|Producer:||Krusty Krab, Inc.|
|First appearance:||"Greasy Buffoons"|
|Latest appearance:||"Shellback Shenanigans"|
|List of objects|
Kelp Fries (sometimes known as Krusty Fries or Sea Fries) are a common side dish served at the Krusty Krab. Kelp Fries have had different appearances over the years.
The Kelp Fries look like normal fries, however, they somewhat resemble seaweed with the way they are shaped.
This section is too short. You can help the Encyclopedia SpongeBobia by expanding it.
In the episode "Shellback Shenanigans," SpongeBob brought home a bag of kelp fries for Gary the Snail to eat when the Krusty Krab ran out of Krabby Patties, even though Gary doesn't like this food. In the episode "Whelk Attack," Mr. Krabs offers kelp fries to the giant whelks, but they swallowed Mr. Krabs instead making him shout, "I'm not on the MENU!"
- Kelp fries were mentioned in "The Graveyard Shift" as "double chili kelp fries."
- In "Kracked Krabs," Squidward referred to the food as "Sea Fries," indicating that they might have actually been different fries (which explains why SpongeBob used potatoes to make them instead of kelp.) Then again, they might not be made of actual kelp. It could possibly just be a name. The fries also are more "rectangular" shaped in that episode.
- Kelp Fries are a parody of French Fries.
- Kelp Fries can be in different varieties.
- Often, Kelp Fries are not on the Krusty Krab menu.
- The episode "Imitation Krabs" may have featured Kelp Fries since Mr. Krabs was served with fries when he was considered the "fake" Mr. Krabs. However, this is unknown.
- On some episodes, the quantity of Kelp Fries varies. An example of that is the episode "Greasy Buffons" that the fries are 7 (or 8) in quantity while the episode Kracked Krabs have approximately 40+ fries on the platter. (However, these may just mean that the fries come in different sizes, the small box being a single serving while the large platter is made for a group serving.)