed chase! (featuring Mrs. Puff)
- Larry the Loser beaten up by pipsqueak! (featuring Larry)
- Plankton's chum made of your chums!!! The Chum Bucket serves your friends in more ways than one! (featuring Plankton)
- Sandy Cheeks or Sandy Chump? Bushy tailed braniac really a slow-witted squirrel! (featuring Sandy)
- Krabs overworks employee! Reaps rewards! Krabby Kronicle Mastermined behind bogus stories, pays his tired, underage reporter pennies while he rakes in the dough! (featuring Mr. Krabs)
The Krabby Kronicle was founded by Mr. Krabs when he sprouted an idea to promote the Krusty Krab, which had no new customers in months, and make some cash. Mr. Krabs installed a printing press, a Krabby Kronicle sign and hired SpongeBob to be the reporter/photographer to make up stories. When SpongeBob "messed" it up and made it boring to read, Mr. Krabs forced him to exaggerate and make it exciting.
The Krabby Kronicle was in its prime time by writing false news in the papers and charging 25 cents per word. SpongeBob made the papers and reported on "news," while Mr. Krabs admired the cash he was making because of the Krabby Kronicle. However, SpongeBob saw the citizens' lives becoming living miseries because of it and tried to tell Mr. Krabs, but he wouldn't listen. He eventually turned against Mr. Krabs and decided to make him stick up to the truth, staying up all night long and writing a bogus news article that claimed Mr. Krabs was forcing him to write bogus stories and paid him pennies while he adored the money he was making because of the paper.
The Krabby Kronicle was shut down when the entire city was affected and saw SpongeBob's news article reporting of how Mr. Krabs was overworking him and paying him pennies. They threw a riot in the Krusty Krab, surprising Mr. Krabs. They told him of how it ruined their lives, and one person called Mr. Krabs's treatment of the city and SpongeBob sick and inhumane. Then they beat the life out of Mr. Krabs, took their money back and left. Krabs fell to pieces and missed his money so much he wasn't even upset with SpongeBob.
Aftermath and following effects
Mr. Krabs decided to counterfeit money using the Krabby Kronicle news press. By now, everybody was furious of all the lies and separated from him. Strangely, however, Patrick was actually married to the streetsign described in the newspaper because of the lie. This surprised SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs. Mr. Krabs soon forgot about the newspaper, and what happened to the press after that is unknown.