It Came from Goo Lagoon is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season nine. In this episode, mucus bubbles form from Goo Lagoon. Plankton, however, plans to use them.
It is a typical day at Goo Lagoon and SpongeBob and Patrick are having fun. Suddenly, large purple volcanic Mucus Bubbles, also known as "Super Bubbles" arise out of the lagoon. They came out of a crack at the bottom of the lagoon. Two bubbles approach SpongeBob and Patrick. Just as they were going to use them to bounce like a ball, Sandy approaches them. She claims these bubbles are dangerous. However, SpongeBob uses them anyway. Meanwhile, Plankton tries to sell his chum from a wheelbarrow when Squidward smashes him with an umbrella. SpongeBob and Patrick used their Mucus Bubbles to likewise bounce and smash Squidward and his belongings. More bubbles began to arise from the lagoon, and the Bikini Bottomites began to use the bubbles. Sandy tries to explain to SpongeBob , Patrick, Squidward, the Bikini Bottomites, and Plankton ,that the bubbles are dangerous. She said that they are safe when stable, but if unstable, it can coat all of Bikini Bottom in a poisonous goo. Plankton heard this and built a machine to find a bubble large enough to destroy the entire city, as most were rather small. Then he goes under the water in a ship to find the crack where the bubbles are coming from.
Meanwhile, everyone continued to use the goo, although Sandy said it was dangerous. SpongeBob and Patrick continue to use the goo as bouncy balls. Squidward began to use the goo as a hairdo. The other citizens continued to use it for their own purposes as well. Perch Perkins began to report for the Bikini Bottom News with Johnny . He stated how the gooey Mucus Bubbles were popular at Goo Lagoon. While on the air, Sandy, now going partly insane with her theory, said how the bubbles were dangerous again. Everybody still thought she was wrong, but soon she would be right. Plankton continued on his quest to find the ultimate Mucus Bubble in his ship. He was set to find the crack at any cost. Soon, he found it. Plankton , as well as Karen, widened the crack, and unleashed the largest Mucus Bubble. It rose out of Goo Lagoon, and everybody now agreed with Sandy.
The trio examined the bubble, and realized it was dangerous. They nedded to stop it with supplies from Sandy's Treedome. SpongeBob, Patrick, and Sandy proceed to her treedome. However, Patrick gets sweeped into the bubble, controlled by Plankton. The duo gets into Sandy's submarine at her treedome, then proceeded to save Patrick. They soon find the giant bubble and sent down a rope to grab Patrick , who was sitting on the goo. Patrick climbed up the rope into the submarine, and then the three prepared themselves to stop the bubble.They soon discover that Plankton is controlling the bubble, after they saw his ship. The recently reformed trio pursuit Plankton around the bubble. They oddly caught him seemingly easily. Sadly, Plankton outsmarts the trio and sends them off the bubble. He also destroyed Sandy's submarine. The trio then pursuited the bubble on foot through Downtown Bikini Bottom. They end up at the Krusty Krab. SpongeBob , Patrick, Sandy, many Bikini Bottomites , and Mr. Krabs confront Plankton and the bubble in front of the Krusty Krab and Chum Bucket. Then, they attempt to send the bubble away, and foil Plankton's plan. Their attempts were failures, however. Plankton then demands the Krabby Patty formula or else he will pop the bubble, and coat the entire city in a poisonous goo. Left with a choice of giving up the formula or being chased by an angry mob, Mr. Krabs reluctantly surrenders and gives him the "formula". Plankton outsmarted them again, and popped the bubble anyway. The city was now covered in a poisonous goo. Plankton proceeded to read the "formula " on his ship. It read, "The Only Ingredient Is... T.N.T"! He realized the formula was fake while the T.N.T exploded, ruining his plan. Mr. Krabs, covered in goo, thought everything was back to normal. Sandy corrects him, saying the fact everyone and everything in Bikini Bottom is covered in goo, saying that it is a "disaster". Mr. Krabs makes a plan to clean everybody. He uses soap bubbles to clean everybody and everything in town, while still making a profit.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Out of the Crypt - Harry Lubin [title card]
‣ ? [opening]
‣ Some Things To Know About Monsters - Eban Schletter ["For deadly danger creeps their way..."]
‣ The Creature A - Gregor Narholz ["...and it came from Goo Lagoon!"]
‣ ? [pan over beach]
• ? - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob wonders why they're not sinking]
‣ Planet Xz-3 - Gregor Narholz [SpongeBob and Patrick sitting on goo bubbles]
‣ Chase Cue 2 - Sage Guyton and Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Patrick bouncing]
‣ ? [Plankton selling chum]
‣ Chase Cue 2 - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob, Patrick fall from the sky, smashing into Squidward]
‣ Planet Xz-3 - Gregor Narholz [robot emerges from Goo Lagoon]
‣ ? [Stop! Those bubbles are dangerous!]
‣ Planet Surface - Gregor Narholz [Sandy explains]
‣ Break In - Harry Lubin [That rodent's right!]
‣ Tower of Evil - Jane Antonia Cornish [rocket takes off]
‣ ? [SpongeBob and Patrick playing with goo bubbles]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor Narholz [You have been warned!]
‣ ? [volleyball]
• Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [news on TV]
‣ Surfing Sponge - Nicolas Carr and Barry Anthony [Perch Perkins interviews SpongeBob, Patrick]
‣ Crazy Mind - Harry Lubin ["Super goo is evil!"]
‣ Surfing Sponge - Nicolas Carr and Barry Anthony [Perch takes the microphone back]
‣ ? ["I can't find this thing anywhere."]
‣ Tower of Evil - Jane Antonia Cornish [Karen cuts the ship's power]
‣ Crazy Mind - Harry Lubin ["YES!!"]
‣ Twilight Zone - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Giant goo bubble!"]
• Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [Perch Perkins interviews Sandy]
• ? - Sage Guyton and Jeremy Wakefield [No, Patrick, don't!]
‣ ? [analyzing goo sample]
‣ Gator - Steve Belfer [SpongeBob grows another set of arms]
‣ Assault - Geoff Love, Ken Thorne, Phil Green [rumbling]
‣ Agitation Bridge 5 - Phil Green ["Run like heck!"]
• Bikini Bottom News Theme - Nicolas Carr [Well, there you have it.]
‣ Agitation - Phil Green [everyone running from the bubble]
‣ Tales from the Swamp (a) - Ron Goodwin [bubble floating away with Patrick]
‣ Terror Hunt - Phil Green ["Now what do we do?"]
‣ Adventure Fanfare 1 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Squidward, it's an emergency!"]
• Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [goo drips on Squidward]
‣ Assault - Geoff Love, Ken Thorne, Phil Green [Patrick screaming]
‣ Gator - Steve Belfer [Patrick playing with goo]
‣ Rescue - Cecil Milner [Hold on, Patrick!]
‣ Richard Wagner - Here Comes the Bride [wedding]
• ? - Jeremy Wakefield ["Help me, my beloved."]
‣ Armed Attack - Jean Clero [goo dripping on townspeople]
• Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr ["That's weird."]
‣ Victim 5 - Harry Lubin [Plankton pushing the goo bubble]
• ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Sandy's submarine chases Plankton]
‣ ? [Sandy lassos Plankton]
‣ Search Party 3 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [That's right, come to papa.]
‣ Death of the Alien 2 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Retreat! Retreat!"]
‣ Tympup A - Sammy Burdson, John Charles Fiddy ["Good thing we landed on SpongeBob."]
• ? - Nicolas Carr ["Good thing we landed on SpongeBob."]
• Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield ["My sub!"]
• ? - Nicolas Carr ["Tough guy? Bubble?"]
‣ ? ["Eureka!"]
• ? - Jeremy Wakefield ["That's your answer for everything."]
‣ Red Alert - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin ["Hello down there, Krabs!"]
‣ No Fear (a) - Udi Harpaz ["Hold it right there, mister."]
‣ Ruthless Killer - Phil Green [Get him!]
• ? - Jeremy Wakefield [bubble giant steps on Patrick]
‣ Tower of Evil - Jane Antonia Cornish [bubble giant lifts goo bubble]
‣ Blue Danube Waltz - Johann Strauss Jr [goo bubble floats into space]
‣ Terror - Alan Braden ["Oh no, he's coming back!"]
‣ Dramatic Encounter - Gregor Narholz [everyone screams]
‣ Unsettled Menace - Phil Green ["Give me that formula or I'll destroy the town!"]
• ? - Jeremy Wakefield ["But I don't wanna!"]
• ? - Michael Bolger and Nicolas Carr ["Okay, I'll do it."]
‣ Dream Date - Emil Cadkin, Phil Green, William Loose ["I can't believe it!"]
‣ Unsettled Menace - Phil Green ["This bubble, that is!"]
‣ Rescue - Cecil Milner [goo bubble bursts]
‣ ? [TNT stick]
• ? - Jeremy Wakefield ["Ow."]
• ? - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Krabs laughs]
• ? - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [ending]
- The episode aired in Greece on June 27, 2013.
- A clip of this episode was shown in Nickelodeon commercials.
- The title card is similar to the title card of Planet of the Jellyfish and Evil Spatula.
- The mucus bubbles in this episode are purple, despite the title card makes it seem like they would be green.
- Sandy's submarine from Bubble Troubles appears again and is also destroyed.
- It was also damaged/destroyed in Bubble Troubles.
- Plankton sells chum from a cart in this episode, like how he sold chum from a box in Drive Thru.
- SpongeBob, and Patrick run back and forth from the water similar to how they ran back and forth from their houses in That Sinking Feeling.
- On the promo, Nickelodeon is calling this episode "SpongeBob vs. The Goo".
- In the promo, a version of the song Can Can is played.
- This is the third appearance of the moon, close up. The first two are Sandy's Rocket, and Mooncation.
- When Sandy, and SpongeBob re-entered Earth's atmosphere in Mooncation, Sandy had to make sure they didn't burn up. Yet Plankton went right up, and came down fast, and never burned up.
- This is the first episode to air in 2014.
- Plankton successfully steals the Krabby Patty formula, although it's a joke version of the formula where the only ingredient is TNT.
- This is the second time, after Plankton's Army, where Mr. Krabs tricks Plankton with a fake formula. The first episode being New Leaf.
- Patrick, once again, had a nose.
- In the end, everybody gets cleaned. This is similar to Fungus Among Us.
- This episode may be before SpongeGuard on Duty because Spongebob and Patrick do not know how to swim.
- When Patrick got hoisted up away from Goo SpongeBob, he says "Goodbye SpongeBob." This is the same thing that occured in Don't Look Now.
- At one point Patrick pulled his arm off and it didn't grow back. Normally the limbs of a starfish do grow back. Patrick's limbs in the episode Karate Star did grow back however.
- It took a long time to grow back in that episode, so it is probably that it would have taken too much time to wait.
- This is the second time that Plankton has both been seen at and was planning to sell chum at Goo Lagoon. The first time was in Walking Small.
- The Tanning Mirror seen in this episode is different to the one seen in Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy.
- The title is a reference to 1953 movie, "It Came From Outer Space" and Dweeb's "It Came From Outer Space" Album.
- It might also be a reference to the movie, "Creature from the Black Lagoon".
- When the Super Goo bubble is shown between the Krusty Krab and the Chum Bucket, the path leading from the Chum Bucket to the road is missing.
- Both Patrick and SpongeBob's clothes change from their swim outfits to there normal outfits without it being shown.
- When Bill jumped the trash can, then he was dirty and turned blue.
- When SpongeBob and Patrick are bouncing on the lagoon right before they hit Nat, SpongeBob is shown and then Patrick shown ahead of him, but when SpongeBob bounces over Nat and when Patrick hit Nat, Patrick is behind SpongeBob.