"Hide and Then What Happens?" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season seven. In this episode, SpongeBob and Patrick's game of hide and seek goes downhill after SpongeBob can't find Patrick anywhere.
- Patrick Star
- SpongeBob SquarePants
- Squidward Tentacles
- Eugene H. Krabs
- Mrs. Puff
- Mrs. Puff's Students (mentioned)
- Sandy Cheeks
- Goo Lagoon Beachgoers
- Bartender (debut)
- Patrick Not-Star (debut)
SynopsisThe episode begins with SpongeBob saying "hello" to Patrick. They blink at each other for a bit then SpongeBob decides that they should play hide and seek. However, Patrick doesn't know what hide and seek is, so SpongeBob tries to explain to him what hide and seek is but fails. SpongeBob then does it in a sock puppet version but Patrick still doesn't know how to play. They then start the game anyways, but Patrick quits before SpongeBob finishes counting, and goes to his home. SpongeBob then finishes counting and starts looking for Patrick. He looks for Patrick at Squidward's house, under the Krusty Krab sign, and at Mrs. Puff's Boating School. Then he goes to look for him at Sandy's house. Sandy catches SpongeBob looking for Patrick and she gives him a submarine to look for Patrick. SpongeBob then goes on an adventure in the submarine before running out of fuel in a stormy area. He begins walking and bumps into a sign, welcoming him to a cafe and gift shop called The End Of The World. He goes inside and asks the clerk if he's seen, Patrick. The clerk points to a pink starfish and SpongeBob thinks it's Patrick. However, the pink starfish explains that he is Patrick Not-Star and SpongeBob starts crying because Patrick won at hide and seek. However, Patrick Not-Star explains to SpongeBob that games are about having fun, so SpongeBob cheers up. SpongeBob then walks over to Patrick's rock and leaves him a note saying how he's good at Hide And Seek. At that moment, Patrick comes out of his rock and SpongeBob realizes he was under there the whole time. Patrick then reads the note and thanks, SpongeBob. Patrick then tells SpongeBob he has another question and he asks SpongeBob "What's Hide And Seek?"
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ SpongeBob History Song - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [title card]
‣ Hello Blues - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [opening]
‣ Lap Steel - Nicolas Carr ["What's hide-and-seek?"]
‣ Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob's socks on his hands]
‣ Drowsy Reef - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Patrick cries]
‣ Lite Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [SpongeBob deciding where to hide]
‣ Cartoon Sting 3 - SpongeBob looking for Patrick
‣ Steel Sting (b) - Jeremy Wakefield ["This is gonna be harder than I thought."]
‣ Bucaneers 3 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [SpongeBob running toward Squidward]
‣ Steel Sting - Jeremy Wakefield [Squidward sighs]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["What the...?"]
‣ Dramatic Impact 5 - Ivor Slaney ["Head for the shelter!"]
‣ Botany Bay - Michael Bolger, Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob pulling letters off the Krusty Krab sign]
‣ The Achterhoek Dances - Jan Rap [boating school]
‣ Sailor's Sting 3 - "I'm trying to lift this boat."
‣ Tension Bits - Nicolas Carr, Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Mrs. Puff lifts the boat]
‣ Steel Sting (f) - Jeremy Wakefield [Mrs. Puff panting]
‣ Steel Licks - Jeremy Wakefield [a burning tire rolls by]
‣ Apprehensive 2 - Harry Bluestone, Emil Cadkin [SpongeBob looking for Patrick at Sandy's house]
‣ Buccaneer Overture - David Arkenstone [submarine]
‣ Patchy's Parched Blues - Nicolas Carr [SpongeBob enters at the Cafe to find Patrick.]
‣ Nude Sting - Nicolas Carr [Patrick Not-Star]
‣ Steel Licks (d) - Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob cries]
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr ["Hey, you're right!"]
‣ Puka B - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [ending]
- This episode is available on the SpongeBob's Runaway Roadtrip, Complete Seventh Season, and It Came from Goo Lagoon DVDs.
- As of August 19, 2016, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 7.5/10 based on 21 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a 8/10 based on 93 votes.
- Patrick is shown not to know how to play hide and seek, but in "Wormy," he already knows how to. It's also possible it happened after "Wormy" because SpongeBob told him they played it dozens of times and he still didn't know what it was. They also played Hide and Seek in "Buried in Time" and "The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom."
- The background for the title card could possibly be the kelp forest from "Club SpongeBob."
- SpongeBob is seen taking the letters off the Krusty Krab, but in "Krusty Krab Training Video," Mr. Krabs is seen painting the letters.
- Some airings have this episode paired with "Tunnel of Glove."
- During the theme song, this is the first episode to adapt to using the new Nickelodeon logo which is seen with the show's logo.
- When SpongeBob picks up a pink cone-shaped piece of coral from the ground, thinking it's Patrick's head, it's an allusion to the episode, "Patrick SmartPants."
- This episode was included along with "Shellback Shenanigans" as special features on the SpongeBob's Runaway Roadtrip, DVD even though the episodes are not from the same season as the other episodes on that are the DVD.
- This episode premiered five years after Meow... Like a Snail?! was released.
- This episode, along with "Christmas Who?," "Can You Spare a Dime?," "Have You Seen This Snail?," "What Ever Happened to SpongeBob?," "Are You Happy Now?," "What's Eating Patrick?," "Goodbye, Krabby Patty?," and "Sportz?" are the only episodes to end in a question mark.
- It would be impossible for Sandy's Submarine's windshield to be unscathed after smashing through Sandy's dome due to them supposedly both being made of the same polyurethane material.
- The submarine could not have moved while in the treedome as there was no water in it.
- When SpongeBob is looking around and sees Patrick's house, neither Squidward's nor SpongeBob's houses is shown.
- When the submarine runs out of fuel and crashes, SpongeBob can clearly be seen inside the cockpit, piloting the submarine. In the next shot, when the fuel alarm goes off, he is in the bathroom, shaving.