|Author:|| Erica Pass|
The Artifact Group
|Publisher:|| Simon Spotlight|
|Publish Date:||April 24, 2007|
|List of books|
Hooray for Dads! is a SpongeBob SquarePants book by Erica Pass and The Artifact Group. It was published by the Simon Spotlight/Nickelodeon on April 24, 2007. It is available in the United States and is in English. It also has 24 pages. This is the only time Sandy's, Squidward's, and Plankton's fathers are seen.
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Harold SquarePants
- Patrick Star
- Herb Star
- Squidward Tentacles
- Mr. Tentacles
- Pearl Krabs
- Eugene Krabs
- Sandy Cheeks
- Pa Cheeks
- Sheldon J. Plankton
- Papa Plankton
What's more important than spending time with Dad at the Annual Dad and Kids Games Day? SpongeBob doesn't think anything else is, until he believes the grand prize is a gold-plated spatula! They do lots of activities, but Plankton and his dad win, and do an interview on how they won. They also get their names engraved on a rock.
- In the episode "Krab Borg," Squidward used past tense, as if his father is dead, but in this book it is confirmed his father is alive and well.
- Squidward and his dad won the bubble blowing activity and lost the sandcastle building activity.
- SpongeBob and his dad won the Jellyfishing activity.
- Sandy and her dad won the racing activity.
- Plankton and his dad won the badminton activity and won the entire show.
- Mr. Krabs' undershirt is gone for the entire book.
- This is the only time where Sandy's dad, Plankton's dad, and Squidward's dad are shown. Squidward's dad has been mentioned before, however.
- Herb and Harold are shown the only dads that are seen in the TV series (not including Mr. Krabs), and the only ones with a first name revealed.
- Mr Krabs' dad is the only dad that doesn't appear in this book.
- On the cover, Herb's Mustache is light brown instead of grey.
- On the cover, Harold's hat is yellow with an orange stripe instead of a white top, tan bottom, and brown stripe.
- On one page in the book, Patrick's eyelids are seen pink instead of purple.