"Goo Goo Gas" is a SpongeBob SquarePants episode from season five. In this episode, Plankton creates a gas that turns adults into babies.
The scene starts with Plankton (disguised as a pepper shaker) taking a Krabby Patty but is easily caught by Mr. Krabs. As he is lamenting his failure on a bench in the park, Plankton then hears a woman saying that she can take her baby's milk away from him and he cannot do a thing about it. This makes Plankton realize he will turn Mr. Krabs into a baby.
Plankton then leads Mr. Krabs in a telephone booth by money where he sprays Goo Goo Gas on him, turning Mr. Krabs into a baby but Baby Krabs teeths on Plankton. SpongeBob finds Baby Krabs and takes him, but Plankton accidentally reveals that Baby Krabs is Mr. Krabs and gets arrested, but easily escapes. SpongeBob takes the baby in the Krusty Krab and tries to comfort him with many items, eventually succeeding with a stack of twenties.
Meanwhile, Plankton sprays Baby Krabs and SpongeBob but Mr. Krabs is now an adult and SpongeBob is a baby. Plankton squirts SpongeBob and he is now an kid again. The same thing happens again, and Plankton thinks it was not right. He gets launched out of the Krusty Krab by Mr. Krabs again. Later, Plankton uses a new spray and sprays Mr. Krabs again. However, Mr. Krabs is now elderly, much to Plankton's dismay, thinking it was a baby at first.
Soon, SpongeBob appears out of nowhere and says a speech about caring for Senior Citizens. However, Plankton sprays him as well. Then, he realizes that this was Senior Citizen Spray but then says that they cannot catch him. SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs then trap Plankton by knitting a net, getting hit one by one by senior citizens.
Plankton then realizes that there is one ingredient that he is missing to turn people into babies.
He then goes to Barg'N-Mart
which he buys baby powder and then goes back to complete the experiment. Using Karen as a test subject, it works. He then returns to the Krusty Krab and sprays all the customers, including SpongeBob, Patrick, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs and they never change back to adults again. Plankton is about to get the formula when he gets beaten up by the babies.
Baby SpongeBob then bashes the Goo Goo Gas canister, much to Plankton's dismay. But, Baby SpongeBob accidentally playing with the gas and flies in the air, turning Plankton into a microscopic baby. At the end of the episode, Plankton says "Ahem, Momma's evil little genius needs a diaper!"
Originally, in the scene where Plankton sits on the bench and watches the baby, Plankton would take the babies bottle a few times and then kidnap the baby. The baby's mother would then walk up to the stroller and ask where her baby went. It was heavily implied that Sadie was not going to be the baby's mother.
|( ‣ ) Associated production music|
|( • ) Original music|
|( ◦ ) SpongeBob music|
‣ Puka B - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [Title card.]
‣ Towerstreet 17 [#10] - Gerhard Narholz [Plankton steals a Krabby Patty.]
‣ Towerstreet 17 [#4] - Gerhard Narholz ["Hold it right there, Plankton."]
‣ Towerstreet 17 [#33] - Gerhard Narholz [Krabs takes the patty from Plankton.]
‣ Unknown Track 40 - Nicolas Carr [Plankton launched back to Chum Bucket.]
‣ Solo Steel - Jeremy Wakefield [Plankton on a park bench.]
‣ Vibe Q Sting - Nicolas Carr ["Aw, look at you!"]
‣ Twinkle Toes - Fred Woods [Woman talking to baby.]
‣ Unknown Track 48 - "Something about that woman reminds me of my mother."
‣ Harp Ding - Nicolas Carr [Plankton gets an idea.]
‣ Zelle 501 - Gerhard Trede [Plankton think about turn Krabs into a baby.]
‣ Sailor's Sting 3 - Trail of pennies.
‣ Life or Death - Jack Beaver [Phone booth fills with gas.]
‣ Tomfoolery - David Snell [Krabs as a baby.]
‣ Against the Law (a) - Wilfred William Burns ["Yes! My plan is working perfectly!"]
‣ International Law - Peter Yorke [Plankton arrested.]
‣ Vibe Sting - Nicolas Carr [Plankton frees himself.]
‣ Steel Licks (a) - Jeremy Wakefield [Police chase him.]
‣ Acts of Heroism (a) - Trevor Duncan ["Oh, Squidward, thank Neptune you're here."]
‣ Drama Link (e) - Hubert Clifford ["What do we do, Squidward?"]
‣ Goofy Conversation - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [At the Chum Bucket.]
‣ Cartoon Sting 6 - Baby Krabs crying.
‣ Kommissar X - Gerhard Trede [Plankton sprays SpongeBob and Krabs.]
‣ Keel Row - Brian Peters [Krabs throws Plankton back to Chum Bucket.]
‣ From the Dead - Ronald Hanmer [Plankton comes out of Krabs' mailbox.]
‣ Death Trap - Gregor F. Narholz [Plankton chasing Krabs.]
‣ Closing the Door - Nicolas Carr [Plankton sprays Krabs.]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch [Krabs as a senior citizen.]
‣ The Adventure Begins - Jonathan Neal ["Hold it right there."]
‣ Land of the Bard - Raymond C. Jones ["Old people are our greatest natural resource."]
‣ Comic Walk - Sidney Torch [SpongeBob as a senior citizen.]
‣ From the Dead - Ronald Hanmer [Plankton steals a Krabby Patty.]
‣ Twelfth Street Rag - Sage Guyton, Jeremy Wakefield [SpongeBob and Krabs stop him.]
‣ Jarabe Tapatio (a) - Gerhart Frei, Carlos Periguez [Pinata party.]
‣ Mission Improbable - Nicolas Carr, Barry Anthony [Plankton doing math equations.]
‣ Happy-Go-Lively - Laurie Johnson [Plankton at Barg'N-Mart.]
‣ Like Strange - Kenny Graham [Plankton tests his baby gas on Karen.]
‣ Zelle 503 - Gerhard Trede [Plankton turning everyone into babies.]
‣ Cartoon Sting 6 - Babies drooling on Plankton.
‣ Parting of the Clouds - Nicolas Carr ["I don't believe it! The Krabby Patty formula!"]
‣ Cartoon Sting 6 - Baby Krabs hits Plankton with the formula bottle.
‣ Fanfare (a) - "I've got it!"
‣ Cellar Search - Philippe Pares ["I've got it!"]
‣ Cartoon Sting 6 - SpongeBob playing with gas container.
‣ Cosmic Cloud - Trevor Duncan [Ending.]
- As of August 6, 2016, The Internet Movie Database (IMDB) gives this episode a rating of 7.2/10 based on 108 ratings by users. TV.com users give this episode a rating of 8.8/10 based on 199 votes.
- This is the only episode from Season 5 to air in 2009 and the only to be one of the 11 new episodes in The Ultimate SpongeBob SpongeBash.
- This episode aired as one of the 10 new episodes during The Ultimate SpongeBob SpongeBash and officially completed Season 5.
- On June 15, 2011, the television airing changed the air date to September 29, 2007, because that is when the sister episode first aired. It used to be listed as July 19, 2009.
- On TV.com, this episode aired with "No Hat for Pat" in July 2009.
- This episode aired in Germany on November 14, 2007 which was over a year before it premiered in the USA.
- This episode premiered in the UK on September 27, 2008, before it aired in the USA.
- This episode premiered in the UK four years after Nicktoons The Show Must Go On! was released and three years after the release of The Complete 3rd Season and SpongeBob Goes to the Doctor.
- The scenes with Old SpongeBob and Old Mr. Krabs were featured on the fake promo for Nickelodeon UK channel called "Nick Sr." during April Fool's Day.
- This episode was available on WhoBob WhatPants? and Season 5 Volume 2 DVDs before it aired on TV in the US.
- The German version of this episode lacks the text font, color, and background in the title card design.
- This is the first time a telephone booth is seen outside the Krusty Krab. Some other times, a Pay Phone can be seen on the back of the Krusty Krab or nearby.
- Plankton calls Mr. Krabs "Methuselah," who in the Hebrew Bible, is the oldest person. This makes sense since Plankton had just turned Mr. Krabs very old.
- When Plankton turns SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs old, a walker and a cane are seen. It is unknown how they got it.
- When Karen is sprayed with the gas, she turns into a calculator and displays "HELLO," while turned upside down, which would be the number "0.7734."
- When Karen turned into a baby, she was a calculator. If the Krusty Krab register were to be turned into a baby, it would also be a calculator.
- When Plankton turns into a baby, he simply shrinks to microscopic size and can still talk like he could before.
- This is Dennis' 50th episode appearance.
- This is Billy's 25th episode appearance.
- This is the last Season 5 episode to air, in order of airing appearance (not production order).
- On some airings of this episode, during the scene where Plankton says "Barnacles, I've run out of gas!" the captions instead read "Particles, I've run out of gas!"
- According to the copyright date in the end credits, the episode was finished in 2006, although it didn't air until 2009, thus making the longest ever gap between production and air time.
- The plot is very similar to the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog episode "Musta Been a Beautiful Baby." Coincidentally, Vincent Waller was a storyboarder on both AoStH and SpongeBob.
- When Plankton was trapped in the net, the Krabby Patty is missing.
- In this episode, the key to the Krusty Krab does not have two Ks, unlike in other episodes where it has been seen.
- When Nat sees SpongeBob chasing Plankton, he is at the right side of the table he is sitting next to. When the shot shows Krabs, he is at the left side of the screen.
- The openings on the net were big enough for Plankton to jump out of.
- When Plankton came out of the mailbox, Mr. Krabs eyebrows were not filled in.
- When Karen is in calculator form, she writes "hello" in numbers. However, there is no point between the 0 and the first 7, which is the only way to make "hello" with a calculator.
- Plankton is microscopic as a baby in this episode, but in "Friend or Foe," he is the roughly his regular size as a baby.
- The net Plankton gets caught in is not held by anything. A trap net will not work unless the supporting string is tied to something.