- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Karen Plankton
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Squidward Tentacles
- Karen 2 (debut)
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Ivy (gray)
- Frankie Billy
- Norma Rechid
- Abigail Marge
- Martha Smith
- Jennifer Millie
- Tina Fran
- Harry (fish) (purple)
- Frank (red shirt)
- Nat Peterson
- Harold "Bill" Reginald
- Medley Fishbowl
- Fred (blue)
- Dennis (citizen)
- Miss Rechid
- Nathiel Waters
- Nancy Suzy Fish
- Old Man Jenkins
- Taylor Fishbowl
- Monroe Timmy
- Jimmy Gus
- Vera Fishbowl
At the Chum Bucket, Karen dumps a bag of chum onto a tray and zaps it into a three course meal, the entree being chum pot pie. She goes to Plankton, who works on a project. Annoyed, he tells her the pot pie chum was supposed to be a stir fry chum, and she responds that her memory is full. Plankton says such problems will be solved by newest creation, which he reveals to be Karen 2. Karen is distraught that Plankton is replacing her, and his words anger Karen to the point where she tries to zap him. He flees from her blasts, but Karen 2 shuts her off via the Chum Bucket's power source. At the Krusty Krab, it's closing time, which makes SpongeBob sad. Mr. Krabs walks home as SpongeBob follows him and says good bye until he trips over a box filled with Karen's components. Mr. Krabs is about to get away until SpongeBob points out the "free" computer. Mr. Krabs rushes back, feeling anything free should be taken.
They go back to the Krusty Krab, where they activate the computer, who turns out to be Karen. SpongeBob is wary that it may be one of Plankton's schemes, but Mr. Krabs is convinced that anything free is automatically good. When Karen's startup is completed, the screen turns to a face, crying. SpongeBob tries to comfort her, but he unintentionally makes her even more depressed. Karen looks out the window of the Krusty Krab, where she sees Plankton and Karen 2 having a romantic dinner at the Chum Bucket. She angrily says she never wants to see Plankton again, and Mr. Krabs welcomes her to the Krusty Krab crew.
The next day, Squidward walks in to see Karen is at his post. He is baffled until Mr. Krabs explains that she will be doing his cashier duties for free. Squidward jumps for joy at the thought of no longer working at the Krusty Krab and dealing with SpongeBob or customers, but his joy is quashed when Mr. Krabs reassigns him to restroom duties. Unfortunately, Karen is still upset, even snapping at a customer who requests a Krabby Patty. A knocking is heard at the front door: it's Karen 2, who repeatedly slams into the front door. Plankton pops out from inside her, asking what's wrong, and she tells him he didn't program her with arms. Plankton sees Karen at work, and becomes uneasy, then a wave of customers pushes Karen 2 and Plankton into the Krusty Krab. Karen and Karen 2 argue, reaching the point that Karen jumps out of her post, ready to fight Karen 2. Mr. Krabs uses the opportunity to make money from people betting on the fight.Karen and Karen 2 fight, striking each other. When Plankton falls out of Karen 2, she accidentally runs him over and crushes him, and Karen is horrified. Karen 2 is unconcerned, which infuriates Karen, who finally destroys her replacement. She talks to a wounded Plankton, who sees the error of his ways in replacing her. Karen's power runs out, and Plankton takes the battery from the destroyed body of Karen 2 and puts it into her. Karen revives, thinking it was all a dream. She and Plankton return to the Chum Bucket, and Karen 2's screen explodes. Mr. Krabs is upset over the loss of Karen, but when SpongeBob suggests that he rebuild Karen 2, he has Squidward wearing Karen 2's screen like a mask and take orders.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Puka A - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Wooden Bear - Gil Flat, Tony Tape, Florian Voelxen [opening]
‣ Tragic Bridge 2 - Phil Green [Karen 2.0 introduced]
‣ Befuddled Gent - Phil Green ["Who are you calling cheap?"]
‣ Death of the Alien 1 [#38] - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Loading Jealousy Scheduler]
‣ Zelle 501 - Gerhard Trede ["Goodbye Karen classic, hello Karen 2.0!"]
‣ Sailor's Sting 12 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Krabs locks the Krusty Krab/SpongeBob and Krabs discover a box with Karen's head.]
‣ Drama Link (g) - Hubert Clifford ["Are computers supposed to emote?"]
‣ Tragic Situation - Phil Green ["She's malfunctioning."]
‣ Saltwater Works - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob talks to Karen]
‣ Sailor's Sting 15 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Careful, Mr. Krabs."]
‣ Lounging and Fine Dining - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Plankton having dinner with Karen 2.0]
‣ Sailor's Sting 15 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["I don't ever want to see that lowlife again!"]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks (e) - Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs hires Karen]
‣ Hawaiian Slide - Nicolas Carr, Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs and SpongeBob high five each other.]
‣ Botany Bay - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [the next day]
‣ Hot Steel and Slide Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward cleaning the bathroom]
‣ Sailor's Sting 20 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [Karen snaps at a customer]
‣ Sailor's Sting 12 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["You know what cheers me up when I'm feeling down?"]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [banging at door]
‣ Cartoon Sting 9 - Barry Anthony ["Hey, what's the holdup?"]
‣ Dramatic Bridge 4 - Phil Green ["What's she doing here?!"]
‣ Sailor's Sting 15 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr ["Well, if isn't little-miss homewrecker."/Karen arguing with Karen 2.0.]
‣ Tales from the Swamp (c) - Ron Goodwin [everyone gasps]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["Excuse me, did you say money?"]
‣ Unknown Track 27 - Fabian Fernandez [Karen, Karen 2.0 fighting/"You heartless homepage-wrecking hussy!"]
‣ Tabu - Daryl Neil Alexander Griffith ["Planky, say something!"]
‣ Dramatic Impact 2 - Ivor Slaney [Karen shuts off]
‣ Tragic Bridge 3 - Phil Green ["Karen!"]
‣ Melodrama 29 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [Plankton replaces Karen's battery]
‣ Puka A - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Karen reboots]
‣ Puka B - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield ["Well, we could rebuild Karen 2."]
‣ Sailor's Sting 10 - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [ending]
- This episode is available on The Complete Eighth Season DVD.
- As of June 18, 2017, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 7.3/10 based on 81 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a 5.1/10 based on 7 votes.
- The title card font is the same along with its color, as "Komputer Overload."
- This is the second time Plankton replaces Karen with another machine: in "Komputer Overload," Plankton blames Karen for his repeated failures to obtain the secret recipe and builds three machines to help him with that task.
- This is the second time Karen is working at the Krusty Krab. The first was in "Bucket Sweet Bucket."
- This is the third episode to include a number in its title, the first being "SB-129," and the second being "20,000 Patties Under the Sea."
- This is the third time Karen has zapped Plankton. In "Enemy In-Law," after he's dumped by Betsy Krabs and told her she "crawled back" to him, and once more in "Frozen Face-Off," she zapped him for leaving her nearly dead in the Frozen Tundra.
- This is the third time Plankton replaces Karen with another love. The first time was in "Enemy In-Law," in which, he fell for Mr. Krabs' mother, Betsy Krabs. The second being "Komputer Overload."
- This is one of the few episodes when Plankton plays a slightly big role in the episode, but isn't the main antagonist.
- In Comic Crazy: Take 2, there is a comic strip called "Krusty Karen" that shares a very similar plot where Karen leaves the Chum Bucket and works for the Krusty Krab. However, Karen 2 was not in that comic.
- When Karen was depressed because Plankton was cheating and she started working she did not ask for the Krabby Patty formula because she was mad at Plankton, and didn't want to help him. Also it may be that Mr. Krabs doesn't want Karen to work SpongeBob's job, in case she becomes loyal to Plankton again.
- Plankton was controlling Karen 2, as shown in one scene.
- When Karen 2 says that Plankton didn't design her with hands, she seems to have hands when she disconnects Karen's hard drive. However, this was only one arm.
- Usually people push the Krusty Krab door open, but this time it's pulled.
- When Karen and Karen 2 argue, they use computer terms against each other. When Karen says she'll "crumble" Karen 2's cookies, it's an actual computer term; cookies are files that contain information about a user that are sent to the central computer with each request. The server uses the information to customize data sent back and to log the requests of the user.
- This episode premiered on March 24, 2013 in the British Isles after their local Kids' Choice Awards.
- This episode premiered in the British Isles three years after "Squidward in Clarinetland" premiered.
- This episode premiered eight years after Crime and Funishment (AKA Bikini Bottom's Most Wanted) was released, five years after "Friend or Foe" premiered, and one year after SpongeBob Comics No. 2 was released.
- When SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs were booting up Karen in Mr. Krabs' office, the screen said "Karen Classic." This could be a parody of the Macintosh Classic, which is an Apple Macintosh computer from 1990.
- Karen 2 tells Plankton that she has no arms, but earlier she turned off Karen Classic with an arm that came out of a panel.
- Plankton went and put a battery inside Karen Classic. When he opened the battery hole, it had no battery inside. There should have been a battery inside, otherwise Karen Classic wouldn't have been able to move before.