Design and features
The design of the car is based on a 1959 model Cadillac Eldorado, and possibly influenced by the GM Oldsmobile. The boat is a regular-sized boat mobile with many superhero features to it, such as the "origami button". Whether the boat mobile itself folds up into an origami shape or just the people in it is unknown. SpongeBob claims to know lots about the boat (knowing where the windshield wipers are, for instance), but pressed the aforementioned button.
It is said that the boat mobile has a more powerful engine than others to enable the heroes to get to the situation where their help is needed faster. In addition to the engine, the boat mobile has manual transmission and a "torpedo mode" ejection system.
- The boatmobile was once almost completely painted black by SpongeBob and Patrick, thus defeating the purpose of it being invisible. Mermaid Man found it amusing, while Barnacle Boy didn't.
- Barnacle Boy commonly gets burned by the tailpipe of the boat mobile when Mermaid Man starts it up.
- To drive it, one needs an invisible license. The credibility of this is uncertain, considering this was stated by Patrick.
- Barnacle Boy thinks that making it invisible was a stupid idea.
- In SpongeBob's Mermaid Man movie, the invisible boat mobile was played by the visible Pearl Krabs and a mountain climber.
- When using the Invisible Boat alarm, the boat mobile is fleetingly visible and revealed to be a beat-up pink Cadillac convertible. However, when SpongeBob and Patrick paint half of the Boat mobile, or when they run it into a street light, it appears to be shaped like a boat. Also, in the game, "Lights, Camera, Pants!," it was seen for a brief moment to be pink. In the GBA version of "Battle for Bikini Bottom", in a mini game, you drive the boat mobile. If you crash, it flashes briefly and looks like a red jalopy.
- As revealed in Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV, the boat has a manual transmission (when the two are trying to escape from SpongeBob in the Boat mobile, Barnacle Boy exclaims "I told you we should have got the automatic!")
- The Invisible Boat mobile is probably an Oldsmobile, as hinted when Mermaid Man popped the key.
- It is a parody of Wonder Woman's Invisible Jet.
- It is notably similar to the Wario Car from the game Mario Kart: Double Dash, especially it's high-performance traits.