House of Horror are two different tracks, with one consisting of five parts composed by W. Merrick Farran, and the second one composed by Larry Hochman. Both tracks are played using low strings, higher strings, a glockenspiel, an oboe, a bassoon, and low brass instruments.
The two sound files above are parts 1-2 of House of Horror version 1 and parts 3-5 of House of Horror version 1, due to file size restrictions.
This is a deep, dark part of the piece.
- 24b. "Imitation Krabs" - "This is it, Plankton."
- 27b. "Life of Crime" - SpongeBob licks the candy bar.
- 32b. "The Smoking Peanut" - "This is it – all the clues are coming together!"
- 35a. "The Secret Box" - "Or maybe Patrick's a deranged maniac who keeps his victims' severed heads in a box?"
- 57b. "The Camping Episode" - SpongeBob and Patrick warn Squidward about sea bears.
- 93c. "BlackJack" - "Loose ends — my parents!"
- 187a. "Don't Look Now" - "Uh, sorry, sorry, sorry!"
- 188b. "Yeti Krabs" - "[gulp] The Yeti Krab?"
This part is slightly less deep and dark, but it features more "creepiness."
- 3b. "Plankton!" - Plankton ventures inside SpongeBob's head.
- 23b. "Bubble Buddy" - Everyone begins to surround SpongeBob with needles in an attempt to pop Bubble Buddy.
- 25a. "Wormy" - SpongeBob realizes the "Best Friend" tag has fallen off of Wormy when he was changing into a butterfly overnight.
- 27b. "Life of Crime" - "I'm warning you!"
- 36a. "Graveyard Shift" - Squidward's story of the "Hash-Slinging Slasher" begins to come true.
- 39a. "Jellyfish Hunter" - No Name breathes heavily on the phone and cuts the power to SpongeBob's house.
- 50a. "Wet Painters" - SpongeBob tries to warn himself of being careful with the permanent paint; The slideshow of time cards is shown until Patrick is seen carrying a "3 hours later" card.
- 57b. "The Camping Episode" - SpongeBob and Patrick tell Squidward what attracts sea bears.
- 157b. "Oral Report" - SpongeBob begins to feel nervous.
- 188b. "Yeti Krabs" - "Yes, but that won't make any difference, because of your proximity to Squidward's laziness."
- 193a. "Sanctuary!" - "Oh, another little stray friend."
This part features many "creepy" elements into the piece, more notably the combination of high violins and glockenspiels.
- 3b. "Plankton!" - Plankton finally gets the control on.
- 20b. "Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy II" - "Still getting burned off that tail pipe, huh, Barnacle Boy?"
- 33a. "Shanghaied" - The Flying Dutchman begins to scare a kid fish.
- 36a. "Graveyard Shift" - "The walls will ooze green slime?"
- 50a. "Wet Painters" - SpongeBob and Patrick scream as the drop of paint goes out of the pot.
- 63. "Have You Seen This Snail?" - Gary finds out Grandma's true plan of eating him.
- 78b. "Best Frenemies" - "What's happening to me?"
- 89a. "The Krusty Sponge" - SpongeBob gets Mr. Krabs to save him from the Spongy Zombies at the Krusty Krab.
- 94b. "Mermaid Man vs. SpongeBob" - The zombifed heroes push through the crowd; Mermaid Man stomps on the Krabby Patty.
- 104a. "Not Normal" - "It's me, Squidward. I'm looking for SpongeBob."
- 193a. "Sanctuary!" - "Oh no, Patrick, no outside-ies for you."
- 202a. "Food Con Castaways" - SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs sit around a campfire terrified.
This part is the more ghostly part of the piece. This part features ghostly-sounding sopranos and high violins.
- 36a. "Graveyard Shift" - A bus arrives.
- 60b. "Pranks a Lot" - SpongeBob and Patrick (the ghosts) begin to haunt Mr. Krabs.
- 61a. "Fear of a Krabby Patty" - SpongeBob tells Mr. Krabs that he sees "Killer Krabby Patties" everywhere.
- 188b. "Yeti Krabs" - "Oh no, your lack of work is taking on an odor!"
- 193a. "Sanctuary!" - An official arrives at SpongeBob's house.
This version is the "scary" part of the piece. It is often used in scenes where threatening moments are prevalent. Sometimes only the ending part is used to show dramatic effect of a dangerous, gross, or threatening moment.
- 7a. "Hall Monitor" - SpongeBob is screaming and babbling while he runs in the mailbox.
- 13b. "I Was a Teenage Gary" - Title card; Squidward sees SpongeSnail.
- 14a. "SB-129" - Squidward is frozen as the latch comes off.
- 14b. "Karate Choppers" - Volcano sauce bottle is shown.
- 16a. "Valentine's Day" - Patrick goes on a rampage.
- 18b. "Walking Small" - "Mega Bucket?"
- 20a. "Hooky" - SpongeBob pictures himself in a tuna can.
- 22b. "Bossy Boots" - SpongeBob screams after he sees Mr. Krabs laying on the ground.
- 23b. "Bubble Buddy" - SpongeBob screams after Pearl blows her bubblegum.
- 25a. "Wormy" - SpongeBob and Patrick notice the butterfly ate Wormy.
- 29a. "Survival of the Idiots" - Sandy screams.
- 33a. "Shanghaied" - The Flying Dutchman continues scaring the kid fish.
- 36a. "Graveyard Shift" - SpongeBob starts screaming repetitively; The "Hash-Slinging Slasher" is real.
- 39a. "Jellyfish Hunter" - "Blue jelly!"
- 49a. "Krab Borg" - Mr. Krabs comes out of the door with painful red eyes, a pair of small tonks in his hand, and batteries in his pocket; "Squidward, the robots are running the navy!"
- 50a. "Wet Painters" - The paint starts going down the wall; The dollar is shown to have a tiny drop of paint.
- 60b. "Pranks a Lot" - Mr. Krabs screams.
- 61a. "Fear of a Krabby Patty" - SpongeBob begins to be afraid of Krabby Patties.
- 63. "Have You Seen This Snail?" - Grandma goes after Gary.
- 64a. "Skill Crane" - "I gotta win that crane!"
- 64b. "Good Neighbors" - Squidward's house grows arms and legs; Squidward's house destroys everything in Bikini Bottom.
- 67a. "Enemy In-Law" - Betsy Krabs screams in fright from being taken by the Chum-Bot.
- 68b. "SquidBob TentaclePants" - The ending.
- 70b. "Ghost Host" - The Flying Dutchman scares Squidward by using various things; the ending.
- 72a. "All That Glitters" - SpongeBob starts crying uncontrollably when his spatula is broken.
- 73b. "Once Bitten" - "That mad snail is coming! If he bites you, you'll turn into a zombie!"
- 76a. "The Thing" - Squidward, covered in hard cement, gets stung by jellyfish.
- 79a. "The Pink Purloiner" - SpongeBob runs around in the background wiping saliva off of his tongue and screaming after using "Confess-A-Bear."
- 83c. "Fungus Among Us" - The camera shows the ick on Squidward's head.
- 87a. "To Love a Patty" - "What's happened to you?"
- 90c. "The Krusty Plate" - Mr. Krabs sees the spot; SpongeBob sees the spot.
- 98. "What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?" - The decorative egg hits SpongeBob.
- 100b. "Stanley S. SquarePants" - SpongeBob notices Stanley broke his spatula.
- 104a. "Not Normal" - Normal Squidward revealed.
- 105a. "The Splinter" - Squidward grabs two pillows and places them over his ears while SpongeBob screams.
- 107b. "No Nose Knows" - "Bad smells are all around me!"
- 110b. "Grooming Gary" - The pets start a riot.
- 120b. "Toy Store of Doom" - "Nothing can stop it!"
- 150a. "Krusty Dogs" - "No-o-o m-m-m-m-more Krabby Patties?"
- 152b. "Perfect Chemistry" - Squidward screams as he sees SpongeBob's eyes blinking; Squidward screams after SpongeBob's mouth says "Hi, Squidward!"
- 157b. "Oral Report" - The students angrily stare at SpongeBob.
- 184b. "Evil Spatula" - Title card; Plankton looks at the label too late and the Chum Bucket explodes.
- 187a. "Don't Look Now" - SpongeBob and Patrick scream before the "Two hours later..." time card; SpongeBob and Patrick horrifyingly scream after they think the fisherman has Squidward.
- 192a. "Company Picnic" - Squidward screams; SpongeBob stops Mr. Krabs from signing the contract; SpongeBob stops Simmy from the pen heading straight for his eye.
- 193a. "Sanctuary!" - SpongeBob's house is revealed to be full of snails.
- 194b. "The Sewers of Bikini Bottom" - Customers run out.
- 196a. "The Fish Bowl" - Closeup of Patrick's foot.
- 197a. "Mall Girl Pearl" - "...my dad!"
- 200. "Goodbye, Krabby Patty?" - People puking up sand.
- 206b. "Code Yellow" - Closeup of Squidward's nose.
- 207b. "House Worming" - Squidward screams as he hoses down SpongeBob.
- 208b. "Krusty Katering" - Kids and Patrick scream.
- 214b. "Out of the Picture" - Mother and son scream.
- 222a. "Krabby Patty Creature Feature" - The ending.
- 222b. "Teacher's Pests" - Mrs. Puff hits Plankton and Mr. Krabs with the apple tree; SpongeBob, Mr. Krabs, and Plankton are stitched together.
- 223a. "Sanitation Insanity" - Trash covers Bikini Bottom. (Low pitched)
This version is a completely different cue composed by Larry Hochman.
- 66. "Dunces and Dragons" - "Soon the king's village will be mine!"
- 90a. "A Flea in Her Dome" - The fleas begin to bite SpongeBob, Patrick, and Sandy.
- 94b. "Mermaid Man vs. SpongeBob" - Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy say their evil speech.
- 142b. "Sponge-Cano!" - The Bikini Bottom citizens almost throw Squidward in the volcano.
- 149b. "Tunnel of Glove" - The robots approach SpongeBob and Pearl.
- Version 1 can also be heard in an episode of the American sitcom Roseanne.
- Currently, none of the episodes in the SpongeBob SquarePants series use all five parts of House of Horror.
- There are only two episodes that both have House of Horror at the end of both episodes that also happen to be sister episodes. They are "Krabby Patty Creature Feature" and "Teacher's Pests."