The Hash Slinging Slasher is the main character in a ghost story told by Squidward in the episode The Graveyard Shift. Squidward told SpongeBob the story and convinced him that it was true. SpongeBob could not pronounce his name at first. Then Squidward told him that it was all a joke. Later that night, it seemed that the events of his story were coming true at the Krusty Krab. The Hash Slinging Slasher, or what they thought was him, came to apply for a job at the Krusty Krab. He caused the problems Squidward told in his story.
- The Hash Slinging Slasher is a parody of the Grim Reaper.
- Technically he does not exist.
- The inside of his nose must be red, as when he appears to have eyes, they are red.
- SpongeBob screams 27 times from shock after being told the story of the slasher. When Squidward assures him the slasher story is made-up, SpongeBob laughs eight times hysterically.
- In this episode the Krusty Krab closes at seven but in the Krusty Krab Training Video the restaurant closes at six.
- When he is outside, his nostrils are red, but when he is inside, they are black.
- When Squidward says, "The walls will ooze green slime! No, wait, they always do that," in all the other Krusty Krab episodes, the walls have never been shown oozing green slime.
- His Brazilian name is "Ze do Picadinho" (Stew Joe).
- According to Squidward's story, there are three signs of his presence:
- The lights will flicker on and off. (Nosferatu flickered the lights)
- The phone will ring and there will be nobody there. (The person thought to be the Hash Slinging Slasher called the Krusty Krab but was nervous so he hung up).
- The ghost of the bus that ran him over will drop him off.
- The person thought to be the Hash Slinging Slasher said he was going to apply for a frycooking job but SpongeBob it the main and only frycook.
- The Hash Slinging Slasher's name is often mispronounced by SpongeBob and Squidward.