"Hide and Then What Happens?" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season seven. In this episode, SpongeBob and Patrick's game of hide and seek goes downhill after SpongeBob can't find Patrick anywhere.
The episode begins with SpongeBob saying "hello" to Patrick. They blink at each other for a bit then SpongeBob decides that they should play hide and seek. However, Patrick doesn't know what the game is, so SpongeBob tries to explain it to him, but fails. SpongeBob then does it in a sock puppet version but Patrick still doesn't know how to play.
They then start the game anyways, but
Patrick quits before SpongeBob finishes counting, and goes to his home. SpongeBob then finishes counting and starts looking for Patrick.
He looks for Patrick at Squidward's house, under the Krusty Krab sign, and at Mrs. Puff's Boating School.
Then he goes to look for him at Sandy's treedome. Sandy catches SpongeBob looking for Patrick and she gives him a submarine to look for Patrick.
SpongeBob then goes on an adventure in the submarine before running out of fuel in a stormy area. He begins walking and bumps into a sign, welcoming him to a cafe and gift shop called The End of the World
. He goes inside and asks the clerk if he's seen Patrick. The clerk points to a pink starfish
SpongeBob thinks it's Patrick. However, the pink starfish explains that he is Patrick Not-Star and SpongeBob starts crying because Patrick won at hide and seek. However, Patrick Not-Star explains to SpongeBob that games are about having fun, so SpongeBob cheers up.
SpongeBob then walks over to Patrick's rock and leaves him a note saying how he's good at Hide and Seek. At that moment, Patrick comes out of his rock and SpongeBob realizes he was under there the whole time. Patrick then reads the note and thanks SpongeBob.
Patrick then tells SpongeBob he has another question and he asks SpongeBob "What's Hide and Seek?"
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ SpongeBob History Song - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [opening]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["What's hide-and-seek?"]
‣ Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob's socks on his hands]
‣ Drowsy Reef - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick cries]
‣ Lite Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob deciding where to hide]
‣ Cartoon Sting 3 - SpongeBob looking for Patrick
‣ Steel Sting (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["This is gonna be harder than I thought."]
‣ Bucaneers 3 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [SpongeBob running toward Squidward]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward sighs]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["What the...?"]
‣ Dramatic Impact 5 - Ivor Slaney ["Head for the shelter!"]
‣ Botany Bay - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob pulling letters off the Krusty Krab sign]
‣ The Achterhoek Dances - Jan Rap [boating school]
‣ Sailor's Sting 3 - "I'm trying to lift this boat."
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Mrs. Puff lifts the boat]
‣ Steel Sting (f) - Jeremy Wakefield [Mrs. Puff panting]
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [a burning tire rolls by]
‣ Apprehensive 2 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [SpongeBob looking for Patrick at Sandy's house]
‣ Buccaneer Overture - David Arkenstone [submarine]
‣ Patchy's Parched Blues - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob enters at the Cafe to find Patrick.]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Patrick Not-Star]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob cries]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["Hey, you're right!"]
‣ Puka B - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- As of August 19, 2016, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 7.5/10 based on 21 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 8/10 based on 93 votes.
- It would be impossible for Sandy's submarine's windshield to be unscathed after smashing through Sandy's treedome due to them supposedly both being made of the same polyurethane material.
- The submarine could not have moved while in the treedome as there was no water in it.
- When SpongeBob looks around and sees Patrick's house, neither Squidward's nor SpongeBob's houses are shown.
- When the submarine runs out of fuel and crashes, SpongeBob can clearly be seen inside the cockpit, piloting the submarine. In the next shot, when the fuel alarm goes off, he is in the bathroom, shaving.