The Jelly Spotters are an expert Jellyfishing fraternity. Most of them are anchovies who often speak in unison with their trademark "meep", with real dialogue thrown in. Many fans admire them and take every bit of advice that their leader, Kevin the Sea Cucumber shares with them. One of their biggest fans is SpongeBob. In the episode I'm Your Biggest Fanatic, they are revealed to be less than what everyone thinks they are. Kevin, taking advantage of SpongeBob's obsessive need to join the club, takes him out to Jellyfish Fields to haze him. These gags prove less than successful as SpongeBob excels at every "test" and even calms a King Jellyfish after Kevin inadvertently antagonizes one. Kevin and the Jelly Spotters showed their true incompetence in this incident, with SpongeBob easily saving them from painful electrocution, and was admitted into the club after winning the admiration of Kevin's gang. Kevin was replaced with SpongeBob, who quit though, realizing jellyfishing was all about the sport, not about Kevin. After that episode, it is most likely that their reputation fell. The club's only known members were five anchovies and Kevin. According to Kevin, many tried to join the club, but were rejected.
- All of Kevin's friends were voiced by Rodger Bumpass, the same voice actor for Squidward.
- The Jelly Spotters were once so popular, that Kevin himself was the mascot for his own brand of sting ointment, called Kevin's Jellyfish Ointment.
- Despite the groups popularity, "I'm Your Biggest Fanatic" is the only episode to feature them.
- Despite Kevin's tests, SpongeBob succeeded at every one of them.
- One anchovy had a catch phrase-"Wah-wah-wahhhh". However, this heavily annoyed Kevin.