This is the page about Jack Kahuna Laguna. For other uses, see Jack (disambiguation).
Jack Kahuna Laguna (also known as JKL) is a surfing legend who lives on an island. He appears in the episode "SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One" and the video game SpongeBob vs. The Big One: Beach Party Cook-Off.
Though he is a sea creature, he is a humanoid in appearance. He has a very muscular, shiny tan-orange body and long blond hair. He wears light purple shorts and a necklace with a light blue dolphin.
He is prone to bongo solos and teaches this talent to SpongeBob and Patrick, while also trying to teach Squidward.
Abilities and talents
- Surfing: He has the ability to surf. He can also teach others how to surf.
- Bongo: He can play the bongos.
Role in episode
He teaches SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward how to surf in a way that is unknown. He is a surfing legend and lives on a deserted island far away from Bikini Bottom.
He saves Mr. Krabs and sacrificed himself to save Cashy. He managed to survive in the end and danced in a party.
SpongeBob, Patrick, and Squidward
He seems to have a good relationship with these three. They are his surfing students.
Mr. Krabs and Cashy
He saves both of their lives.
There seems to be a rivalry between the two. Jack Kahuna Laguna once sacrificed himself to the wave to save Cashy.
- Jack Kahuna Laguna has a striking resemblance to his voice actor, Johnny Depp.
- His last name may be a reference to Laguna City in the Philippines since there are also a lot of surfers, lagoons, and beaches there.
- It may also be a reference to the direct Italian and Spanish root of the word 'lagoon' (see Goo Lagoon).
- Jack Kahuna Laguna is a fish, but has human proportions.